League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Need help on how to win ranked games. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2171600)

ZeroTheDefiant 05-31-2012 05:16 PM

Need help on how to win ranked games.

I don't know what it is, but I seem to have bad luck in ranked. I tend to do well in lane, though I won't deny I have had bad games. I ward constantly, I try my best to counter pick, I build according to the enemy team, and I play the role that I'm needed in without complaining. But I'm still losing games every time, I have 9 wins and 17 losses (10 of those losses I got in a row).

My team never counter picks, they just call a role and pick their favorite champ. This is probably because my elo is steadily dropping.

So I need help please, tips, strategies, best roles for low elo, etc. How can I increase my chances of winning more often?

I am proficient at all roles but I'm best at Support or Mid.

fudgepackah 05-31-2012 05:17 PM

jungling is probably the best way t carry your team since you can everywhere. going mid is good because you are in the middle of the map. split pushing is also good too.

ZeroTheDefiant 05-31-2012 05:18 PM

bump

Coulombe 05-31-2012 05:19 PM

Learn about 34% of the roster and you will have enough flexibility.

ZeroTheDefiant 05-31-2012 05:24 PM

Bump, forums move fast...

lulzwhut 05-31-2012 06:55 PM

I'm steadily declining as well, due to similar unlucky streaks (5-10 losses in a row, 2 or 3 wins, back to losing). However, I do get decent games every now and then and playing mid and jungle tend to help you out if you are decent.

Duo queueing is not as effective as many people think, unless you trust the person you are queueing with and are able to communicate effectively. Friends on skype or that you are LAN'ing with are better than some random from over the internet.

Mid lane can do many things to help out. If you play a solid mid who can push pretty hard and fast (Morgana, Mordekaiser, Cassiopeia, etc) you can ask your jungler for blue, grab their wraiths to put the enemy jungler behind a bit, or gank other lanes or the jungle after pushing your lane.

As a jungler, you can constantly be counterjungling and ganking, putting their team further behind both gold- and experience-wise if done correctly. Good junglers for counterjungling are Lee Sin, Shyvanna, Olaf, Udyr, and others. These champions excel because they are good in 1v1 situations, can take down buffs and camps quickly, and can generally escape with an easier time than most. Good junglers for ganking and snowballing other lanes are Lee, Rammus, Udyr, Maokai, Nautilus, and Alistar. These champions are good for ganking because of the amount of CC they provide for ganks, allowing the lane to claim kills and snowball into winning their lanes.

Also, in solo queue, while individual skill is very important, so are people skills, awareness, and judgement. Know when to go in a fight or stay back. Call barons and dragons at good times. Know when to roam as a group and when to split push. Usually, if you can call a good dragon, baron, or teamfight the first time, your team will trust you and will believe you when you go again.

Be encouraging. By telling your teammates they suck, it demotivates them to do well. When someone tells you how bad you are, does it make you feel like you can win?

Hope I helped.
If you DO want to duo queue or talk more, add me. I'll be more than happy to talk to you or give advice and stuff.

Xidron 06-02-2012 10:33 PM

Guys I have had many bad games where it is partially my fault that my team lost(when i first became lvl 30) but now i don't get it anymore ... I play lee sin, nocturne and shyvana (jungle ofc) I always gank and whene i gank i get kills and assists. I start out in 5 minutes with a score of 4/0 but then my team just starts feeding without meaning to ... and i cant help bot and top all at once ... maybe thats because my elo dropped alot so people aren't that strong now ... but I really play well then my team starts falling apart and raging costing us the game ... I mean i played a game where at 1:23 ALL my team exept me died ... literally i mean they tower dived at lvl 1 ... WTF ?!@

ItsJustPain 06-02-2012 10:53 PM

Best way to win
make sure your mid or top are the damage dealers

Mid is mostly AP
before who gets mid lane
i say
within 30 minutes u should have about 500 AP

as ap carry
you need to stack AP
stand in the back and spam skills

mostly the team comp is best with 3 beefy melee and 2 ranges

having mord, olaf or lee sin top is one of the best thing
mid is best to have someone that can farm good
bot is best if u have someone like blitz that can grab and have ashe or vayne or graves
those that can hurt a lot and fast and also able to farm good

to make it short and simple
if you are able to ward and push your lane from going mia
the chance will pop up knowing your team will win

Most important thing is teamwork
everyone must stay together and run around together and ward

midillusion 06-03-2012 04:01 AM

Winning your lane is only half the battle. I have seen plenty of players who do really well in lane, getting fed but as soon as the teamfights start, they crash and burn. Most of the time it's a case of bad judgment, either getting caught out of position, not being with the team when they should be or just engaging badly. You can have the mechanics of an 1800 ELO player, but still be at 1200 simply because you decided to go for a turret or baron at the wrong time.

This is the sort of thing that lower ELO players don't understand. They come on the forums saying things like "I always win my lane" or "I always have good k/d/a", but that is not the reason they are losing. Here are some simple things to keep in mind for the mid-late game:

1. Once you get to the 30 minute mark, baron can be taken very quickly. If baron is up, don't make the mistake of going for dragon or a turret instead of baron. Many a game has been lost because a team went for dragon instead of baron when they had the chance, and the other team took it.

2. If someone on your team is split-pushing, you need to apply pressure to either another lane or an objective. If there is no pressure, then the whole enemy team will just gank the player split-pushing, kill them and then fight you 4v5.

3. Keep an eye on the respawn timers. It is quite common for teams to get greedy after they have won a teamfight. They ace the enemy team, then charge forward and take as many turrets as possible. This is all well and good unless you are still pushing on half health when the enemy team respawns. If this happens, 1 of 2 things will happen.

The best case scenario is that all your team will escape without dieing, but then this leaves objectives like Baron or turrets open for the enemy team to take while you are healing. Or, what is more likely is you'll get caught, get aced and then lose anyway.

4. Stay with the team. There is nothing worse than when you are defending a push and suddenly your AD carry buggers off somewhere and isn't there for the fight. If there is a fight about to break out, STAY WITH THE TEAM.

5. Don't forget to farm. A lot of lower ELO players are really good at farming up during the laning phase, but once they get into the mid-game, they seem to forget that minions even exist. Keep your farm up throughout the entire game, and don't stop until you have all your item slots full.

These are just a few of the most common mistakes I have seen at the lower ELO brackets. Like I said, you can have amazing mechanics, but if you have poor judgement and decision making, you will still lose, no matter how good your k/d/a is.

ProPlayerEd 06-03-2012 04:47 AM

I would try asking for Mid lane because supports are really known to be important till the 1500 + elo's.
But I am in the (sort of) same position as u except i only played a total of 5 games. my point is the more you play ranked games, the more likely thats your true elo.