League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Hero Identfiying = harder than DOTA (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2149)

whitingnick 07-27-2009 09:19 PM

Hero Identfiying = harder than DOTA

Sometimes I find myself unable to pick out an enemy hero in a crowd. I'd like to identify enemy heroes easier. One thing I like about DOTA is that hero's have a glow about them, so they're easy to pick out of a crowd. This is my only complaint so far with LoL. When I get into a fight, I'd like to see my enemy easily.

Anyone else fill the same way?

Wana 07-27-2009 09:27 PM

I've experienced similar situations where I can't identify myself in a fight, or even notice I've arrived at my destination. Yeah, I know I can press the Space bar to center in on my champion, but that doesn't cut it in large fights where razzle dazzle AoE ultimates and crazy eyecandy fill up my screen. The unique champion HP and name bars help, but it's easy to lose yourself in the middle of a seizure-inducing chain of ultimates.

Razzle Dazzle 07-27-2009 09:39 PM

I've had this problem with the smaller champions liek Annie and Teemo! Glows would help out alot but I wouldint say it's neccisary!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wana (Hozzászólás 21819)
razzle dazzle

Razzle Dazzle??? whos that handsome man???

whitingnick 07-27-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wana (Hozzászólás 21819)
I've experienced similar situations where I can't identify myself in a fight, or even notice I've arrived at my destination. Yeah, I know I can press the Space bar to center in on my champion, but that doesn't cut it in large fights where razzle dazzle AoE ultimates and crazy eyecandy fill up my screen. The unique champion HP and name bars help, but it's easy to lose yourself in the middle of a seizure-inducing chain of ultimates.

I hadn't thought about my own hero, but yes I fully agree with you here too. It's sometimes even hard to see my own hero in a crowd. I hope Riot does something about this, making it easier to see heroes... I'd like to see them have a 'glow'

Lendari 07-27-2009 10:05 PM

spacebar

whitingnick 07-27-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lendari (Hozzászólás 21889)
spacebar

I don't think spacebar works with enemy heroes... :( And I don't think spacebar is enough with finding my own hero. I should be able to see my hero without using spacebar. Easier gameplay mechanics = a better gaming experience

Jesse Perring 07-27-2009 10:27 PM

I know it's important for new players to feel like it's easy to pick up the game, but after playing for a while, I have no problem at all picking out my hero in a mess. I think all the heroes have very unique looks.

Darklord 07-27-2009 10:42 PM

ya, I have 0 problem with this, both now and when I started playing. The graphics style makes the heroes all look *very* distinct.

Zeta 07-27-2009 11:01 PM

Only time I had a problem with this was fully grown Chogath, Annie, and Teemo on the screen at the same time.

Crazy.

Janna Windforce 07-27-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse Perring (Hozzászólás 21944)
... I have no problem at all picking out my hero in a mess..

Must be hard finding minotaur in a crowd. Jesus it's like I'm a forum stalker :(.

Seriously though, finding Annie in a very large wave of creeps is annoying. Not really much you can do, but it is kind of an annoyance and just takes time to get used to. Also, don't do what I did and think twitch was hiding in his creep pack the whole time.