League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Simple guide on How to raise Solo Que Elo (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2004847)

Mahyar 04-09-2012 03:01 PM

Simple guide on How to raise Solo Que Elo

Some of you might think of the answer of winning is how you raise elo. That is the simple way of thinking of it. Solo Que is obviously a lot different than raising elo in a premade. I have played enough solo que games to figure out how the system works. I came from unranked to plat this season from following these simple ideas. If you take the time to read this guide you should feel a lot more confident pressing that rank solo que button.

Confidence
is the first key thing when solo queing. If you think you are going to lose and not feeling your 100% then dont solo que. wait for a time where you feel ready to show your skill.
Respectful
Many people do not realize yelling at your teammates for sucking does not improve their game play. It will just make the person just rage and more frustrated. Remember the guy knows he is not playing well and he probably does not play like that every game.
If your teammates do something good like get first blood or get a kill then compliment them. Be like "good job" or "keep it up guys we can win this". When you are doing good and your teammates enforce your good behavior it will make you perform better because you mentally feel good.
Consistency
This is the most important thing about solo que. Playing really well every game you play. If you want to climb up the ladder to higher levels then you need to play well. If you get a lot of off games then slow down your solo que pace. Slow and steady wins the race not rushing it at times.
Sometimes you will get bad teammates and really good teammates. Everyone has the same odds as you. Not every game you will play that your teammates go 0-11. Keep that in mind because somehow you will be on a winning streak then somehow you are on a losing streak. Solo Que balances itself out at a 50% win rate. You can adjust the win rate by playing really well majority of your games.

When solo queing you will see trolls, noobs, dcers, afkers etc. Remember that the enemy team will get them too if you play enough. I have lost a lot of elo from dumb losses but I have regained them from the same way I lost them. The enemy team will get their fair share of trolls too.
"Myth of Elo Hell"
So many times I hear people crying about bad teammates and wishing they were in the paradise elo where everyone is good. If i got paid a nickel each time I heard that then I would be a millionaire. There is no paradise elo by the way. The people that you think do bad just had an off game that you were in. There is no such thing as elo hell it is just a saying people made up to feel better about themselves. Solo que requires some skill to raise elo. If you hit a brickwall in solo que where you cant raise elo then your skill is around that elo. The "brickwall" people refer to elo hell but truly no such thing as it.

Be OPEN MINDED not CLOSED MINDED
To break the brickwall you will first need to see how you can improve your gameplay. If you think you cant improve your skill and it is all because of your teams you are losing then you wont get any better. I used to think I was the best and I couldnt improve. I was really wrong and when I decided to take advice from people better than me, I magically got better. When you get incredibly better you will jump elo to a new bracket and maintain it. It took me one month to get good at versing people within a 100 elo bracket before jumping to a new one. Patience and try to improve your gameplay and you will raise elo. It might take you 50 games before you notice the difference on your elo but it will raise higher than before if you choose to listen to ppl that are better than you.

Solo que measures skill in a player. There is a reason why the pros are high elo and are not in 1200 elo. If you are new to the game do not feel worried if you are stuck under 1200 elo. Remember everyone starts somewhere and as long as you have a strong finish that is what matters. I used to think people lucked out of elo hell and get carried all their elo. That is when I was stuck in bronze season 1. I am a changed player due to being open minded and learning how the system works.

GAME MECHANICS
learn all the mechanics to the game to be a better player. If you know all the mechanics that will make you win a lot more games. Knowing when to do an objective etc. Knowing how much cs to do and deciding a good time to do baron. Many people that are new to the game do not know the mechanics to the game and that is understandable. If you want to have an advantage over some players learning mechanics will do that. It is important to know how to win.

Thank you for reading my guide and if you got any questions dont be afraid to add me in game. I do not mind coaching players and helping them reach their desired elo.

Mahyar 04-13-2012 08:48 AM

I will make a more complex guide later but I am just made a simple one for now.

Mahyar 04-15-2012 11:01 AM

bump

FrankMcCrank 04-15-2012 11:24 AM

AD carry bot. tell your jungler to stay far away from bot. play super passive and just farm. the only way for you to die is if they all dive you at the tower.

So bot never feeds, jungler never comes bot and feed.
Enemy jungler/mid wastes a lot of time coming bot for unsuccessful ganks.

It is truly the best way if you really aren't meant to be in 900 elo, but it's also the most boring way.

The69Ninja 04-15-2012 11:32 AM

Which server do you play on? I'm on NA but don't have a computer at the moment, maybe in a month's time I will have my computer back but I would love to get some help from you. Add me ingame: The69Ninja. I've just reached level 30 but would like to be confident before I enter solo queue and coaching would be immensely appreciated.

alaskaneagle 04-15-2012 11:44 AM

If you get out of elo hell by solo queing you are one of the luckiest people alive, and should go play the lotto.

Something about the matching system puts mostly solo's together so you have higher odds of getting stuck with the trolls, ragers, and idiots.

You want your elo to get better, play pre-made teams.

so what you are saying is be close minded about elo hell but be open minded....

"""""When solo queing you will see trolls, noobs, dcers, afkers etc. Remember that the enemy team will get them too if you play enough. I have lost a lot of elo from dumb losses but I have regained them from the same way I lost them. The enemy team will get their fair share of trolls too.
"Myth of Elo Hell"
So many times I hear people crying about bad teammates and wishing they were in the paradise elo where everyone is good. If i got paid a nickel each time I heard that then I would be a millionaire. There is no paradise elo by the way. The people that you think do bad just had an off game that you were in. There is no such thing as elo hell it is just a saying people made up to feel better about themselves. Solo que requires some skill to raise elo. If you hit a brickwall in solo que where you cant raise elo then your skill is around that elo. The "brickwall" people refer to elo hell but truly no such thing as it.

Be OPEN MINDED not CLOSED MINDED
To break the brickwall you will first need to see how you can improve your gameplay. If you think you cant improve your skill and it is all because of your teams you are losing then you wont get any better. """"""

Mahyar 04-16-2012 10:41 PM

If you are truly good enough you can carry your teammates. You will get trolls, noobs(people who get outplayed by the other player), dcers and afkers in higher elo such as plat or gold. Those dont go away I can tell you that.

Loosah 04-17-2012 01:06 AM

This is actually false, and as a 1900 Elo player i say that with confidence.

The reason it is false is because it is impossible for 1 player to carry 4. If you say its not possible, try to win a 1v5 and have your other 4 players sit at nexus and try to win. You can't. And that is the same as trying to carry 4 other bad players.

Elo Hell does actually exist, ive been there and duo queued my way out. After my 10 placement games I was 1300 Elo, and soloQ'd myself down to 1075 before duoqueueing. Now, you might say if I couldnt raise myself, that my skill level was equal to the 1075, ill show you why youre wrong.

Every single game (not exagerrating) there was at least 1 either AFK/DC/intentional feed(not a bad player who dies, im talking run straight down mid back to back to back and literally intentional feed)/double jungle(both wanted to jungle none would pick another role)/purposeful troll for not getting desired role.

Now, that already leaves 4 players left (im subtracting the player listed above because hes obv not gonna help), and out of the 4, there is always one really bad player who dies early, then gives up.

How are 3 people supposed to win a team fight? they cant, hence Elo hell does exist.

Oh and Mahyar, plat does not have trolls, or noobs. Yes, everyone will get outplayed in high elos (obv because if not it would be a stalemate all game), but that is not the same as it is in the 1000-1200.

Mahyar 04-17-2012 12:45 PM

I have played a lot of games. When i say carry your team i mean lead your team and pick a hyper carry. Both teams will experience trolls dcers afkers. If u don't believe me then u havnt played enough solo Que.

TehJackAttack 04-17-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rept4r (Hozzászólás 23282333)
This is actually false, and as a 1900 Elo player i say that with confidence.

The reason it is false is because it is impossible for 1 player to carry 4. If you say its not possible, try to win a 1v5 and have your other 4 players sit at nexus and try to win. You can't. And that is the same as trying to carry 4 other bad players.

Elo Hell does actually exist, ive been there and duo queued my way out. After my 10 placement games I was 1300 Elo, and soloQ'd myself down to 1075 before duoqueueing. Now, you might say if I couldnt raise myself, that my skill level was equal to the 1075, ill show you why youre wrong.

Every single game (not exagerrating) there was at least 1 either AFK/DC/intentional feed(not a bad player who dies, im talking run straight down mid back to back to back and literally intentional feed)/double jungle(both wanted to jungle none would pick another role)/purposeful troll for not getting desired role.

Now, that already leaves 4 players left (im subtracting the player listed above because hes obv not gonna help), and out of the 4, there is always one really bad player who dies early, then gives up.

How are 3 people supposed to win a team fight? they cant, hence Elo hell does exist.

Oh and Mahyar, plat does not have trolls, or noobs. Yes, everyone will get outplayed in high elos (obv because if not it would be a stalemate all game), but that is not the same as it is in the 1000-1200.

Really, if you use logic, you have 4 teammates that could potentially be trolls/afk/dc/unskilled (since you, yourself, are obviously none of the previous). That means 4/5 of the players on your team could be worthless. The oposing team, however, could be 5 completely useless players. Therefore, by being good yourself, your team should ALWAYS have the advantage, right?