League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Blitz: Great early game... now what? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=212535)

5h4p3 08-17-2010 08:37 PM

Blitz: Great early game... now what?

So, it's happened a fair amount in my last several games, I get a great start with blitz (5-1-3+ or the like), my grabs are on fire and I'm handing out Skynet style punishment with the help of my tower... and now the question is, how do I change my build to take advantage of the early surge.

My typical build is: Sheen, Swiftness/Merc Treads, Aegis and then continue building tank-ish depending on the other teams strong players. (possibly with a damage item later to assist tower smashing). This works well and it's pretty flexible.

But I feel like I'm not really making the best use of the hand I was dealt when I'm doing well. If I'm face-smashing, do I really need to play flexible/defensive? I feel like I lose some momentum here, but I'm not really sure of a good build to jumpshift into...

Where do I go from here?

EDIT: btw, in case it matters, which I spose it does,

Runes:
Glyphs: CDR
Seals: Mp5
Marks: Magic Pen
Quints: Magic Pen

Summoner Spells: Flash and Clarity

Masteries 9-16-0

yellowfrog 08-17-2010 09:05 PM

Initiate teamfights.

When the lanes are clear of creep and everyone is just poking, grab someone and start something.

HIde behind trees and pull.

5h4p3 08-17-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowfrog (Hozzászólás 2470208)
Initiate teamfights.

When the lanes are clear of creep and everyone is just poking, grab someone and start something.

HIde behind trees and pull.

I'm talking item build, not initiating strategy... I'm pretty okay at those things, but if I have a significant gold advantage, should I start rushing AP instead?

TFFoS 08-17-2010 09:19 PM

Not particularly. Being able to carry your team through a fight through disables and tanking is just as good as killing the enemy yourself. I haven't played Blitz since they gave his ult a silence again, but I used to get triforce and a good CDR item along with tanky items.

5h4p3 08-17-2010 09:26 PM

Yeah, that's a lot of what I've been doing, Soul Shroud and then pickup the triforce, and I totally appreciate carrying a team without having to be the killer. But my logic here is,

"Okay, I'm way ahead of the curve on my items already, they really can't do much to me in the way of damage, if I keep going tanking items, my ult is going to get steadily less useful as the game progresses (and I do love me some flash bomb), it doesn't hurt my damage mitigation right now to splash for a little AP does it?"

Nethervoid 08-17-2010 09:31 PM

Abyssal if u want some AP.

Rylais is a good option as well

5h4p3 08-17-2010 09:54 PM

Abyssal sounds good, I'll try it out

NinetyNineTails 08-17-2010 10:47 PM

I only just started playing Blitz, but I really like Rod of Ages on him. It's got a ton of HP, a lot of mana to buff his passive, and the AP splash that one likes to have. But I prefer to play tank/disable Blitz as opposed to the Sheen-based Punch Them In The Face Blitz.

IceDive 08-18-2010 12:08 AM

the problems seems to me that you treat blitz as a tank, while he isn't. He has a great initiating skill, but apart from his shield, nothing that helps his survivabillity. You should look at him as a initiating tanky dps. try building:
Sheen
Boots
Glacial Shroud
Trinity Force
Frozen heart

Corpsestomp 08-18-2010 12:16 AM

Rylai's and possibly a damage item for hefty punches + tower busting?