League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   New bottom lane combo (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1979124)

Machoke 04-03-2012 07:44 PM

New bottom lane combo

Would it be at all viable to run a burst assassin bot with the carry instead of a support?

For example, Leblanc does a good amount of damage even without a lot of items, and would do extremely well in getting kills and zoning early game. Although soraka might have to be banned to stop them from healing constantly, leblanc with little AP can still combo down the squishy carry and support for quite a bit of damage. Of course Leblanc would have to buy wards, and the carry would have to invest more money in sustain, the benefits could outweigh the costs.

In mid to late game, Leblanc starts to fall off anyways. Although she can still do good damage to squishier enemies, her utility starts to decrease, low CS Leblanc especially. However, what if Leblanc decided to sacrifice herself to kill the most dangerous member of the enemy team. In a regular team comp, teams would trade a carry kill for a support death almost always. If Leblanc built entirely for one burst, say a DFG and a Rabadons, with summoners flash and ignite/cleanse, she could turn the tides of battle in her teams favor, blowing all of her cool downs (which include 3 blinks) to get to and kill a squishy enemy.

I am by no means a great, or even good player, and I have not been able to test this out yet. I would appreciate discussion about the pros and cons of this.

TL;DR: Run bursty assassin bot who can insta-gib opposing carry who doesn't care about dying in trade for another life.

Sentient23 04-03-2012 10:29 PM

these things happen quite often and i believe they are most often referred to as 'kill lanes'
theres different kinds of kill lanes but what is usually going to happen is the enemy bot lane is going to retreat back their turret and you will have to be able to harass them underneath it.

not a new concept its just a lot of people find it more comfortable to run an ad carry/support lane and tbh its somewhat risky.... a kill lane at bot will usually make or break a game depending on how poorly or successfully it is played.

Machoke 04-04-2012 04:27 AM

I understand the concept of kill lanes, but my intent would be having the assassin go in later game and try to kill the other team's carry at any cost, causing an advantage to their team for the next few minutes.

Stippy 04-04-2012 10:57 AM

the problem with this is the carry will be getting more farm than the assasin.

After level 6 or sothe assasin will taper off and be largely useless unless they have utitilty abilities as well.

For example a support I like to run who uses a similar strategy is viegar.

Is deadly even with sub optimal farm and has a large AOE stun for helping the team in teamfights etc.

FrightSlip 04-04-2012 11:11 AM

Kill lanes lose late games.