League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Try support Volibear! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2065118)

TP5 Rafiki 04-26-2012 10:51 PM

Try support Volibear!

I won't argue that Volibear isn't a great solo, but I find him to be an extremely great support. I run movement quints, hp reds and blues and armor yellows, with a full defense under my mastery tree, including the extra movement. To add on to my craziness, I don't level my ult at 6! I feel the extra early levels on preferably e and secondly w really help out out locking in those kills on both the ad carry and support.

My build.

Doran's shield, movemnt 3 boots, heart of gold, force of nature, and if the game goes on long enough, I add on a warmogs and a spirit visage.

Don't forget to buy wards in between, but if you find your enemy team with lacking cc, you can ease up on the vision because of your ability to just slow a jungler then flip him away from your carry.

This barely fails me, and I'm anxious for another good voli to try it out for me.

Gute Nacht Ashe and Soraka!

P.S. Don't be surprised when you get 4 enemy champs at bot because you helped demolish bottom lanes early game.

Warrrrax 04-27-2012 08:21 AM

You really should attempt some aura items instead.

First of all, Dorans Shield is unacceptable...you need Faery/Wards/pots then upgrade to Philo Stone. Then HoG.
Without it your team is very very vulernable to getting ganked and any smart player will see "OMG he bought a SHIELD instead of wards" and gank the living **** out of you.
1 flip isn't necessarily going to always save you and your carry.

So after philo, hog, Id look at Aegis. NOT FoN which you pay too much for the regen. Aegis gives 40MR which is a lot, plus the armor, sharing, and health. Its great general purpose utility.

Madraac 04-27-2012 08:35 AM

Voli is not a great support character unless you are at lower Elo's. If that is the case, then doing what you suggest works fine as most players in low Elo's play the game like a normal blind pick-up game where no one cares particularly that you have 4 dps and a support that is sort of tanky.

Against a team that plays patiently and plays to feed the carry(s), this type of Voli gets outclassed very fast. His skill set and bruiser qualities are best with lots of HP, and you are losing too much.

Jungle Voli is a better option than Support, but then there are better Jungle options than Voli as well. Trust me, this saddens me as Voli is one of those champs that I love to play, but he just does not do well in proper ranked games, unless you know your team can carry.

TP5 Rafiki 04-27-2012 11:50 AM

"So after philo, hog, Id look at Aegis. NOT FoN which you pay too much for the regen. Aegis gives 40MR which is a lot, plus the armor, sharing, and health. Its great general purpose utility."

Going to try this for sure, thanks for the info. I am by no means a pro and am open to tips.

Powerstoned 04-27-2012 02:09 PM

for a support

HoG, Berzerkers, Kindlegem-Zeke's, Aegis, Frozen Mallet, Warmog