League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Map Views /w Locked/Unlocked Camera (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2125590)

akaTrae 05-16-2012 11:34 AM

Map Views /w Locked/Unlocked Camera

To get straight to the point, if you play locked camera like I do, you're at a huge disadvantage starting on the top of the map. With the angle of view that the playing field has, if you are on bottom, you can see much further than on top.

An example: I'm playing Vayne bottom vs. Caitlyn. Yes Caitlyn already has a very long range, but with the 1168x780 screen size setting, she shoots me off screen. Why is that even possible?

The maps need to have the same angle of view no matter which side you start on for fairness.

And no, I don't want to have to scroll, I'm not a fan.

Digressed 05-16-2012 12:44 PM

Easy fix. Learn to play unlocked. Every good player learns to why should they have to fix it for lazy people? On top of the wider range of view with unlocked you can view anything on the map at all times.

Learn to play unlocked or deal with what riot decided to do with the map.

akaTrae 05-16-2012 04:53 PM

First, it has nothing to do with being lazy. I do unlock the map to look around, but when I can leave it locked on one side of the map, and then be totally disadvantaged on the other side because of forced scrolling, there's a problem. Balance is the key.

Micr0 Jacks0n 05-16-2012 04:58 PM

Locked camera is the same thing as training wheels. If you want to improve you'll eventually get used to not having it on at all.

akaTrae 05-16-2012 09:29 PM

You guys are missing the point. If I wanted to, of course I could eventually get comfortable with scrolling, it's not that hard to. Map imbalance from camera angles is the issue. Why would it be so hard for both sides to have the same view?

KROTANK 05-16-2012 10:03 PM

I agree with OP. Yeah, everyone's gonna start a flame war, "hurr unlocked is for skilled players stop being lazy" but it seems like an incredibly simple game mechanic that should be an option.

Riot doesn't even have to switch the screen orientation - all they really need to do is allow the HUD to be flipped, and then both teams have a fair view of the screen.

Flipping the HUD/switching the orientation, whatever, it's not something we complain about because we're lazy, we complain about it because it'd make our lives easier. Unlocked is clunky at best, and even then it's not as if one would play the entire game unlocked. Unlock is used to get a better view for the situations that call for it, but it certainly isn't a viable option for the problem. At least, not as much of a viable option as changing the orientation.

Slashinghardest 05-17-2012 06:11 AM

Why not make a comment on a thread exactly like this that already exists? the tuxtures that you do not see because of camera angle are deleted ao low end computers can run LoL better. No they should not add them back in because some people can't play with a unlocked screen because it would **** up a more players then help. If YOU want to inhibit your playing by locking your screen go for it. Stop *****ing about it.

Psytric 05-17-2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akaTrae (Hozzászólás 24325769)
if you play locked camera like I do, you're at a huge disadvantage

Yes, yes this is correct.

Axiom Prime 05-17-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psytric (Hozzászólás 24348020)
Yes, yes this is correct.

Well of course if they play like you do they'd be at a huge disadvantage, truth be told though, if you think that camera angles are really imba...you may need to reevaluate the reasons you are playing this game.

But please go into further detail about what exactly is putting you at such a disadvantage involving the cameras.

Lanolaven 05-17-2012 10:45 AM

i had no clue people played with locked screens.