League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Alistar - The Best Champion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=210825)

Fenom 08-16-2010 07:32 AM

Alistar - The Best Champion

We'll, I have been playing Alistar this past week and honestly I must say he is possibly the best champion out-there. First let's start with runes.

Runes = Attack Speed..honestly this is all you need for alistar to become stronger and a great farmer early game.

Masteries = I like to go with the 30/0/0 because I want to farm early game, and do alot of damage so this is what I go with.

Spells =
E -> Q -> E -> Q -> E -> R -> E -> Q -> E -> Q -> W -> Q - > W -> W -> W -> W -> R -> R

Starting off alistar I usually start off with this build.
Dagger + Health Pot

With the dagger I usually get around 1.0 attack speed which leaves me to be the fastest player around.

Laning Phase - I usually like to lane aggressively because I can heal myself while farming extensively. So while I'm farming hardcore, I don't harass because as I have limited amount of mana and I can't do alot of damage yet I just focus on the minions.

After I get level 6-9 I blue-pill back and I build the following.
Dagger - > Berserker Grieves
Zeal
Pickaxe

after I buy the following I go to the blue golem and get the blue buff..and after that I usually try and gank top. I go top because zeal + boots give me great movement speed and the enemy can't get away. Since alistar is a total carry..I make sure to last hit the opponents giving me more money because I need to get money fast so I can build a strong alistar. After ganking top and if it's successful push their tower and break it then go look for some other ganks.

When im level 13-15 I blue-pill back and build the following
Pickaxe -> Infinity Edge
and if you have left over money build up a madreds by buying a pickaxe.

Once you get level 18 and yo hopefully will sometime in the game..blue pill back and by the madreds bloodrazor after you get that your ready for your life-long mission. This is the reason you even followed this guide. Your now going to go to baron and solo it make sure to heal yourself and ult when necessary...also use ignite on baron because believe it or not it's really effective.

I hope you guy's learned how to play alistar!

TrixThebrit 08-16-2010 07:36 AM

5/10.

Slide 08-16-2010 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenom (Hozzászólás 2447737)
Since alistar is a total carry

False.

Alistar is not a carry.

Alistar is a tank.

You can tell because his damage output does not scale well with the game. He does mediocre damage at all points. He has no steroid skill and he is the worst farmer in the entire game. He also has no abilities that scale off attack damage. Giving him a bunch of attack speed will help, but it certainly doesnt bring him anywhere NEAR carry status.

A real carry will eat through you in 2 seconds flat and you are gimping your team severely by not tanking with Alistar.

Even as a tank hes sub par. He was hit with far too many nerfs.

In any case, I disagree with your guide. It may work at extremely low rankings but when playing against decent competition this would fail horribly.

Yes, Ive tried attack speed alistar. The only time it was viable was for the 2 weeks before season one when he had a bugged base attack speed of 0.725. It worked very well at that point as he could wreck an entire tower in the length of his ult. He still wasnt a carry though. even with the bugged attack speed (he had the highest natural attack speed in the game).

Anyways, nice try.

EDIT: Checked your profile. You must have been playing on a smurf account as you dont have a recent match with Alistar and it goes back to the first of august.

You shouldnt write guides based on smurfing. I can wreck low ELO games with AD Soraka. Doesnt make it a good build though.

Fenom 08-16-2010 07:48 AM

alistar is an obvious carry...please uninstall LoL noob

Slide 08-16-2010 07:50 AM

Hmmm must be a troll guide.

I challlenge you. What makes Alistar an obvious carry? The fact the he has absolutely NOTHING that makes a champion a carry?

Fenom 08-16-2010 07:53 AM

well if you must ask...alistar can stun/heal himself/headbutt and he can also benchpress 1000lbs on a daily basis end of story..only post if your gonna post something productive please quickslide...kthx

costas84 08-16-2010 08:00 AM

I just viewed your LoL match history and in almost all games you either Feeded or left, please make a guide after you get expirienced with a champion, posting this guide will lead people to the false direction.

Booty Colin 08-16-2010 08:02 AM

the joke went over someone's head, i think...

TLtitan 08-16-2010 08:04 AM

stopped reading after dagger start

bawchicawawa 08-16-2010 08:14 AM

You're funny AND original.