League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Fast Terrain Please :( (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2145320)

ReVersive 05-23-2012 02:29 PM

Fast Terrain Please :(

Hello.

I've been playing league of legends for 3 years now and I have ALWAYS played on fast terrain (Fast terrain is an option in video settings that changes your camera angles). Fast terrain has recently been taken out due to the new changes in summoners rift (Darius Patch). I do not have any FPS problems, I just prefer fast terrain over the normal angles. Normal angles also give me headaches because I have been so used to fast terrain. Pleaseeeeee bring back fast terrain as an option. It wouldn't hurt anyone would it? Please take it into consideration :).

Evan Stevens 05-23-2012 03:13 PM

bump for great justice

Coolkids 05-23-2012 03:58 PM

bump what's bump mean

JevelFaithful 05-23-2012 04:10 PM

Question : what does it changes? How does the angle changes?

They have answered that it was hard to maintain with the new look. And that the new look was supposed to enhance even a low comp's framerate. Basically, looks like FT's role is taken, why maintain it if it's problematic. I understand their choices

ReVersive 05-23-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Statiqhock (Hozzászólás 24541441)
Question : what does it changes? How does the angle changes?

They have answered that it was hard to maintain with the new look. And that the new look was supposed to enhance even a low comp's framerate. Basically, looks like FT's role is taken, why maintain it if it's problematic. I understand their choices

You can search up some pictures on google/youtube to see how the view/angles change. I understand that FT's purpose of enhancing a low comp's framerate has been rendered useless because of the recent changes. I'm just voicing out my opinion and people who prefer the angles/view of FT.

Pookie26 05-23-2012 05:19 PM

As I posted in the Feedback section:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie26 (Hozzászólás 24537327)
With the new and improved Summoners Rift map, it is expected to have and need small fixes. This is regarding the text/hud scaling or making things easier to read and such. None of that I am bothered by or am here to complain about. The one thing that really frustrated me was the removing of the option 'Fast Terrain'.

I know it might not have been the most commonly used option, or needed now with the new improved map with reduced lag and loading, I never used the option for those reasons. I used it purely because of its change in camera angle to a more vertical view of the map and champions so that it was easier for me to play the game well. It drastically improved my last hitting, map awareness, ability to hit skill shots, ability to target the right foes, and to in general have a better sense of the game. I have played with it on for the past 2 years totaling over thousands of games and loving every minute of it. Now with it removed, i simply cant stand playing.

Without it, for my screen set up and what i am used to playing with/as, i can no longer play for longer than a game at a single sitting because it hurts my eyes (not being sarcastic or rude, just to be able to try to play at such an extreme angle is to hard). My accuracy with skill shots has just gone down the drain, with the angle the character depth is extremely hard to be precise with, at least for me. Its harder for me to select the right for that i want to in either team fights or trying to last hit because of models being infront of each other. Its just become a lot harder to judge situations as they should be and to adjust myself accordingly.

Please either make the camera angle ajustable or bring back fast terrain. I hate to be one of those guys, but i honestly cant see myself playing this game for much longer without being able to adjust the camera angle to a more vertical birds eye view. I hope this is read and taken under consideration by Riot. I also hope this opinion is shared by others. You might not have used fast terrain, but im sure you can agree that a change in camera angle is screwy and needs some adjusting.

Thank you for your time and for reading.

SadButTrue666 05-23-2012 05:24 PM

honestly, who gives a ****, its just an angle, get used to it

ReVersive 05-23-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadButTrue666 (Hozzászólás 24544469)
honestly, who gives a ****, its just an angle, get used to it

Hah, if you were at the other end of it, im 100% sure you too would be complaining.

GoodGuy Summoner 05-23-2012 05:38 PM

I have never used FT, but I have only been playing about a month xD. however this thread now has me interested, since I didnt even get to try it out in the first place. I too have a hard time playing from such a high up view, I'm for bringing it back too!

ReVersive 05-23-2012 05:42 PM

Thank you