League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Darius Ult vs Cho'Gath Ult (mainly another rant against Darius) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2165236)

Ophirr 05-29-2012 07:18 PM

Darius Ult vs Cho'Gath Ult (mainly another rant against Darius)

I seriously feel like Cho'Gath just got screwed over by Darius. Cho'gath used to be the only champ who can hit 650+ true damage with their ult. But wait, here comes Darius, with a ult that can do true damage. Wait, it can do even more true damage than Cho's ult. Wait, it has more range. Wait, it refreshes after a kill. Cho's does give him increased health... but seriously. And to all you people who will inevitably say that I just suck or that I just got "noob stomped" by him, well, I have been noob stomped by him. Over, and over, and over again. I go into 3's against him and get wrecked. I go into 3's with him and he carrys our team. I've had a Darius on our team in a 5v5 lose in a lane top against a jax, then later in the game, he went bot and against 4 people he managed to kill two of them with his ult before they got him. Sure, I have to counter pick him, or focus him down in team fights, but you can't counter pick him in 3v3's (I do want to play champs other than Jax), and when he snowballs in 5v5's, well gl. I don't even want to imagine what the win % with darius in 3's is atm. When this many people say that he's OP, there's usually a little truth in it (where there's smoke, there's fire). Another point on the Cho vs Darius ult, Darius gets + 1.5 ad if i'm not mistaking, while Cho gets nowhere near that (i do realize that its easier to get high ap than high ad). This, coupled with the fact that Darius can still increase his ult's damage by a high amount even if he goes tanky due to the fact that his passive ups it's damage, and Cho'Gath can only do that by building high AP for the same amount of damage increase, just further shows how they just decided to mix Cho's and Garen's ult and give it to Darius ;/

MCMCMAN2 05-29-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ophirr (Hozzászólás 24747070)
Cho'gath used to be the only champ who can hit 650+ with their ult.

Ever seen Garen? Or veiagr? Or any AD carry using autos for a second?

Also, 3v3 is not balanced, and it is an inoptimal way to play because of that. Crying about him being OP and ur inability to counter him in 3v3 is an invalid argument because the same goes for every other champ. Now, hes really squishy. Focus him, and unless your already low, then he will die really fast.

Ophirr 05-29-2012 07:20 PM

Sorry, meant to say 650+ true damage. Will edit

PerfidiousAlbion 05-30-2012 03:48 AM

Cho feels better knowing his passive is less conditional and has an amazing passive making up the difference.

King Duke Nukem 05-30-2012 10:49 PM

Gee, does that mean Garen is underpowered? His ult has no scaling and it's magic damage.

JustMyBassCannon 05-31-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Duke Nukem (Hozzászólás 24788615)
Gee, does that mean Garen is underpowered? His ult has no scaling and it's magic damage.

40% of your opponent's missing HP is "no scaling"?

DNeon 05-31-2012 01:09 AM

Except it does around the same as Olaf's unless he's been AA'ing you. Are you letting him AA you unhindered?

Invictrix 05-31-2012 01:37 AM

Chogath needs a buff.

Edit: Chogath got his buff and now he is good. Don't know why this necroed.

JustMyBassCannon 05-31-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invictrix (Hozzászólás 24791245)
Chogath needs a buff.

...I hope you're joking.
650 without any building up stacks to that damage base, plus 70% AP scaling (on an AP champ).
60 second cooldown at all levels (and he scales well with CDR)
Gives him a semi-permanent HP boost when he kills units with it.

On top of having one of the strongest ranged AoE disables (only outdone by Veigar) with a 3 second 60% slow attached to it.

Invictrix 05-31-2012 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exdeadman (Hozzászólás 24791308)
...I hope you're joking.
650 without any building up stacks to that damage base, plus 70% AP scaling (on an AP champ).
60 second cooldown at all levels (and he scales well with CDR)
Gives him a semi-permanent HP boost when he kills units with it.

On top of having one of the strongest ranged AoE disables (only outdone by Veigar) with a 3 second 60% slow attached to it.

Still I haven't seen a Chogath do well in a long time. They need to do something to make him a solid pick.

Edit: stop downvoting this back in may when I made this post it was true. They fixed his issues and now he is a great ap tank.