League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Gank Top (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2129718)

awcrapilost 05-18-2012 04:30 AM

Gank Top

I've been having a series of games in blind pick lately where I go solo top and the opposing team chooses not to jungle. I usually face tank or bruiser and then a ranged champ. Normally its not too much of a problem as I have been using GP or malphite, I wind up with a few gp/5 items and reasonable cs for being under turret.

However the turret does take damage, and for whatever reason, my jungler is always ganking bot lane. Top turret takes damage, their mid invariably comes top when its low enough, and boom 3v1 low turret, turret is gone, I'm running for my life. Its been this exact situation for several games where I don't get 1 gank from the jungler D :

Gank top or skip the jungle, cause playing this way doesn't actually help anyone.

Ducky33 05-18-2012 05:23 AM

Have you asked for ganks? When I jungle, I gank wherever asked. Isn't that what a jungler is supposed to do?

Sephïroth 05-18-2012 05:54 AM

This is one of my biggest problems with the general community. A Jungler's job is not to gank every lane every single second. I often jungle in solo que because its the best way to win. That said, I often get raged by one lane that I ignore because the other lanes are suffering.

If there is 2 v 1 the jungler should probably make a good effort towards you, but even ganking its still only 2v2 and unless you both have a large level advantage, you might end up just getting killed.

I actually suggest you take up jungling and at least learn the ins and outs, because nothing annoys a jungler more than an ignorant laner. A ruffled jungler usually will start doing things just to spite you.

Respect your jungler, he's doing a much needed job, hold your lane the best you can so he can feed the carry lanes. Top is usually a tanky character, and isn't expected to do the bulk of the damage. You want to feed your carry lanes so you can take them out.

Leonixxiii 05-18-2012 07:48 AM

This-^

Its tough for a jungler with the new jungle style, every moment we are out of our route we are losing gold, and XP, so most junglers will only gank when its a clear advantage, with the exception of the random drive by just to scare the laner a bit.

Cover lanes, sure, but remember that we could be across the map when you drop, and a nearby lane may need help too... This is another challenge... Take the time to run to top from bottom, or run to force bot back.

awcrapilost 05-18-2012 11:44 AM

I do jungle myself from time to time, and tend to pay more attention to top and mid lanes. My thought on bot is unless the enemy jungler is paying them visits often, my responsibility to more to help the solo lanes be successful

TehJackAttack 05-18-2012 12:55 PM

If you are in a 2v1 top lane, the LEAST HELPFUL thing the jungler can do is come to gank top lane. Likely, you will have less hp than either of the 2 champs facing you 2v1. This means if the jungler comes to gank, there is a very good possibility for an enemy double kill 2v2 with their advantage (especially pre-6). The best time to gank top is as soon as the solo laner hits level 6, and the duo top lane is still level 4-5.

After that, ganking mid (2v1) or bot lane (3v2) is much, much smarter. One, your odds of getting a kill (or two) are much higher. And two, feeding your AP carry and ranged AD carry are MUCH MORE IMPORTANT that saving the top lane.

Top lane lost tower at 12:00 because you couldn't hold a 2v1 sustain lane? If the jungler was able to successfully gank mid and bot a few times in that time frame and your team now has TWO snowballing lanes against one losing lane, and there is a good chance that your jungler will be stronger than either of their duo top lane champs 1v1. This means you now have THREE snowballing heroes, which is far worth the cost of an under leveled, 0/3 top lane.

XxGodsHandxX 05-19-2012 05:45 PM

I jungle fairly recently and the thing that drives me crazy in an annoyingly large amount of games is when lane demands my attention, especially when they are constantly harassed and so low on hp, or I am busy trying to help another lane. Like Reimie said, a jungler might do something just to smite the laner. So when I get a really obnoxious player, I like to gank at what could be described as an inopportune moment and it of course ends up badly.

KnightxSScarlett 05-19-2012 06:25 PM

Play Shen or Renekton. Proceed to laugh at dives.