League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Morello Speaks on Dominion :-) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1994960)

baloons 04-07-2012 05:56 PM

Morello Speaks on Dominion :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...tukE7rs#t=158s

Morello says they are working on Dominion.. "some things are holding it back from being balanced, and some design flaws". Says they are working on those design flaws, and champion balance is not the only issue. . Also mentions champ design looks at dom slightly.. notes that 1 v 1 champs are a little better in dominion (he didn't seem bothered by it). Finally says he is not ready to talk about anything regarding dominion changes.

Thoughts? Seems a lot like a redesign (which riot has both done well and very poorly). It's also interesting they put some rubberbanding back into SR to make it less snowbally.

Yeorwned 04-07-2012 06:06 PM

He doesn't lead into anything so there isn't anything to really talk about.

inFe eD 04-07-2012 06:06 PM

Didn't hear a word he said, I was intoxicated by his hand movements.

Nekrogen 04-07-2012 06:07 PM

"I'm not really able to say anything at this time"

Kind of implies it's on the Soon® radar, but at least it's on the radar.

baloons 04-07-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nekrogen (Hozzászólás 22902122)

Well "soon" can mean stealth rework soon.. The biggest piece I drew from this is that Morello feels like there are design flaws in Dominion. Twofold question; what design flaws do you think exist? And better, what design flaws do you feel Riot has on it's radar to "fix"?

Personally, the rubberbanding was really annoying early on, but otherwise I don't feel dom is poorly balanced. People thought hypercarries scaled too hard, but just like in SR, you can balance champs around early, middle and late game. Not every champion needs to be "OP" at all games stages. In fact, there are very few nonviable characters, and characters people won't play in SR are amazing here, ie karma and heimerdinger. I enjoy the gameplay very much, and it certainly feels more fun and rewarding as a mode in general.

Wyvernfist 04-07-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21balloons (Hozzászólás 22902564)
I don't feel dom is poorly balanced. People thought hypercarries scaled too hard, but just like in SR, you can balance champs around early, middle and late game. Not every champion needs to be "OP" at all games stages. In fact, there are very few nonviable characters, and characters people won't play in SR are amazing here, ie karma and heimerdinger. I enjoy the gameplay very much, and it certainly feels more fun and rewarding as a mode in general.

I would say that while there aren't many non-viable characters, there are plenty that hands down perform better in the same roll. There's a reason the same 6-8 champs get banned in Dominion.

FDru 04-07-2012 07:13 PM

Well this is more or less the exact same thing they've said about Dominion every time. They can reword it as much as they want but it's still "Dominion isn't doing what we wanted it to and we don't know WTF we're going to do about it".

deepbluereason 04-07-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nekrogen (Hozzászólás 22902122)

Eve remake was 'soon' over a year ago and we all know how that turned out. I hate being pessimistic but we all know that Dominion is a low-priority project for Riot . It'd be a pleasant surprised if in another year anything at all had changed about CS.

Kiddalee 04-07-2012 08:21 PM

He could tell us whether the people working on Dominion actually play it.

RealWolf M 04-07-2012 11:13 PM

Thing it makes me wonder, he says that Dominion is strongly 1v1. There are plenty of team comps that can be designed which do not have strong 1v1 champs. I get hte feeling Morello is looking at the 1200 PUBS