League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   A way to get everyone to play draft. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2083743)

DG TheFeedski 05-02-2012 10:17 AM

A way to get everyone to play draft.

Hello everyone,

I have thought of an idea that may get more people in to draft. As it stands, a lot of people like draft more than blind, but don't play it because of the ridiculous queue times. So, how does it sound if you all say you will play draft if X amount of others say they will play as well? So if I got a list of like, 500 players, and your name was on it, would you say you would play as long as X amount of the others on the list say they would play draft?

urmamasllama 05-02-2012 10:19 AM

ill play it my whole team will play it

inFe eD 05-02-2012 10:22 AM

I'd play it if every draft game didn't involve 2 hours of sitting in queue and 1 hour of dodging.

Nekrogen 05-02-2012 10:23 AM

The reason why most people play blind is because the random players are plentiful. Sure we can get lots of teams to acknowledge draft and queue up there, but those who never read the forums will, by default, play blind, which is mostly why the people who DO read the forums play blind at the moment. Queue times are just shorter in blind period =/

Jewza 05-02-2012 10:26 AM

I would much prefer Draft to Blind. I was, however, quite beaten down by the process of queue time + draft time + dodge at the end of the draft. And obviously the smaller pool of players resulted in even worse matchmaking than we see in Blind.

Il Douchey 05-02-2012 10:27 AM

I would never play blind pick Dominion, if it weren't for the ridiculous combination of queue times and customary 3-4 dodges before a draft locks in. It can easily take 20-30 minutes to actually begin a game that will usually take less time to play. More people joining would help, but we also need a solution to the dodge problem. I don't know if we can provide an effective community based solution to that issue though, or if we're stuck waiting for them to implement dodge penalties in Dominion again.

Nyx87 05-02-2012 10:27 AM

you can definitely put me on that list.

However, the reason some people don't play draft is kinda silly when you think about it. Draft queue times are long because no one plays draft, and no one plays draft because queue times are long. Kind of self-defeating. I have wondered what would happen if Riot got rid of blind pick entirely, if that would help draft become more popular.

DD Tootulz 05-02-2012 10:43 AM

Viva Draft

Aparkhurst 05-02-2012 10:43 AM

And my malz

Rancor Rising 05-02-2012 10:59 AM

Personally I don't find draft anywhere near as fun, so it's a no from me.

In blind pick people play what they enjoy and the strongest champions can often go missing from both sides of the match, whereas in draft, I can guarantee that if you ban 6 of the 10 strongest champions, the other 4 will see play. Not my cup of tea.