League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 29

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   (Guide) Emotions: The Driving Force behind Player Performance+ (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1981234)

Nhan Fiction 04-04-2012 03:00 PM

(Guide) Emotions: The Driving Force behind Player Performance+

The guide can be found on my personal blog. >^..^<

Nhan Fiction 04-04-2012 09:52 PM

Cats.

November Anon 04-04-2012 09:54 PM

I like the liberal use of "Can I haz cheeseburger" pics. The guide's great too.

But the pics man.

Cats.

Nhan Fiction 04-05-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by November Anon (Hozzászólás 22787821)
I like the liberal use of "Can I haz cheeseburger" pics. The guide's great too.

But the pics man.

Cats.

Thank you. >^..^<

Nhan Fiction 04-05-2012 10:29 AM

Cats.

KrystalSundancer 04-05-2012 02:38 PM

The cat pictures make all the difference. Good stuff!

Apacifist666 04-05-2012 07:03 PM

what if its my teams incompetence at the simplest, most basic actions in the game that cause me to bring forth frustration?

Nhan Fiction 04-05-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrystalSundancer (Hozzászólás 22808543)
The cat pictures make all the difference. Good stuff!

Thanks! >^..^<

Nhan Fiction 04-06-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apacifist666 (Hozzászólás 22817562)
what if its my teams incompetence at the simplest, most basic actions in the game that cause me to bring forth frustration?

First off, we all must individually be as strong as possible, especially when frustration starts sinking into your emotional system.

In regards to the actions of your teammates, there are plenty of options.

You could try to tell them NICELY to stop doing certain things (e.g. overextending). There is often an ideal way to get off important information toward your teammates without being mean. You would be surprised at how powerful being friendly is during a random LoL match.

However, a lot of players usually default to being angry toward their allies, and this often leads to undesirable tension, which often leads to a defeat in the long run.

rajo101 04-06-2012 08:37 PM

Agreed for all parts except 11. It is a game, no need to troll your enemies. Don't necassarily need to comfort them either, but in a friendly game I think that is going a bit far. Though once it happens, there is nothing wrong with feeling good about the enemy team tearing themselves apart. Now, if it was tournament/ranked play or something serious, then I suppose it would be okay. Just as a matter of civility, winning is very important, but not that important.

EDIT: I should probably upload a game I played that demonstrates what you were saying very well. I was playing as morgana. Udyr was mad because Sion was accusing him of KS (which to a certain extent was the case, but not like Sion was making it out to be). Losing made this into a spiral. I don't remember what I said, but I got them to calm down, and we started winning. Then we lost because of a terrible judgement call on taking Baron at a bad time. But we did get very close to winning. As you can imagine, the game taking a 360 degree turn caused the enemy to start pointing fingers at each other as well. If it weren't for our bad Baron decision, we likely would have won. I think I was carrying =D.

EDIT2: Okay, I definately agree with taking advantage of the pompous ones LoL. Catch is, you don't even have to do much =D. Let them believe they can solo a teamfight, then watch them fail . Also, I would point out that negativity can be reduced by turning a player's "You're a noob" into "I'm awesome." Often, they don't really care which (or at least that is my experience), and so long as they don't run alone into a teamfight or something, it is at least tolerable. Oh wait, you said that =P.