League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   AD Malz, help. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2089827)

Hawkwìng 05-04-2012 12:30 AM

AD Malz, help.

Hello, im new to malz as of today. I bought him to play AD bot lane.

My first game went well, I dominated my bot lane, beat Jax 1v1 repeatedly (makes me proud), and went 14-11-9. Seeing as my Yorick is the only other champ i have played that beats jax 1v1, i think AD malz is a keeper.

I am a very competent bot player, and I do fairly well with any bot champion.

But i have lots of question to ask the community, and the search option on the forums seems unhelpful today.

What stats specifically transfer over to my minions? I am under the impression its AD only, but somebody in my last game said ArmPen also. Is this true? I changed my armpen runes for flat AD runes, im thinking i did the wrong thing now :( at least i didn't spend any IP on the marks. Then i have flat armor seals and MR per lvl glyphs.

I decided to play tanky flat AD malz. No crit, no on hit, no AS. Just HP, AD, Armor and MR.

Im taking 12-15-3 masteries. Up to AD per lvl in offensive, CDR per lvl in defensive, and then i take mana per lvl in utility tree.

My build im using is as follows.

Start
Boots t1+tear
rush manumane
tenacity boots
Glacial Shroud (CDR very very important)
Depending on what im fighting ill finnish it into a frozen heart, oooor negatron cloak next.
Then hexdrinker
then finnish hexdrinker
then phage
finnish odens veil
finnish frozen mallet and heart if its not complete

so thats

Tenacity boots.
manumane
frozen mallet
frozen heart
maw of malmortis
odens veil

finishing with
~300 AD
~200 armor
~3000 HP
~170 MR

Yes?
No?

hows my build/runes/masteries?

Glorious Bird 05-04-2012 12:44 AM

Voidlings do indeed benefit from armor penetration, but in the overall scheme of doing damage AD is going to be more beneficial in Dominion so it's not worth runing IMO.

Build seems well off enough. Adding Brutalizer really depends on your masteries/runs.

For runes I would go AD per, flat armor, MR per/CDR with MS Quints.

For masteries 23/7 is great for Malz given he can benefit from the AD and the CDR/AP. 9/21 or variations of a few points to Offense is also okay if you'd prefer getting most your CDR from mastery/runes.

I can't see any reasoning in getting the utility tree points. Even with Manamune you're getting less damage than you would with deeper Offense - and not just percentage wise, but flat AD. And since you only got 12 in Offensive then you either missing out on some free AD, penetration, CDR, and/or Deadliness which is what? 9 free damage compared to utilities 4sh WITH manamune?

666shadow666 05-04-2012 12:49 AM

ive done good with runes, red ad, arm yellows, mr blues, and ms quins.
for build i go boots tear, then either rush glacial shroud or mune, followed by swift boots and fon stacks, this gives awesome speed for kites and sick health regain so you can lane forever

Hawkwìng 05-04-2012 12:55 AM

cool. good to know armpen works. ill change my masteries up abit to compensate for that. i just didnt know wat to do with those 3 points. so i put them in mana with the hope manumane could slightly benefit.

Ill put them into arpmen.

2nd game as malz 5-4-6. dominated bot again.

i can mark singed, urgot, and jax off of my list of champs that could ever counter me :)

Edit:

hmm nvm. i cant reach armpen and still keep my CDR from defensive tree. I really really want that CDR. puts me up to 32% CDR with my build. not max but close enuf to be comfortably pushing 2 minions out at all times.

I put those 3 points into movement speed.

put my armpen runes back in too. so i dont have to change my rune pages up for other champs i love to play.... like yorick...

FDru 05-04-2012 01:00 AM

You're thinking too hard.

Build manamune
Build tank items with mana (odyn's, FH)
Roll face on keyboard

Situational items: Maw, LW, Sanguine Blade, or whatever the f*** you want because AD Malz is f***ing broken.

As for ArPen vs AD, AD is for farming/pushing, ArPen is for killing.

Hawkwìng 05-04-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDru (Hozzszls 23932209)
You're thinking too hard.

Build manamune
Build tank items with mana (odyn's, FH)
Roll face on keyboard

Situational items: Maw, LW, Sanguine Blade, or whatever the f*** you want because AD Malz is f***ing broken.

As for ArPen vs AD, AD is for farming/pushing, ArPen is for killing.

lol. iv noticed.

but is he as OP as yorick bot?

FDru 05-04-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkwing99 (Hozzszls 23932385)
lol. iv noticed.

but is he as OP as yorick bot?

Yorick has counters. (but he makes up for it by being generally harder to gank)

Hawkwìng 05-04-2012 05:00 AM

6 wins 2 losses as tanky ad malz. not as good as the 6-1 that i did with yorick earlier today. but hey. iv never played malz b4!

Aparkhurst 05-04-2012 05:54 AM

You probably need both the ARpen and Mpen masteries from the offense tree.

If you are going to run AD runes, I highly recommend per level over flat.

Warrrrax 05-04-2012 06:21 AM

The key is DEFENSE whicha llows you to live long enuf to deal your damage from minions and spells.

Your build is quite good, though I would try to work in a bit more CDR. More CDR = more minions, plus more straight up damage thru spells, more available Ult, etc.

Brutalizer is a great item in that it is efficient, adds 10% CDR, and the armor penetration does help your minions, as does the AD of course. You might consider working it in.

Merc Treads are alright but they are really expensive for just the MR and you don't really need tenacity. You deal sustained damage thru your minions, so getting slowed/whatever really isn't that big of a deal. I would consider Ionic Boots instead.

If you are taking Frozen Heart anyways which is a great choice, consider Ionic Boots (and 4% CDR thru offense) to max out your CDR at 39%. OR, 9-21-0 will get you close with the 8.1% CDR from defense. 3-21-6 is workable too to get some AD, solid defense, extra mana and MS.
Dont forget the brutalizer is good if you really want the tenacity/MR.

You dont really need tons of AD to make the build work... you just need the solid defenses, so you are definitely on the right track.