League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Ted, the Minion Leader (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2159413)

Shadowmender 05-27-2012 09:30 PM

Ted, the Minion Leader

Ted, the Minion Commander, is a large (champion-sized) melee minion. This champion will be very much a tank/pusher champion. His body is more defined, with better, form-fitting clothes and armor fittings over his hunched back, and the hammer(lance) and shields have obsidian imbedded in it (unlike other champions, he gets 2 outfits as his classic [blue/purple]). In addition, he has a name tag on his left torso.
I got the idea for Area of Defect’s: Minions Too. Here are the stats I have thought of for him:
Dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnYYfl58v0o 0:54 - 1:13 Include equipment falling off. (maybe add more of it falling off, just for comedic effect)
Roles: Support, tank, pusher, melee
Auto Attack: He attacks very similarly to a minion of his team. On a critical hit, there's a brief blood splatter on the ground, and a crunching sound.

Quote:

Health: 500 (+80)
Health Regen: 9.0 (+0.90)
Mana: none
Mana Regen: none
Range: melee
Attack Damage: 42.5 (+2.5)
Attack Speed: 0.650 (+3.0%)
Armor: 15 (+2.5)
Magic Res.: 30 (+1.2)
Move Speed: 310
These would be its abilities (I assume 100 range is melee?) (600 range = 6x melee reach, right?)
Passive: Name Tag
Quote:

Ted's name tag makes him less vulnerable to powerful figures. Reduce damage he takes from champions by 10% (before other resistances).
Q Ability: Focused Passion
(This change fits the alternative lore more than the old one.)
Quote:

Passive: Allied Champion bonus Attack Damage: 3.5/4.5/5.5/6.5/7.5%
Active: Targets a single champion, and attracts all minions in range to them. The target takes 3/6/9/12/15% bonus damage.
Lasts: 4 seconds
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Range: 450
Attraction range: 600
A a marksman target appears over the target, and he takes bonus damage for the duration. Minions are attracted to him, even going into the brush. (If it still isn't seen, they stop chasing him.) This ability works on towers, but doesn't add damage.
W Ability: Resolute Aura
Quote:

Active: Bonus Minion Armor: 4/7/10/13/16
Passive: Allied Champion Armor and MR bonus: 8/10/12/14/16
Cooldown: 10 Seconds
Range: 800
Any effective commander knows a battle is won by the last one standing, not by the one who hits the hardest. Active: Minions gain armor. Passive: Allied Champions gain armor.
E Ability: Siege Warrior
Quote:

Passive: Protection from towers: 15/20/25/30/35 % (before armor)
Lasts: 8
Duration: 7 seconds
Cooldown: 20 Seconds
Having seen more than his fair share of warfare, he learned techniques to reduce the effectiveness of enemy towers. This knowledge can be shared with his allies in preparation for a rush. Passive: Ted reduces damage from towers (armor applying afterward).
Active: -Ted may choose to either target a minion or champion with this ability. He loses his passive for the duration. Champion targets gain priority if it's a close target. While affected by this shield, targets gain 1/2 the passive for this ability.
- For minion target, all minions within 500 range gain a shield of 20/30/40/50/60.
For champion targets (including himself), that champion gains a shield of strength of Janna's base, but, instead of scaling, it offers bonus protection. The shield will act as though it had either .7 of Ted's defenses, or the target's defenses +.2 of Ted's defenses, whichever is higher.
R ability (ultimate): Pile on the Pain (as suggested by Invisibleally)
Quote:

Passive: Summons up to 3 elite minions (stats as though cannon minions)
Refresh timer: (1.5 times heimer's turrets) (reduced by cd)
Active's CD: 1 second
Range: 700
Lasts: 4/5/6 seconds (each on tracked seperately)
Any good Tactician knows that focus is key in any operation.
Passive: The elite minions circle around Ted, and attacks nearby champions, and blocks skill shots like a minion would, he also gains +5 armor and magic resist for each one circling him.
Active: Ted orders one of his elite units to a target champion. They encumber and harm the target while attached. They deal 150/300/450 physical damage over their duration, each. When 1 is on a single target, they are slowed by 20/25/30%. With 2, they are stunned. With all 3 are on one target, not only are they stunned, but they can be slowly moved (at 1/2 their speed) where you want. (Similar to controlling Shaco's Clone).
___The minions can be targeted and destroyed whether on an enemy or circling Ted. Abilities that cancel CC remove one of the elites, where as the summoner spell will dispel all of them. They instantly attach to the target, and, when the duration is up, or they have been dispelled, they disappear, and go onto the refresh timer. They grant no gold. They automatically start circling when 'refreshed.' Each minion is kept track of separately on Ted's Buff Bar. The buffs will be read as "Red Elite", "Blue Elite", and "Yellow Elite." ___
Lore:
Quote:

This particular minion came from a long line of Super Minions, but didn’t inherit that trait. He was drafted into the minion lines, as all the other minions, with little equipment, to be killed by champions. He was lucky in his first few ‘games,’ as summoners call the slaughter. He realized that coordinating well is the best way to stay alive. He mastered his commanding skills, while watching his friends die to champions who only had gold in their eyes.
Finally, Ted, fed up with it, started building a rebellion. This is when the high summoners figured they had a problem. They personally took Ted out, and started negotiations. At first, they offered to let him out of the league with a large pay (500,000 gold). He refused, saying that the system was completely unfair to his comrades. That gave them an idea: they offered ted a promotion to a champion, giving him improved power to protect his fellow minions – as long as he forgot any ideas of rebellion, and fought for the league.
“War, no matter the illusions you cast, will always have casualties.”-High Summoner, Charles
Alternate Lore: Some one brought up the fact that minions aren't suppose to be sentient. So, here's my solution. (Still throws a corki in the works though, lol.)
Quote:

Ted was once a mindless minion walking down the lanes to be slaughtered by greedy champions. However, he was fortunate to have survived the harshness of these 'games' as the summoners called them. He even watched many a champion die in his presence. This caused something to happen inside him. But no one noticed...until he started using tactics to kill champions, and shielding himself from minion fire. Soon, no one could think a bush was safe from this new...sentient minion. Then, what frightened people the most, he seemed to be able to share a part of his new sentience with other minions, granting them emotions that were never suppose to be instilled in them.
The high summoners knew they had to fix this problem before it was found out by the RPMA (Rights and Protection of Minions Agency). When they first went to confront "Ted" as he now called himself, he lashed out with such fury, they couldn't hope to talk to him or anything. When the high summoners met again, they decided that if they couldn't take his sentience, they would have to improve it, and promote him to a champion. They gave him a name tag, and upgraded gear as well. He certainly calmed down from his semi-sentient self, but there's still that bit of mindless fury in him.
"So far, rocks, trees, snakes, and badgers have gained sentience, and become killing machines as a result of this game. What's next? Tonight at nine." -Official reporter on this case.
(Imagine a grizzle old fart, for his voice)
Quotes:
Quote:

Upon Selection
“I’ve no love for you, Summoner.”
Attacking:
“Purge this scum.” (Only when attacking champion)
“I’m sorry, brother.” (Only when attacking minion)
“I’ll show you a thing or two.”
“This war isn’t the answer.”
Movement:
“My movements are masterful.”
“I’m the commander, summoner.”
“You are incredibly annoying.”
“Finally, a wise choice.”
Taunt:
“Just keep missing those last hits, summoner. We thank you for being such a noob.”
Joke:
“Knock, knock, here I go. Knock, knock, down with Cho.”
“Hey, why don’t you get off your orb, and come help me?” (LoL cinematic – I assumed that’s how summoners…summon)
"Stop feeding, this hurts you know."
His quotes really are intended to break the 4th wall.
Tips for playing as Ted
Quote:

Stay with your team, please! You are much more useful when your team is there to take advantage of your auras.
You can push very hard. Make sure you don't expose yourself to enemy junglers while doing this.
Buy wards.
Tips for playing against Ted
Quote:

He has little damage or CC outside of his ultimate and team. If he goes it alone, make him pay.
He can push very hard, very easily, and very consistantly; try and bait a push and have your jungler gank.
Be careful of the guy he's supporting. Ted's auras are going to make his carry a good deal stronger, turning a normally easily won poke into a feed.
He, however, has no sustain, so if you're careful, you can force them back, despite the auras.

Shadowmender 05-27-2012 09:54 PM

CHANGE LOG
Changed Ultimate to add utility and cc to a team. Changed Ultimate to decrease offensive power. Reduced summoned minions to 3, explained more on the ultimate
Increased Allied attack damage bonus from fury aura to 1.5/rank, rather than 1 at first, and +.5 for each additional rank, since 3% is a lot less than I thought it was.
Nerfed active bonuses to minions, in response to someone showing that they are being multiplied a tad too much.
Changed armor bonus to champions to flat amounts, and made it apply to mr as well.
Added a duration to Siege Warrior because I forgot about it, and only put the channel timer. Increased passive resistance to towers to 8% per level. Reduced range.
Removed Ultimate's scaling, reduced stats to cannon minion level. Increased damage to cannon minion level.
Removed passives, since I now decided which one to use. the removed ones are as follows:
Quote:

Passive (1): Group Hug!
Each friendly, nearby, non-building unit, every friendly champion gains + (2/3/4) % bonus health regen. This makes getting that health regen aura powerful, but makes him less useful away from his minions (gaining only +4% health regen at max, when he’s alone).
Passive (2): Less-Than-Honorable Kills (-1)
Reduces gold granted to enemies by minions to 3 quarters normal bounty, when near Ted
Passive (3): Empathy
Each time a minion is killed near Ted, Ted gains 2 gold (or maybe he loses 1/20 [true damage] that minion's life, and gains 5 gold).
Passive (5): Moral Support
Ted gains 5% damage resistance per nearby, friendly minion, up to 45% (before other resistances)
Adjusted Siege Warrior's active, and removed channel. He now has more utility and supporting capabilities, but now provides less protection to towers. Improved scaling of bonus defenses on it if .7 of Ted's defenses is less than the target's...well, because .1 is a really low number, even at 100 armor, it would only have granted 10 armor. Not a whole lot. (Now, given that few would have higher than his armor, if he built correctly, it's not of much concern, but that's why I didn't change the initial bonus of .7 of Ted's defenses.)
Cosmetic Changes: Added Dance possibility and tips for this champion. Changed who is quoted in the lore to make it more appropriate.
Added alternate lore.
Changed Q to fit meta better. the old on is as follows:
Fury Aura
Quote:

Bonus Minion Damage: 3/6/9/12/15
Passive: Bonus Allied Champion Attack Damage: 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5%
Ted is able to invoke fury in his allies, particularly minions, at the unfairness of this whole affair. He walks with such a strong stench of anger that champions are like-wise angered. Passive: Champions have increased AD. Active: Minions gain a bonus to their damage.
Changed passive's numbers. Changed numbers as suggested by a fellow commenter. Replaced Q's passive bonus as suggested. It was a tad low early on. lol. I was hesitant to give any kind of buff to this, since a typical minion wave has 6 minions. Multiplying how much he was actually doing by that. I buffed the passive aura very slightly. I take a closer look at the number on my E, it's highly specific to towers, which is only effective in a few scenarios. I drastically nerfed the duration on ult, as well as made obvious that they are tracked seperately.

Shadowmender 05-28-2012 10:36 AM

well, to the one who said i have bad number, throw in a suggestion or two

Invisibleally 05-28-2012 12:01 PM

This strikes me as being exceptionally original and you have some good ability ideas although I have some ability ideas of my own. While this sort of support tank sounds good, it seems very close to alistar and taric as far as abilities (healing/armor minions). I'm not saying that's bad, but I just don't want to see alistar clones from here to infinity and beyond.

ideas:

passive: Moral Support: Ted is supported by his fellow minions, taking 10% less damage for each nearby allied minion. [[capped at 80%]]

passive: Ted's Righeous Anger: Ted and all nearby allies deal 5 additional damage. This bonus is doubled for minions.

Toggle Aura: Protector's Zeal: Ted redirects 33% of the damage dealt to nearby minions to himself. While this ability is turned off, Ted gains additional health regeneration.

(Ultimate) active: Pile On The Pain: Ted calls a pack of his minion buddies, who latch the targeted enemy champion in place while he goes all 'Ted the Barbarian' on them. Silences and immobilizes the target until the target or their allies deal150/300/500 damage to the minions that are all piled onto the victim.

Active: Decoy: Ted releases a minion-like robot that operates like other minions until struck by a champion.When this happens, the decoy violently explodes, dealing heavy magic damage to nearby enemies.

passive: Minions who otherwise wouldn't be around are drawn to Ted's inspiring presence. Every 5 seconds, a more-dangerous-than-normal minion loyal to Ted appears and follows him around, assisting with enemies Ted targets. Maximum of 8 special forces minions. (they aren't as good as Promotes, but are better than regular minions. When killed, they grant only 1 xp and 3 gold.)

---------

I think you should go more for abilities that summon a bunch of minions to assist Ted in some way, my favorite idea is "Pile on the Pain" :D

Shadowmender 05-30-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invisibleally (Hozzászólás 24700049)
This strikes me as being exceptionally original and you have some good ability ideas although I have some ability ideas of my own. While this sort of support tank sounds good, it seems very close to alistar and taric as far as abilities (healing/armor minions). I'm not saying that's bad, but I just don't want to see alistar clones from here to infinity and beyond.

ideas:

passive: Moral Support: Ted is supported by his fellow minions, taking 10% less damage for each nearby allied minion. [[capped at 80%]]

passive: Ted's Righeous Anger: Ted and all nearby allies deal 5 additional damage. This bonus is doubled for minions.

Toggle Aura: Protector's Zeal: Ted redirects 33% of the damage dealt to nearby minions to himself. While this ability is turned off, Ted gains additional health regeneration.

(Ultimate) active: Pile On The Pain: Ted calls a pack of his minion buddies, who latch the targeted enemy champion in place while he goes all 'Ted the Barbarian' on them. Silences and immobilizes the target until the target or their allies deal150/300/500 damage to the minions that are all piled onto the victim.

Active: Decoy: Ted releases a minion-like robot that operates like other minions until struck by a champion.When this happens, the decoy violently explodes, dealing heavy magic damage to nearby enemies.

passive: Minions who otherwise wouldn't be around are drawn to Ted's inspiring presence. Every 5 seconds, a more-dangerous-than-normal minion loyal to Ted appears and follows him around, assisting with enemies Ted targets. Maximum of 8 special forces minions. (they aren't as good as Promotes, but are better than regular minions. When killed, they grant only 1 xp and 3 gold.)

---------

I think you should go more for abilities that summon a bunch of minions to assist Ted in some way, my favorite idea is "Pile on the Pain" :D

first passive: if I reduced the resistance a good bit (maybe max 50%?) it might very well work.
second passive: the reason my aura's don't affect minions passively is because...well...it's considered a noob's action to push early game
Protector's Zeal: yes, would be a great replacement for the armor bonus aura. but then he's much more useless in team fights. But, stack it with the tower resistance, and he becomes an immeasurable pushing force lol.
I like the idea of that ultimate. really funny (not to mention annoying) may wanna make it scale with something, because, think about it, a xin zhao could do more than that in one hit, meaning it wouldn't last long (which is kinda the point i suppose.
Decoy: eh... that active isn't really part of the concept, but that passive could definately work, replace the fury aura

Shadowmender 05-30-2012 05:44 PM

bump

jjb56 05-30-2012 07:37 PM

Passive: Increases the attack speed and power of nearby minions to units above 50% health.

Shadowmender 06-05-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjb56 (Hozzászólás 24783211)
Passive: Increases the attack speed and power of nearby minions to units above 50% health.

like I said before, It is a generally bad idea to push early game, and if you are passively pushing your lane just by being there, no one will want you to play in their lane (or the solo lanes, as it's hard to gank pushed towers).

IsTheFellowMad 06-05-2012 02:55 AM

Hi! Saw your champ, thought I should review it.

Quote:

Passive (1): Group Hug!
Each friendly, nearby, non-building unit, every friendly champion gains + (2/3/4) % bonus health regen. This makes getting that health regen aura powerful, but makes him less useful away from his minions (gaining only +4% health regen at max, when he’s alone).
Passive (2): Less-Than-Honorable Kills
Reduces gold granted to enemies by minions to 3 quarters normal bounty, when near Ted
Passive (3): Empathy
Each time a minion is killed near Ted, Ted gains 2 gold (or maybe he loses 1/20 [true damage] that minion's life, and gains 5 gold).
Passive (4): Name Tag
Ted's name tag makes him less vulnerable to powerful figures. Reduce damage he takes from champions by 5/10/15%
Passive 1: No. Minion Health regen is helping to push lanes too early in the game.
Passive 2: Too overpowered. Enemy carries tend to require gold to gain items. If they can't get enough and had to stay in lane longer, while their tank or support can't do anything about it, your carry will have a higher gold than the enemy despite having equal farm rates. This becomes far too frustrating and easily stalls the enemy carry, making the game an instant win for your side.
Passive 3: Pretty worthless. You generally want to give the gold to your carries, not for yourself.
Passive 4: The best of the 4, yes.

Quote:

Q Ability: Fury Aura
Bonus Minion Damage: 5/10/20/30/45
Passive: Bonus Allied Champion Attack Damage: 1/1.5/2/2.5/3%
Ted is able to invoke fury in his allies, particularly minions, at the unfairness of this whole affair. He walks with such a strong stench of anger that champions are like-wise angered. Passive: Champions have increased AD. Active: Minions gain a bonus to their damage.
Your carry is going to hate you for sure for activating this. This easily pushes the lane and, because the enemy minions HP is falling even more drastically, it will give your carry a harder time to farm. Too many downsides for your own Carry compared to the benefits they are gaining.

Quote:

W Ability: Resolute Aura
Bonus Minion Armor: 5/10/15/20/25
Passive: Allied Champion Armor: half of minion armor
Any effective commander knows a battle is won by the last one standing, not by the one who hits the hardest. Active: Minions gain armor. Passive: Allied Champions gain half the armor minions would gain.
Your Carry is still going to hate you for pushing the lane early game. This ability benefits the enemy team as they can now have your minions close to their side of the map without being near the turrets. In addition, if they did reach the turret, they will take lesser damage, allowing enemy carries a little ease in knowing when to hit and get the last hit.

The only time I would ever use the Q or W is when in the mid or late game, if you want to push an abandoned lane.

Quote:

E Ability: Siege Warrior
Passive: Protection from towers: 5/10/15/20/25 % (before armor)
Lasts: 8
Channel: 2 seconds
Cooldown: 20 Seconds
Range: 1000
Having seen more than his fair share of warfare, he learned techniques to reduce the effectiveness of enemy towers. This knowledge can be shared with his allies in preparation for a rush. Passive: Ted reduces damage from towers (armor applying afterward).
Active: Doubles passive, grants normal passive to minions and half normal passive. If he fails to channel, he loses passive, and everyone gains half benefit from this.
The only thing good about this ability is so your Carry can Tower Dive or if you want to destroy a tower. Other than that, as mentioned in your W, you helped your enemy Carry.

Quote:

R ability (Ultimate): Master Tactician
Passive: 2/6/10 % bonus minion damage to enemy towers
Cooldown: 240 Seconds
Range: 700
Lasts: 7/9/11
Any good Tactician knows that focus is key in any operation; this includes tower pushing. Passive: Nearby minions deal more damage to towers.
Active: Ted marks a tower for destruction, visibly marking it, and increasing all damage it takes as though it was from minions. All minions in the lane will forget any other targets (including taunts, etc...), and focus the tower, trying it’s best to reach the tower. His “E” also requires no channel for the duration. Also, any nearby taunts make allies attack the tower, not the champion (still has no other control).
This ability is underpowered. Enemy champions will know when to NOT taunt. The short duration and lengthy cooldown is enough to give it the Underpowered tag. It's uncommon to see teamfights happening under a turret.

--

Skill Sequence:

Actually, I would classify Ted as a Tank and Support and Pusher because of what his abilities does (both active and passive). In the Laning Phase, I would obviously not use any of the abilities unless my lane is pushed too hard and my Carry needs to recall. Actually, the skill sequence is pretty straight forward. The only thing I really need to think about is landing R. Because it's underpowered and targets a turret, you are pretty useless in teamfights and require your minions to do something for you. Usually, I can come up with move sequences of new champions. This, by far, has numerous sequences that it doesn't matter how I order them. Ted is a very easy champion to play in my opinion.
I don't really want to see him in the League though, because his passives are OP for your Carry. The people playing Ted can also troll by actually helping the enemy carry. Really stupid of them if they wanted to push and deny your own Carry the good farm.

--

Playing against Ted:

I add this section to test the viability of this champion and not seeing it as OP. Ted is very easy to play, but very reliant on minions to do everything. Other than that, he can't do jack in teamfights except running at the enemy team and sitting there like a man and let his passives do all the work (Wow, even more manly than Taric). Ted has no CC, no heals. Only stat benefits for his allies or the minions. In my eyes, Taric is more like a Support Champion, followed by Tank and Pusher.

In conclusion, people can actually go lazy with this easy champion. Just sit there like a ward and let your team do all the work. Otherwise, you can just backdoor the enemy team by activating all three of your first abilities on Top lane, then mid lane, then bot lane, then repeat. I'll be honest, you can make the enemy team rage, as well as your own.

That's all in my opinion. Take what you like, ignore the rest.

Thanks for the read!

EDIT: By the way, I voted Poll=Troll in your poll, simply because this champion can troll and make both teams rage.

Shadowmender 06-07-2012 07:15 PM

lol, thanks for your opinion, for passive 1, however, it doesn't regen minion health, and Passive 3, you are gaining gold while you give your carry the money. But, you make a good point about no heals and cc, i'll change that.
And yes, he CAN troll, but so can every other champion in the league. None of his abilities passively push, not even his passives I've suggested. Also, the stat increase is suppose to be this guy's 'gimik.' No one else gives that, for the most part.