League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   How do I call misses so people NOTICE it? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=195554)

Xentropy 08-04-2010 04:37 AM

How do I call misses so people NOTICE it?

I'm not really new anymore at summoner level 20, but this feels like a noob question so I'm asking here.

I've been mostly playing caster carries and going mid in the majority of my games. I've gotten pretty good at farming mid, getting last hits, staying alive, sometimes even ganking, the whole she-bang. I've also gotten plenty good at calling when my target is miss, as well as where my best guess was they were headed.

An example of the sorts of ways I'll say this is:
"Trist miss mid, suspect back but care"
"Ashe miss mid, suspect bot"
"Heimer miss mid" (no further info since I didn't see where he might have gone and doubt he backed since he was full health, etc)

The reason I'm posting this thread is that 90% of the time 30 seconds later someone will get ganked and then, this is the part that gets me, WHINGE IN TEAM CHAT ASKING WHY THE MISS WASN'T CALLED. I'll reply with "^^^^^^ I just called it right THERE" and either get an "oh I didn't notice" or just a "that's not how you call miss noob".

So how am I supposed to call miss in a way that people will notice and react to instead of ignore and apparently go unread and useless? I've taken to shift-home ctrl-c after typing it and ctrl-v/enter several times to make sure the message goes through like 3 times and then pinging the map along the path I think the miss is taking, but then I just get "spam" complaints from my team, so I can't win either way.

Remani 08-04-2010 04:52 AM

There's really nothing more that can be done in this particular case. Now, it's just become a matter of people placing the blame on others when it was part of their own failure for not recognizing a perfectly legitimate 'mia' call.

To just clarify the process of calling an 'mia', do so in this order for, in most cases, the best result:

1) Type "(insert champion name) mia".
2) Ping the path he or she may be taking, starting from where you last saw them to where you think they may be going.
3) Pretty optional, but if you see any lanes (including mid of you aren't the mid player) just type "watch out mid/bot/top" and possibly ping again to get their attention.

You only have about 20-25 seconds before a person crossing a lane reaches their destination, and that's just early game. Late game, a mobile champ could do it in 10 seconds, so you must ALWAYS be on your game when calling it out or tempers will fly - but remember, even if you do your absolute best, someone will not be happy when they get ganked and attempt to blame it on someone else. It's the nature of the game, people get killed while others just don't.

Speusippus 08-04-2010 05:56 AM

Also, explain to them that the time it takes to type out MIA's is very unfortunate and they should be watching the map themselves.

R66Y 08-04-2010 05:57 AM

I type like a glacier, so I tend to just ping the path (if they are going mid to bot along river, I ping river at mid, then river at bot). Most people get the idea quickly enough and the sound is more noticeable than the text box in my experience.

IrMx 08-04-2010 06:02 AM

I usually do what Remani offered. It seems to work well to just say:

"Heimer MIA, care top"
Or just Care top and a ping.

Kinda sad that the ping is either under-used or overused in the games I am in >_<

Xentropy 08-04-2010 06:40 AM

Sounds like I'm pretty much doing the right thing, just need to hope the matching stops putting me with people who don't even pay attention to chat and/or pings. I'm an incredibly fast typist so adding who's MIA and all that doesn't really take me any meaningful time at all; I figure the more detailed the warning the better.

Thanks guys! :)

Bonesetter 08-04-2010 07:20 AM

I'll just reiterate to show you that there are more people that can help, and more people with the same opinion.

Remani's got it nearly perfect; that's the way I see most people manage MIA calls.

1st: <champion's name> mia
2nd: I'll ping where the champion left my view, and then click once (or twice, if it's a long distance) in the direction they were heading.
3rd: I'll say "care top/bottom/mid"

xpsychedelico 08-04-2010 09:48 AM

I've taken a liking to pinging first, then calling MIA, as it calls their attention quickly and takes less time compared to typing. First, they get a heads up of something coming their way, then you inform them of who it might be so they can prepare. It also gives a better idea of the time that the champion left, so they know when to expect him.

Don't worry too much about your situation, sometimes people have an intense lane and they can't continually keep track of the mini map and chat. There's nothing you can do about it, and they admitted that it was their fault as they didn't see it or notice your pings.

D0llSlght 08-04-2010 10:43 AM

ping their lane and say...CARE

Kroo 08-04-2010 02:35 PM

Heimer mia mid, inc top, followed by pings with the path heimer might take.

Care top, heimer mia mid. Pings.
Both mid mia, inc top. Pings.

Oh, and use re to tell your teamates if the missing return, even if they return in a different lane.

Cho mia bot, care.
Re. <--- means that the cho reappeared bot.
Re top. Means that the top lane has reappeared, though it doesn't necessarily convey who, but the "re top" is usually preceded by "mia top"