League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Riot, and their non-existant filters (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2099805)

BlindingRain 05-07-2012 11:35 AM

Riot, and their non-existant filters

This is the second time my main account has received an EXTENSIVE 2 week 'ban'. I wouldn't care so much if I didn't spend hours farming ELO on it, put money into the account, or even spent time teaching others how to play on it. You can say I am toxic to the community but 99% of the time I am helpful and will play with anyone, regardless of their 'elo situation'.

Last night on my main account I had 3 games in a row (after a 15 win streak mind you) that I just could not carry myself out of. In the games, one of which a 7/0 mid cassiopeia, I asked the <guy> if running into a group of 5 while he is solo the best choice he could've made. The team ensisted I was a 'toxic' part of the community and must be reported. I am not sure why the other 3 people took his side for throwing the game, but this ensured I got those 3 reports. I followed up their insults with, "Does your right arm hurt." and then said "It must.. from THROWING!!! OOOHH". Bam, I get banned for 2 weeks.

I don't exploit the lanuage filter, I don't do anything worse then the guy next to me.... This is just ridiclious. It feels like this community, other then the pros of course, are 12 year old kids who whine, cry, and report you (mommy mommy) when you played better and thats the only way they can "Get back at you because you were actually in the right." In addition to the "mommy mommy" report, the user in the tribunal does not see that this guy is 0/12 and went AD runes with long sword build on Soraka....

You implement a language filter that CANNOT be turned off in game, and then get mad if someone says "HOLY S". Come on Riot, this is getting tiring and you're about to lose another player....

With D3, GW2, etc coming out... why would you lose fans/players because they cursed? $400 or someone saying WOW DUDE SHT.

BlindingRain 05-07-2012 11:54 AM

Disregard, downloaded HoN. Enjoy

itsDozier 05-07-2012 02:12 PM

I always giggle when people threaten to leave a game over something so silly. 1) This could have been avoided. 2) Riot doesn't owe you anything. 3) The Tribunal system works. 4) You are 1 in millions of players, come down off of your high horse. And finally, 5) Being a long time HoN player myself, you'll likely uninstall within 3 games on a free-to-play account. If you thought trolls were bad in LoL...

BlindingRain 05-08-2012 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsDozier (Hozzászólás 24046238)
I always giggle when people threaten to leave a game over something so silly. 1) This could have been avoided. 2) Riot doesn't owe you anything. 3) The Tribunal system works. 4) You are 1 in millions of players, come down off of your high horse. And finally, 5) Being a long time HoN player myself, you'll likely uninstall within 3 games on a free-to-play account. If you thought trolls were bad in LoL...

1) Hard to be avoided when constantly trolled, harassed, or have games thrown when you are actually trying.

2) Riot doesn't owe me anything but should be more understanding in regards to the punishment when there are other factors involved. IE: Guy in same game is cussing, throwing, and buying AD items on Sona.

3) The tribunal system works but does not accurately include information such as how poor my team did.

4) I am not on a high horse, I just do not think a 2 week ban to a paying customer is accurate when the three games I get reported in I had the best stats, even losing!

5) I have a Legacy beta account so I can play verified. I prefer the VOIP in game and you do not get banned for saying "Wow dude, that was the best decision you couldve made?"

Quick Rawr 05-08-2012 05:41 AM

You're right, that comment really helped bring your team together and strengthen your ability to work together. The sarcasm really made him want to try harder.

Wylade 05-08-2012 05:58 AM

Sounds like your a jerk, and deserved the ban. Also, it really doesn't matter how good you did, we could care less. It just makes you more unlikable. "But I was carrying the team! I was the only good one in the game!" It makes you sound like you have 0 clue what's going on and how things work.

BlindingRain 05-08-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylade (Hozzászólás 24073154)
Sounds like your a jerk, and deserved the ban. Also, it really doesn't matter how good you did, we could care less. It just makes you more unlikable. "But I was carrying the team! I was the only good one in the game!" It makes you sound like you have 0 clue what's going on and how things work.

I understand that it takes 4 other plays, and my self to win a game. I am not saying I am the best ever, obviously not. I am no pro by any means but when someone runs into a 1v5 at 45 minutes in or even gets long sword on Soraka (as stated earlier) I have a tendency to wonder the level of intelligence of my team mate (who got a longsword) really has.

Here is the story of the game that got me banned, call me an ******* but I am sure you would rage too:

In this story I am Cassiop:
Cassiop mid, currently 3/0 with double CS in game.
My bottom feeds double kill to AD carry: No problem, ive done it too - mistakes happen right?
Cassiop goes bot to mop up the mistakes my AD carry made.
Cassiop gets double kill
As Cassiop is like, phew we're ok. Top dies...
Cassiop goes back and buys 2/3 of rylai's, great start.
11 minutes in, 105 cs and 5/0, this is ok.
Before I could even make it back to my lane, top dies again. Now I am wondering, how did he get back so fast and then die instantly? OH I see, he teleported onto a minion under their tower? Wait.. what? Eh ignore it, go mid keep farming.
Bot AD double killed again. Ok..... this is fun
Cassiop goes to mop bot again, yep. 7/0
15 minutes in, top dies again. Muted him just to ensure I would not do/say/hear something that would set me off.
20 minutes in 9/0 (killed my mid twice) now I am at 178 cs vs his 70.
Bot dies again, twice.
Cassiop goes bot gets two more 11/0.
Decides to go back mid, gets another kill before going back.
Our bot issues a surrender vote, they are duo, both say YES. Top says, yeah I fed my lane, YES. I say "Really? Can you give me a chance to just carry this?"
Team: "report cassiopeia, toxic a**hole". I am like, "Ok, holy sh**"

If you can handle that situation without getting pissed off, koodos to you., But when 4 people surrender and you do 12/0 with 175 Cs @ 20 mins... Yeah buddy.....

Mjd24 05-08-2012 06:22 AM

No one who has ever been to the tribunal section before believes you.
You have obviously done other things and no one cares how much you deny it.
You will either get Pendragon'd and then everyone will point and laugh and you and have a better day, or this stupid thread will be on the 10th page by this time next week.

Boring, I've seen this thread before and it's boring.

BlindingRain 05-08-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjd24 (Hozzászólás 24073613)
No one who has ever been to the tribunal section before believes you.
You have obviously done other things and no one cares how much you deny it.
You will either get Pendragon'd and then everyone will point and laugh and you and have a better day, or this stupid thread will be on the 10th page by this time next week.

Boring, I've seen this thread before and it's boring.

Lol ive done the tribunal and I can tell you that some times people only get reported in ONE game. I can also tell you that they dont see the items or stats of the other team mates.

BlindingRain 05-08-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylade (Hozzászólás 24073154)

BTW - Some of the 'pros' that are on youtube, or that stream cuss... A LOT. Not only over their headset by in game. I've seen one who says "Holy S" and "M Fer" every other line. Do the 1950+ players get a clearance on suspensions since they make riot money? I guess so.