League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Opinions on a Vlad Build? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=200383)

Asellia 08-08-2010 01:30 AM

Opinions on a Vlad Build?

Okay, so, I can't really test any suggestions atm (being in the hospital), but, I can ask for them now, and play em once I get home.

I'm trying to do an almost straight AP build for Vlad, adding HP where viable.

What i've come up with is:
Build Order:
Mejah's Soulstealer (Got name wrong prolly, heavily medicated)
Sorceror's Boots
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Haunting Guise
Void Staff
Zhonya's Ring

Tahlyn 08-08-2010 01:35 AM

first off, vlad doesnt use mana. he fuels spells with hp. so ditch the soul.shroud ( if i'm right and that's the aura mana +hp thingy)

second, he doesnt get strong till after lvl 6, so starting with a mejai's is not what I would recommend, i Strongly recommend hp regen early.

Asellia 08-08-2010 01:44 AM

I meant to use Haunting Guise, not Soul Shroud. haha, and maybe I can do it as like... Regrown Pendant, and then sell it at level 6, get MEjahs

Tahlyn 08-08-2010 01:56 AM

tbh, the dorans shield is Really dope for vlad. Hp, armor, Hpregen, AND (hp=ap) about 7 ap :)

Asellia 08-08-2010 02:01 AM

Ah! Thanks for the tip!

I Was thinking though
What about:
Regrowth Pendant
Sorceror's Boots
Mejah's Soulstealer
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Warmog's Armor
Void Staff
Zhonya's Ring
?

Tahlyn 08-08-2010 02:10 AM

my suggestion, and what i do, is build a runepage, that has magey stuff, but HpRegen yellows. then when you add in the dorans shield, you have Mad hp regen. if youre going a full ap build, then do it. buying a warmogs end game is a waste of 1100 gold.

personally i build warmogs First, then mejais, then rylais. but i prefer the hp side of the build. that way my warmogs is charging the whole game.

try it out, but i think you will like doran's shield better than buying part of warmogs, then letting it sit for half the game :)

Tahlyn 08-08-2010 02:12 AM

oh, and unless they stack serious MR, get abyssmal, Way better for teamplay
And Seriously consider getting zhonra Immediately after mejais, due to its survivabilty.

you dont realize how much you rape your own health till you hit 3 spells and youre at less than 2/3 life :\

BIGFRYONCAMPUS 08-08-2010 02:41 AM

That build isn't that great, try this:

Doran's Shield or Rejuv Beads (Look at what you will be laning against or going mid against, if it looks tough, grab the shield for the extra survivability.)
Spirit Visage
Sorc Shoes/Merc Treads
Mejais
Rylais
Zhonyas
Eventually sell Doran's for a Void Staff.

My average game with Vlad is probably something like 15-2-12 or something along those lines I've had better and I've had worse obviously.

P.S. Don't buy Warmogs on Vlad, It's a waste of a slot.

Destabilizator 08-08-2010 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGFRYONCAMPUS (Hozzászólás 2323929)
That build isn't that great, try this:

Doran's Shield or Rejuv Beads (Look at what you will be laning against or going mid against, if it looks tough, grab the shield for the extra survivability.)
Spirit Visage
Sorc Shoes/Merc Treads
Mejais
Rylais
Zhonyas
Eventually sell Doran's for a Void Staff.

My average game with Vlad is probably something like 15-2-12 or something along those lines I've had better and I've had worse obviously.

P.S. Don't buy Warmogs on Vlad, It's a waste of a slot.

^ much better,
2OP: nice on paper, but 30MR will get you killed anytime anymoment you stick your head out of pool. 5k HP or not.