League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Kennen tips please (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2129123)

Dolgubon 05-17-2012 07:54 PM

Kennen tips please

I've tried out Kenne, and I really like him. So far, I've figured out that you use q to harass, and you can run through people with e, and then use w to attack them all. Any other tips I can get? I'd like to know how to better use his ult too.

TwistWrist 05-17-2012 07:57 PM

Can use W for harassment as well. Keep an eye on the passive of W. Every 4th autoattack will also apply a stack of your passive. Overall, your goal is to stun and ult or stun and get an easy bit of harassment in.

You ult when your team can take advantage of the chaos that your ult causes. If you are having problems surviving while ulting, buy a Zhonya's Hourglass and use its active.

Kirielis 05-17-2012 09:38 PM

Kenny is super fun. Press R when the fight has started, after the opponents have blown CC on everyone-but-you, run into them. E when you're passing through (not just to get close, but to actually pass through people.) W about 0.5-1 second after you've gotten R onto the enemy team, which will hit everyone with an extra mark. Throw Q whenever possible at whoever, though if you can actually manage to get a carry with it, good for you! Note that you can use skills in cocaine ball mode, just not autoattacks. After you're out of cocaine ball mode, autoattack as well, but get out of the fight - everything else you can do is at decent range and you're squishy. Fight should be over anyway.

The whole point is to cause chaos and mass panic, along with teamwide stunlocking. At any given point in the fight, at least one and up to 5 of them will be stunned. You've done your job.

Do not:
- Cocaine ball into a fight unless you need it to get close enough. Your E is better saved for causing actual damage. Use Flash and/or Ghost instead.
- Initiate fights without Hourglass available. You're squishy. As much as R is a brilliant initiate, that also only works after you've got Hourglass and know to use it.

Q is also a decent farming tool from distance, and after revolver/wota you can use it for self heal. It's pretty significant.

Read Ego Ignaxio's guide. This is the best tip that anyone can ever give you. And you're making me want to play Kennen now.

TwistWrist 05-17-2012 09:47 PM

You don't save E for actual damage. Because it does little to no damage since it is maxed last in pretty much all situations. The main difference is that it applies Mark of the Storm. The more marks that you can apply, the better.

JxC 05-17-2012 10:30 PM

i use to play kennen every game. i dont play him much anymore because everyone wants mid/top and hes become too popular for my taste.
your Q can be used to poke and last hit minions.
your W is an awesome harass tool since every couple of auto attacks you get to apply a mark then W.
E is your escape mechanism and initiations. Remember you can not autoattack while you're in E.

The basis of laning phase is farming (get use to his autoattack animation, its kinda weird and you will cancel it out if you click too fast). use Q to farm/harass and W to farm and harass. Do not spam your E since it takes a lot of energy. After you hit 6, you can probably kill the opponent with a flash R if they're 70% hp or lower. Flash into them, R then W and try to apply as many marks onto them as you can to chain stun.
In team fights, do NOT initiate unless you have a zhonyas at least, even then its still not a great idea. Kennen is still quite squishy. wait for someone else to initiate and use your E + R into Ws and Qs.

Ryios 01-19-2013 11:54 AM

Get a zhonya's and make sure amumu's on your team, the two of you synergize really really well. Amumu Initiates with his grab and his ult and zhonya's while you e and w everyone during amumu's ult then pop your ult and hit your zhonya's. They will be taking a ton of dmg in that 4 second window and the rest of your team can take everyone out.

Malphite is another good one to have on your team. Me (kennen) and malphite got tower dived once and I e-w ulted all of them with zhonya's, they stayed around and killed me after zhonya's under our tower then malphite ulted and wiped out all of them in one shot it was pretty funny.

Kennen is great, but you shouldn't pick him if your team lacks tanks, cc, or initiators or if your team is all magic, theres another ninja on the team, or just squishy in general.

One thing to keep in mind is your stacked passive. When that passive is stacked I open myself up a bit and try to get someone to come in range of my q with no minions in the way, q -> w -> aa and their stunned, get an aa or 2 in for the harass and use your e to get away.

Sacrificial Gods 05-17-2013 05:40 PM

Kennen is the best character in the game when it comes to ganks, chasing down low hp enemies, and initiating team fights with stunning the entire team.

Nippy The Swift 08-24-2013 10:41 AM

I've been playing kennen as mid-lane for a while now and here are some tips. :D
Since kennens an energy consumer, don't be afraid to spam your Q. Your energy will replenish before your shiruken cools down. So harass your enemy until there at about 1/2-3/4 health. By lv 2 you should also be harassing with your W. When they're about 1/2 health you can engage with your E hit your Q then stun them with your W. Kennen is a very good late-gamer with his ult and after you have about 400 AP you can pwn on champions. :D

JungHai0 08-24-2013 09:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJagsh-Iu9k

This guy makes really good guides.

PinkPwnguin 02-26-2014 01:52 PM

Yeah. I have been playing since July and I bought kennen about 2 months ago. I don't know what lane to put him in or how to get kills. He is squishy and he needs a great build in order to be a true menace.