League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   [Suggestion] Integrated Voice Chat (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2058624)

Kazémandias 04-25-2012 12:43 AM

[Suggestion] Integrated Voice Chat

Hello Riot. I've been meaning to get this off my chest and spread it to the public. What there needs to be in LoL is an integrated voice chat system, just like in DotA, DotA 2 and HoN, or other MOBAS. That is what this game lacks. The system should function like Ventrilo (push-to-talk). It is also really annoying to start up a Skype chatroom outside of the game, and wait for people to come on. Furthermore, there is no push-to-talk when it comes to Skype, so background noise and unwanted noise will have to be heard from others. Fortunately, Ventrilo can be used to stop that, but I think it'll be easier and fun to have an integrated built-in voice chat system in LoL.

bdzz 04-25-2012 01:17 AM

nice suggestion bro :)

Kazémandias 04-26-2012 01:43 AM

Bump!

Godzilla Evan 12-23-2012 06:16 PM

The only problem i can see with an in game voicechat function would be that not everyone is emotionally stable, for lack of a better term. Meaning that some "experienced" players (those who have been playing long enough to know the game but not the teammate aspect) might tend to rage if a teammate does not live up to their raised expectation(due to the teammate possibly being relativly new, or just out of practice).
On a related note, there might be some form of voicechat on currently, because I hear pieces of conversations, from voices that are not the champions. If someone could confirm or clarify this, I would appreciate it.

Blue Prism 12-24-2012 03:35 PM

This issue has been discussed already. One of the reasons that LoL will not integrate voice chat is that it's difficult to include voice chat logs in a Tribunal case. If you have people trolling/flaming/abusing other people over voice chat, it's difficult to find evidence against them. I certainly wouldn't want to listen to 20-50 minutes of a voice chat recording in every Tribunal case.

Deadstrikes 12-24-2012 03:58 PM

It can be in a tribunal case it would need a separate interface built into the game to record the entire game with all voice chat in a compressed file that isn't like 300 mb+ depending on game length to download. Heck maybe just voice chat is recorded during the match though I doubt anyone would want to listen for an hour to hear people speak or just maybe it will record/stop automatically when a person speaks or doesn't speak after set period of time. Another reason it isn't in the game is the fact you could with the right settings soundboard a game. I know when I play other games with voice chat there is one person with music turned up so loud you could hear more than you could him. Nothing wrong with using ventrillo because you could at least control who is on your server as oppose to a poor implemented voice chat you wouldn't be able to do that.

GamerSlayer 02-05-2013 11:39 PM

Isn't there a way to transcribe the voice chat to text? The programs exist, they aren't perfect, but they are very good. So, this would work in most cases.

GamerSlayer 02-06-2013 04:29 AM

bump.