League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Help Needed] Defeating Stealthers/Teleporters (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=21286)

Trenyt 10-27-2009 04:40 PM

[Help Needed] Defeating Stealthers/Teleporters

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the game but I've come to realise that one thing in the game really gets my goat and thats stealthers, and teleporters. The guys who you nearly kill and who vanish into thin air only to turn around and pull off some insane critical, fast hitting attack that completely wipes the floor with you. Nothing is worse then nearly defeating someone then coming up against their attack which seems to make you look like a right plum in comparison.

But rather then complain, and call hax, nerf and whatever the other young immature terminolgies are I would like to find a way to counter these stealthy characters and hunt them myself.

I have been playing a lot of taric and have been dabbling as support and as a tank and it doesnt matter how much armor I gather they still chomp me. I find that whatever I do Im just chowder to them after a few levels and they start getting their ultimates, attack speed and lifesteal equipment.

Im open to suggestions about what class to play to be a good hunter of these characters however I would prefer not to play the characters that they do to accomplish it (unless its absolutely necessary) so I'm asking all you more experienced players for advice.

It may be 'bitter' of me to focus on defeating a certain type of character, and yes i have been mildly aggravated by the constant floor wiping ive had at their hands, but I've also foudn that a decent enough played teleporter/stealther can really turn the tide of a fight so 'putting a spanner in their works' would not only benefit me but my team as well.

Anyway all constructive help greatfully received!

Regards,

Trenyt

SG GodFlow 10-27-2009 04:52 PM

Play Rammus, he's a pro tank with his buff.

Dense Illusion 10-27-2009 04:53 PM

you can buy: oracle's elixir & wards to see stealthed units

summoner spells: clairvoyance (improved) still sees stealthed units unless im mistaken (not recommended)

characters: corki has an ability that destealths units or at least allows you to see them

counter to eve: stack magic resist

counter to twitch: stack armor?

counter to shaco: stun/silence/gank him; he can escape very easily so if it is 1v1 I would just leave...or call for help

SmecssRaege 10-27-2009 04:53 PM

stealthers:
175 gold Vision ward, 3 minute area of effect sight seeing
450 gold Oracle potion, lasts until death, see's invis in a decent AoE around yourself

Teleport:
there is no hard counter to this.... so it's basically just going to be reliant on your team makeup

to stop these, we need what i call the 3 S' of Success! (get it.. 3 S in success?... i maked a pun...and i just made that phrase up now C_C)

Stun = can't act no teleport
Silence = can't cast but can still move
Slow = can still teleport, but you can try and make the distance up if you can (combined with silence creates a bit of a stun except they can still autoattack)

Vindico Atrum 10-27-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dense Illusion (Hozzászólás 234194)
you can buy: oracle's elixir & wards to see stealthed units

summoner spells: clairvoyance (improved) still sees stealthed units unless im mistaken (not recommended)

characters: corki has an ability that destealths units or at least allows you to see them

counter to eve: stack magic resist

counter to twitch: stack armor?

counter to shaco: stun/silence/gank him; he can escape very easily so if it is 1v1 I would just leave...or call for help

Twitch with 2 bloodrazors and Last whisper. *****! :P

Bait 10-27-2009 11:57 PM

i think the problem you are having is due to getting armor/magic resist before hp. go for health items first. rod of ages/aegis of the legion are good examples.