League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   We need a way to que up as our role. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2133948)

Dravens 05-19-2012 05:28 PM

We need a way to que up as our role.

I've noticed from my time of playing League, more and more people que into draft and ranked solo/duo and claim "I'm doing (insert role aside from support here) or I'm feeding!) And I am tired of having to dodge ques when people fight over roles. That's why I'm here to suggest that League needs a way to get into games as a certain role.
I know in WoW they implemented a system where someone could que for a rnadom instance as either a Tank, Healer, or DPS and we need a system similar to that. It doesnt have to be mandatory but it would be nice if it was there for the Summoners that would like to use it. Thanks.

Asklepiós 05-19-2012 05:39 PM

oooo yea, i like that... would be nice.

vulgarwolf 05-19-2012 06:03 PM

then queue times will be longer unless you play support then its instaque...then people realise hey i can queue as support..then pick another character anyway...theres nothing to say a team HAS to have a support..and if people feel so strongly that the team does they should do it...or if riot feels that a team must have 1 of each class..when people queue they pick a character and mm fits them into a game...this doesnt work if people are trying to counter pick though.....at the end of the day if you feel a team needs a support so badly..then always play support

KnightxSScarlett 05-19-2012 06:29 PM

How about learning many roles so you don't suck when you can't play the one you want?

CaptaynePetras 05-19-2012 06:39 PM

what really needs to happen is to not punish people for trying to 'dodge' out of seemingly trolly games. this can be done with a simple vote during champion select for 3 out of 5 people voting yes if they want to end the game right there without time penalties. this would avoid that always one troll that refuses to play along.

brotherlynchhung 05-20-2012 02:05 PM

Alot of people like support, the real way to fix this is to allow ranked queues to have 3 people queued at the same time rather than 1-2..

In any scenario you will have 1 odd man out that isnt in skype and that isnt willing to play the role they must fill

Cancel DUO QUEUE make it TRIPPLE QUEUE cancel the idiot out.

brotherlynchhung 05-20-2012 02:06 PM

or fix ELO because its a bull**** MMR system that riot must've picked up after not being able to have a good queue match making rating system.

Elo = real ***** candy

Maxijazz 05-20-2012 02:16 PM

Inb4 Meta sheep

ßeerPongChamp 05-21-2012 02:03 AM

while I don't think this is a the worst idea i've ever seen its a very narrow minded one. you think there is a set way to play this game and that there has to be a player to fill each roll but that is pretty nub way of thinking. just b/c you think sustainable champ on top ap mid jungler and ad carry / support bot is the only way to play doesn't mean its the only effective way to play. by making a role selection for Qing your basically saying there is only one way to play the game and thats not true. so what if no one wants to play support? there are plenty of ways to play this game not just what you think is right.

Kleeck 05-21-2012 11:57 AM

Champ select is a big part of the metagame. What you're saying is that a lot of people are bad at LoL and I agree.

When you see 2 AD champs and you pick up a third AD, you're being a bad player and you should feel bad.