League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Does anyone remember Draythe Darkwill? Keiran's elder brother? From the JoJ? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2124996)

IS13ff69c642974b3ec23a7 05-16-2012 01:30 AM

Does anyone remember Draythe Darkwill? Keiran's elder brother? From the JoJ?

Who is Draythe Darkwill? Boram Darkwill had two sons, and Keiran is the younger. Draythe is his older brother, and yes he was mentioned ONCE in the JoJ.

From Issue 25, right after the Kalamanda incident:

Quote:

“It is only right that the seat of the Grand General remains with the Darkwill line.” Darkwill’s eldest son, Draythe, has yet to address the public following his father’s death.
After being mentioned this one and only time, Draythe's basically dropped off from the face of Runeterra.

I'm just wondering if he was semi-retconned into Darius now. Not just because they have the same first letter in their names, but because it makes sense. Darius is mentioned to have a popular following that rivals Keiran - if he was Draythe it make sense as the elder brother he would have a strong claim for Boram's old position, if not stronger than Keiran.

If he hasn't been swept under the rug, then I wonder if Draythe is ever going to reappear. Certainly Riot's not trying to make people know his name like how they mention Keiran Darkwill much more.

Riot might be planning something more that involved Draythe, but since he's never been mentioned once ever since the first time, I doubt it.

Might as well clean up loose ends and roll Darius-Draythe into one character. Retcon something if they have to, even make Darius = Draythe and decide on which name.

Either way, Draythe seems like a loose end worth resolving. His character seems important enough but since they're not using him, he'll always linger with people mentioning "WTF happened to Keiran's elder brother anyway?" Really, retcon Draythe into Darius might just do the job and at least, makes Darius also not seem like he came out of nowhere.

I do think Draythe sounds like a cooler name than Darius though.

Edit: Got a response from RiotRunaan to my question in another thread!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotRunaan (Hozzászólás 24526620)
To be honest, we put Draythe in that story as a small seed for a possible future story that didn't pan out. For that particular line, it's only to show that Draythe doesn't seem interested in the Grand General's title. Right now, we don't have any plans for him, but we didn't forget he existed.

Nice! Very cool, and apparently a vengeance plot wasn't meant for Draythe's story, so I'm really interested to see how he comes back in the future storylines!

Birdy51 05-16-2012 02:59 AM

Heh, seems every family has that forgotten brother. I think he may have just been forgotten among the scheme of things, or he could be that dark horse of the family who doesn't want power.

But, you could also be right. Darius could be his replacement of sorts. It would certainly make sense.

This is really all up in the air.

Fenix12345 05-16-2012 03:10 AM

Katarina and Cassiopia are thought to have more sister(s) and they aren't mentioned. I doubt that Draythe will be again.

Panzerjaeger 05-16-2012 03:39 PM

Darius and Draythe are both mentioned in the JoJ. Darius is Keiran's opponent in succeeding Boram, Draythe is Keiran's brother

Wiseman Silo 05-18-2012 09:13 PM

I'd just like to mention that in Darius' story it mentions him being oprhaned at an early age with his younger brother.

I do remember the name Darius though at some point prior to his anouncement I just can't remember where. I'm fairly certin it was in an article about the noxus generals though.

Mutterscrawl 05-21-2012 02:14 PM

Well with Keiran dead Draythe's our last hope for another Darkwill to show any idea of what the dad was like in battle.

I'm kind of hoping he challenges Swain trying to gather noxian expatriates like Riven and Sivir.

Dracorya 05-21-2012 08:34 PM

Sounds more like Draythe has withdrawn himself from the whole thing. He might not want to be involved at all.

Eredaar 05-21-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl (Hozzászólás 24465138)
]
I'm kind of hoping he challenges Swain trying to gather noxian expatriates like Riven and Sivir.

Sivir is a mercenary, if Noxus started giving her cntracts again she wouldn't care what happened before lol

EddyEduardo 05-22-2012 01:54 AM

Bump for Draythe

Birdy51 05-22-2012 04:05 AM

Think his brother's death might give the elder son of Darkwill to action. If he didn't want power before, he would certainly want revenge now after his brother's beheading!