League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Vayne - Builds (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2174815)

Ravishing Sphinx 06-01-2012 01:24 PM

Vayne - Builds

Well, This build has worked out very well for me. Don't know if this will help anyone. Since i do see alot of people going to forums first before they go play the character. I did not, I chose to learn the hard way, came out with this.

Masteries:
- Offense (24): Summoner's Wrath, Brute Force (3), Alacrity (4), Weapon Expertise, Deadliness (4), Havoc (3), Lethality (1), Vampirism (3), Sunder (3), Executioner.
- Defense (6): Resistance (3), Hardiness(3)

Runes: (All "Greater")
- Marks: Strength (3), Malice (5), Alacrity (1)
- Seals: Strength (3), Resilience (6)
- Glyphs: Strength (3), Warding (6)
- Quintessences: Desolation (3) [Or Alacrity (3)]

Summoner Spells:
- Surge
- Ghost

Items:

Beginning of match, first items should be:
- Vampiric Scepter (no potions if you know how to life steal w/o dying)
- Boots of Swiftness

After you get cash go:
- Zeal (x2)

After that, Convert those into:
-Dancers (x2)

Go for Frozen Mallet after.

Then finally, for the damage you guys crave for a match overkill,
- Infinity Edge
- Bloodthirster
(Get those last 2 in any order, does not matter)

At the end you will have:
- Boots of Swiftness, Dancers (x2), Bloodthirster, Infinity Edge, Frozen Mallet

Vayne is Attack Speed before Attack Damage, Focus on getting Silver Bolts to level 5 first, And after that Tumble. You will understand why if you do correctly.

Skyliner 06-01-2012 03:48 PM

I had a long, thought out post explaining why your item choices are bad.

Then I went back up and looked at Masteries/Runes and said to myself, "Not worth it."

Ravishing Sphinx 06-01-2012 06:10 PM

Welll, I did face one that did the mainstream build. had boots, IE, and bloodthirst.... Dropped her in seconds. So, do as you please. =)

VoidBro 06-02-2012 03:31 AM

Real weak build.
I looked at your recent matches and you seem to have a lot of losses with Vayne.

I've also got a fair amount of losses too but I never go negative.
The problem with your build is you're rushing PDs waaaaay too fast and this is troublesome for a few reasons
*AS doesn't help with last hitting as much as AD and Lifesteal
*Vayne's W doesn't reaally do all that much damage early on anyway
*Very squishy and this is bad because Vayne gets denied real easy by most bot comps

If you're going to get a Zeal early I suggest you get a Doran's or two.
I also if you have the cash to buy Frozen Mallet, might as well buy a Guardian Angel because it'll help more in the long run, especially when you get to late game.

Who needs HP when all you gotta do is not take damage in the first place.

Something Snazzy 06-02-2012 07:21 AM

Can I point out something? You build plenty of damage and one of the highest life steal items in game... and have practically ZERO armor/MR. Why build life and life steal? If you are gonna steal 1k life, why not build armor/MR to make it last? There is a reason that most BT builds also get GA (at least the good ones).

Beyond that, there are a lot of other issues with your build. Like no damage to last hit. Any support who can harass slightly will screw with your CS so badly.

And "(no potions if you know how to life steal w/o dying)" made me laugh because there is ZERO way to life steal without pushing. Hit the enemy champion instead of minions? Doable but not as Vayne, who has one of the lowest ranges out of all the ranged AD champions. And pushing means ganks. If you are pushing enough to steal regularly, then you WILL get ganked. Any good jungler/support will watch where you place wards, come through your jungle, place pinks, come from brush along the side, etc. That doesn't even mention the fact that you can't get ganks from your jungler if you push.

Ravishing Sphinx 06-02-2012 11:21 AM

When i did start using vayne. I used to lose alot. after i got this together, 1/3 -1/4 of my losses was because of feeding. the rest of the loses were solely based off of the entire team's performance. But I will take those hints into thought. Might change. And frozen mallet is, yes 1. for more hp, but mainly the entire build from items, at the end, revolves around mov.spd, 470 mov spd with dancers and boots, and speed reduction with frozen mallet gives the enemy no chance to get back home alive, and also gives your teammates a chance to catch up if it is nessecary. But, yeah. I will take what you guys said.

JesusFreak42 06-03-2012 11:34 AM

I'm not going to into detail about HOW I get there, but I'm gonna show you my final Vayne build. I've been ripping faces with it in ranked. Keep in mind she's an assassin. A tank shredding assassin.

6 Item build:
Boots of Swiftness
Phantom
IE
Bloodthirster
Bloodrazor
Black Cleaver.

defleppardruelz 06-03-2012 12:07 PM

if vayne relies on attack speed why would you go speed 3 boots instead of berserkers?...i've seen vaynes rushing a PD before, but really it depends on your play style and how much AD you have from runes/masteries.

i'm not sure why you get 5% crit, and 1 attack speed rune, both seem useless....surge is pretty useless and ghost really isn't going to do much for you that flash can't do better.

just an fyi you should never level silver bolts, either level tumble or condemn. (i might level silver bolts if i was playing vayne top against someone tanky, but still probably not)

Etherimp 06-03-2012 12:19 PM

No. Just no.

There's a reason some variation of BT, PD, and IE is used on almost every AD carry by almost every top tier AD carry player.

Also, you should level R > E > Q > W, and you should prioritize AD.

AD is what allows you to kill people quickly, not attack speed...

lezgit 06-03-2012 12:57 PM

Nerf Leblanc

I've played against many leblancs and i just think she is too over powered.