League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Mia Calls? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2117523)

Markoyz 05-13-2012 08:42 AM

Mia Calls?

So...

I've noticed that some people call MIA's and some don't...

Whats everyone's final verdict on this matter?

call mias?
Or don't call mias?

This is for a non ranked pvp 5v5 game.

FrZnWaters 05-13-2012 09:10 AM

From my point of view, I see it like this. In a perfect world, everyone on your team would have full map awareness, never fall for ganks, and CS like a boss. Sadly however, we don't live in such a world. People will die to obvious ganks, run off by themselves at crucial times, and trolololololol all the way home. The team that wins will most likely be the team that tries to reach communicate with each other more. You que up in a normal, you're putting yourself at the mercy of the intelligence of the people around you. I say, make it as easy as possible on them. Call MIAS. Place a ward or two for them so they can see the ganks coming. If you don't feel like baby sitting, I'd suggest getting four friends who want to que up for normals/ranked with you, 'cause otherwise you best get use to people *****ing about you not calling mias.
Just my two cents on the matter.

KnightxSScarlett 05-13-2012 11:41 AM

Calling mias is a courtesy, but someone not calling mia is not an excuse for you to die in mid because you were pushing like Nunu bot. If you don't look at the lower right for the minimap, what makes you think you'll look at the lower left for the chat?

- Mageinta Warrior

Haen 05-13-2012 12:23 PM

Basically whats been said. If you die to a gank, don't blame your teammate with a wtf, no mia? Because map awareness is your job as well. You can see everything I can. But that being said, nobody is perfect and helping your team have map awareness only benefits you in the long run.

FF Leviathan 05-13-2012 12:56 PM

should u be careful every time the mid backs off a little to not push tho? Mids tend to chill back and disappear from time to time. if the time is longer than normal, u should call mia. It's not hard.

WIMAAC 05-13-2012 04:55 PM

I personally think calling Mia's pretty important. Knowing where all the other enemies are makes me a lot more comfortable when I'm pushing or laning

itsDozier 05-13-2012 06:03 PM

Like somebody else said, MIAs are courtesy, but not a requirement. If you want to be a good player then you need to have map awareness. Although MIAs are great, you should always be on your toes. Even with somebody calling MIAs, it still does not tell the whole story. DId they back to heal/shop? Do you think they will gank? Either way, map awareness is necessary. There is nothing more I hate than somebody blaming YOU for dying because an MIA call was missed. Is it your fault they are a ****ter and cannot see the minimap and play accordingly? Absolutely not. Could it have been avoided if you called MIA? Maybe, but maybe not. Hell, if they cant see the minimap, then they probably don't see the chat.

TL;DR - MIAs are not your "job" but may help the team overall. But it is not enough to blame somebody for a death because they couldn't get out an MIA.

Sephrinx 05-13-2012 06:08 PM

It's part of the game to ward and call mias.
Those who don't aren't playing properly.

MikeyN 05-13-2012 06:20 PM

MIA is definitely more than a courtesy...

How is this even a question?

Ze Robster 05-13-2012 06:38 PM

You would think if they can look at the chat they would be able to look at the map.

Actual conversation in game:

Teammate: You should be calling mia.
Me: You should be checking the map.
Teammate: I can't when I'm fighting the other team.
Me: So you're able to read the chat but you can't glance at the map?
Teammate: Yes.

This made me facepalm.