||05-25-2012 12:38 PM
The Tribunal: The First Year
Itís been one year since the release of The Tribunal, our system developed to empower members of the League of Legends community to determine what conduct they consider appropriate to a positive gameplay environment. Alongside the Summonerís Code and our LeaverBuster system, The Tribunal has played a key role in our ongoing commitment to keep the League of Legends community constructive and enjoyable.
With one full year of The Tribunal in the books, we want to take a look back on the past year and share a few stats detailing the impact of your service to the League of Legends community:
- More than 47 million votes have been cast in The Tribunal
- 51% of The Tribunal cases result in a guilty verdict, with only 5.7% earning a permanent ban
- 50% of players warned by The Tribunal just once never end up there again
- Over 700 individual cases were personally reviewed by Lyte and me
To help keep up the momentum, weíve launched some new improvements to The Tribunal. These new features are aimed at helping summoners like you deliver verdicts even more quickly and accurately:
- Weíve updated the color palate to ensure that chat and report explanations are red-green colorblind friendly.
- The game mode and queue type (Ranked or Normal) are now displayed
- The defendantís summoner spells and total gold are now visible
- Information on the defendantís teammates, including their champions, levels, items, summoner spells, gold, minion kills and kill-death-assist ratio is now included
- Chat filtering options have been added to the chat log
Since the release of The Tribunal, your judgment has played an important role in helping to make the League of Legends community a more fun and friendly place to play. The Tribunal always needs help from summoners just like you, and voting takes only minutes. If youíre level 30, do your part and vote in The Tribunal today!