League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Riven Jungle (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1984934)

Syox 04-05-2012 07:09 PM

Riven Jungle

I am new to jungling. I imagine I am just not doing it right, because I am struggling with Riven jungle on TT.

I run 21/9/0 masteries, flat ad quints, armor pen marks, flat armor seals, mr/lvl glyph.

I have tried armor 5pot and boots 3pot. never tried doran's blade.

I usually grab q/w/e, then max q first

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sam 04-05-2012 07:15 PM

It should work. . . um. do you get a nice leash from team?

Only Bruisers 04-05-2012 07:16 PM

no no no no no no no never max Q first, in my 200 games of playing riven i always max ki strike first

Syox 04-05-2012 08:00 PM

No leash from my team. What should they be leashing?

Luminarc 04-05-2012 08:12 PM

Max W then E

Prefix 04-05-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syox (Hozzászólás 22817792)
I am new to jungling. I imagine I am just not doing it right,
I run 21/9/0 masteries, flat ad quints, armor pen marks, flat armor seals, mr/lvl glyph.

Pen Quints, Flat AD Marks, Armour Seals, Speed Glyphs

Do not put masteries in ad per lvl or th 10 crit damage instead put CDr then depending ion champ use magic pen 10%

Sam 04-05-2012 08:53 PM

Leash your 1st camp so you don't take damage, your team would get agro so you can easily finish ur 1st camp.

Axil 04-05-2012 10:41 PM

Cloth, 9/21/0
Doesn't matter if you max q or w first it's the same really

Lemming 04-06-2012 05:12 AM

Riven can buy any component of wriggles to start with. I prefer long sword, as you spend less on pots and it will help you build madred's razors faster. Start at the mid camp and get a big leash from one or both of your lanes, making sure they get a couple auto-attacks off. After you clear it, head to your top camp and take it using smite.

You have a couple choices at this point. You can:
Blue pill and buy some pots or cloth armor, then gank or clear camps
Gank straight away
Chill in top lane and get exp. Harass the enemy!

Which option you take depends on both teams' compositions. If you feel like you have the CC and damage to get a kill, try for a gank right away. If you are feeling too low to gank, just head back to base.

After about level 4 or getting madred's, you begin to farm easily. At this point your job becomes harassing and potentially killing lanes, and securing the buffs and dragon. You can take red at level 4 with a buddy, and comfortably at level 6-8. By this time, you should be taking the top buffs as well, and preparing for a 3 man dragon.

Q/W/E is good, but I tend to max W first for the stun aspect. Q will help you deal more overall damage when you're alone, W will help you gank better.

Syox 04-06-2012 02:58 PM

Thanks for all the advice. I will give it a try again tonight. I think just the leashing will help a lot.