League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   AP sion, what should I build? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=213621)

Brosiris 08-19-2010 07:53 AM

AP sion, what should I build?

experienced sion players, what do you get after boots?
I was thinking zhonya's would be great for pure AP, which would synergise pretty well with sion's extreme AP scaling for a decent mid game, but then there's deathfire, and while it doesn't give me near as much AP it builds better, gives some CDR and helps my burst.
So what do you build?

Lee Wang 08-19-2010 07:55 AM

Don't go ap sion.

Brosiris 08-19-2010 08:02 AM

Uh, why?
AD sion has a great late game, sure, but he takes 40 minutes to actually take off. AP has more of what i'm looking for, good early, mid, even late game.

Hiclic 08-19-2010 08:12 AM

Zhonyas is fine. I'd say the more important part is getting in the habit of using Brilliance Pots to fill your early lack of a serious +AP item. Magic Pen would be helpful to grab early game as well, like Haunting Guise.

Railen 08-19-2010 08:17 AM

AD Sion is also amazing early game too, but they are both very viable as is the Hybrid, Remember because of enrage even when you're going AP, SWING THAT **** AXE IT HURTS. I would very strongly recommend a nashors and sheen, Rod of the Ages is a great first item to rush as it gives you AP and health. Sheen is a great rush on him as it puts a lot of power into your early game gank. Nashors is great because even if your going full AP that axe still hurts. 25 free damage at enrage lvl 1.

I would probably go, RoA, Sheen, Nashors, Zhonya's.

Even with a more traditional pure AP build AP Sion really really tapers off lategame as most if not all the enemies can do enough damage to pop your shield before you can manually pop it, meaning you're only getting damage out of your stun, thats where the axe comes in.

I've always found a really effective pure unadulterated AP build is, Rush a RoA, then rush a Archangels, Then a Zhonya's. You will get roughly 250-300 AP a good chunk of health and more mana then you know what to do with from RoA+Arch, Add the Zhonya's and you are usually around 500 AP .

Also keep in mind early game AP Sion can be very many starved if you are using your w skill to farm.

Also consider a Lich bane, Adding 300-400 AP of damage ontop of the 150 or so of your base attack damage without having any items for it will really make your Stun / Axe hit / Pop burst / Axe hit combo hurt. BADLY.

Brosiris 08-19-2010 11:01 AM

Okay, i've had real success with zhonya's first, gives me some really good farming power early on.
But I had an idea.
What if i built him like heimer?
getting multiple archangels, then zhonya's
WILL IT WORK?

Railen 08-19-2010 11:18 AM

I always vastly prefer zhonya's as a late game item and 1 of the 3 buildup items first, Either RoA (my preferred), Soulstealer, or Archangel. Also because the mana it gives you RoA combines very well with Archangels then grab that zhonya's lategame not early game, when that 25% bonus really shines. Early game Zhonya's really isn't worth the investment.

And remember even if you don't build him hybrid at all, that axe hurts regardless swing it.

Brosiris 08-19-2010 11:24 AM

I don't have mana problems with Sion, and I really don't want more health. I just want AP and more burst damage.

clawder 08-19-2010 11:51 AM

I always buy with him Archangel's Staff first because you need its mana regeneration (plus its passive). Then one Zhonya's, one RoA, Lich Bane and Nashor. If you die a lot, maybe a Guardian Angel can save your team. Buy a Mejai ONLY if you're killing or assisting a lot (and dont die neither).

KrupsMcGee 08-19-2010 11:53 AM

Sheen, boots (sorc?), Meja's, Zhonya's, Sheen->Lichbane, Guardian Angel, Void Staff/other.

In that order for greatest burst. All the damage and survivability you need.