League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Darius is going to be the most generic champion EVER (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2127198)

Shaella 05-16-2012 11:15 PM

Darius is going to be the most generic champion EVER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Generic grimdark guy in big armor? Check
Generic backstory? Check
Generic name? Check
Generic weapon? Check
Generic tanky DPS skillset? (we all know he'll have one) Check
Adds absolutely nothing to the game? Check

Why is this champion being made? What sort of paradigm will he fill that isn't filled already? Black knight? We've got TONS of them via skins and even otherwise, Morde and Hecarim, Dreadknight skins.

He's not even interesting from a lore standpoint as part of the black rose, he's just a generic black knight type character

Why can't we experiment with concepts that -haven't- been put in this game yet, like a witch that uses curses, someone who primarily uses magnetism, or hell, a mage that uses earth spells, how about some sort of female monster (last one we got was cassi). Or how about another elemental type creature from Anivia's plane.

Or heck, how about one of the many lore tie in characters, like Kassadin's daughter.

Just random ideas here, but any of them is more interesting than Darius, the generic black knight guy.

EDIT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeeksNaman (Hozzászólás 24362335)
Abilities:

  • Hemorrhage (Passive): Darius's attacks strike crucial arteries in his enemies, causing them to bleed. This effect stacks up to five times.
  • Decimate: Darius swings his axe in a lethal circle. Enemies struck by its blade take more damage than those struck by its shaft.
  • Crippling Strike: Darius's next attack strikes a crucial artery. As they bleed out, their movement and attack speed is slowed. This abiliity's cooldown is lower the more bloodied its target.
  • Apprehend: Darius hones his axe, granting him passive armor penetration. When activated, Darius sweeps up his enemies with his axe's hook and pulls them to him.
  • Noxian Guillotine (Ultimate): Darius leaps to his target and strikes a lethal blow, dealing true damage. This damage is increased for each stack of Hemorrhage on the target.

Attachment 443646

GG NO RE

Wabbitseason 05-16-2012 11:16 PM

I like him...

Bacon Overflow 05-16-2012 11:16 PM

I think Darius should do his signature on you.

PrincessDerpy 05-16-2012 11:18 PM

If you can name it, it's been done before and there's a generic version of it out there somewhere.

Hexer 05-16-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaella (Hozzászólás 24343261)
Generic grimdark guy in big armor? Check
Generic backstory? Check
Generic name? Check
Generic weapon? Check
Generic tanky DPS skillset? (we all know he'll have one) Check
Adds absolutely nothing to the game? Check

Why is this champion being made? What sort of paradigm will he fill that isn't filled already? Black knight? We've got TONS of them via skins and even otherwise, Morde and Hecarim, Dreadknight skins.

He's not even interesting from a lore standpoint as part of the black rose, he's just a generic black knight type character

Why can't we experiment with concepts that -haven't- been put in this game yet, like a witch that uses curses, someone who primarily uses magnetism, or hell, a mage that uses earth spells, how about some sort of female monster (last one we got was cassi). Or how about another elemental type creature from Anivia's plane.

Or heck, how about one of the many lore tie in characters, like Kassadin's daughter.

Just random ideas here, but any of them is more interesting than Darius, the generic black knight guy.

I'm perfectly fine with the way he is. Oh, and Morello already said that Darius is an AD caster.

Shaella 05-16-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerivalara (Hozzászólás 24343315)
If you can name it, it's been done before and there's a generic version of it out there somewhere.

I dunno, i think Cryopheonix was a concept that hasn't been done too often, how about some sort of void thing that looks like a BEE, that'd be cool

Insanity Cow 05-16-2012 11:19 PM

I think we need another cow champion

I vote for Mad Cow

Shaella 05-16-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevchenko (Hozzászólás 24343346)
I'm perfectly fine with the way he is. Oh, and Morello already said that Darius is an AD caster.

Thats code for tanky dps

Kyrrion 05-16-2012 11:20 PM

AD caster is considered general tanky dps kit now?

Shaella 05-16-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyrrion (Hozzászólás 24343372)
AD caster is considered general tanky dps kit now?

Renekton


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:56 AM.


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc