League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Atmogs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1948940)

Black Lister 03-24-2012 03:10 PM

Atmogs

Broken, dumb, useful, overused?

Discuss.

MCMCMAN2 03-24-2012 07:44 PM

Anyone saying Atmogs is overpowed is pretty ****ing dumb, and I have yet to meet someone that believes its OP and is still sane.
Both the Atmas and Warmogs are core to the tanky dps build.
Every role has 1. Carries end up with PDs. AP get the Deathcap. Those are core items.
The reason tanky dps get atmas is because it gives off decent damage (not as good as stacking BT) and surviablity. However, they really need this. They are always in the fight and taking damage. If you try to play as mele and not have this hp, you'll just feed.
Now, some people will argue that it is better than the Deathcap and PD.
Well, yes. It is. But lets not forget, it is TWO! items. It takes up two slots. And it costs 5330 gold, which is more expensive than the other core items. So no. Atmgos needs no nerf, and should be left alone.

SonicTheHedgedawg 03-25-2012 06:08 AM

sometimes I'll forgo warmogs and go Frozen Mallet + Ionic Spark + Atma's

Nea De Penserhir 03-25-2012 07:30 AM

There's already threads dedicated to this topic.

Seldkam 03-25-2012 12:48 PM

Atmogs is one of the reasons I'm switching to Dota. It's not OP, not at all, I just HATE it when any tank is allowed to do that much damage. It is too scary. Sure, I can waste all my abilities, run away, then hit again, assuming they don't have CC in which case I'm forced into a prolonged fight that I might not win... or I have to repeat the process, using lots of mana.

HOWEVER:

Tired of Atmogs? Play Vayne/Corki, and add a black cleaver. Absolutely NO WAY will you die.

axesandspears 03-25-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seldkam (Hozzászólás 22432464)
Atmogs is one of the reasons I'm switching to Dota. It's not OP, not at all, I just HATE it when any tank is allowed to do that much damage. It is too scary. Sure, I can waste all my abilities, run away, then hit again, assuming they don't have CC in which case I'm forced into a prolonged fight that I might not win... or I have to repeat the process, using lots of mana.

HOWEVER:

Tired of Atmogs? Play Vayne/Corki, and add a black cleaver. Absolutely NO WAY will you die.

As far as I am aware of, people actually have to build tougher in DotA because mages don't scale (so their base damages and cc amounts are much higher by comparison), but there isn't a magic resistance stat.

joejoefred 03-26-2012 06:28 PM

I think atmogs if fine but teh new maw makes it horrible. Not only do they gain a huge bonus in tanky ness and some damage but then they get maw and they have no weakness. The more you attack them the stronger they get then they shield and kill you or lifesteal the amount back if they have BT before they were vulnerable to AP or magic damage, now they are REALLY hard to kill.

Omendaos 03-27-2012 02:25 PM

I think Atmogs is balanced out by Medred's Bloodrazors and Deathfire Grasp since both do %HP damage.

dudewithabox 03-27-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omendaos (Hozzászólás 22500029)
I think Atmogs is balanced out by Medred's Bloodrazors and Deathfire Grasp since both do %HP damage.

Yes, everything in this game as a counter.

You counter high HP with % dmg, and you counter % dmg with magic resist.

axesandspears 03-27-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudewithabox (Hozzászólás 22500369)
Yes, everything in this game as a counter.

You counter high HP with % dmg, and you counter % dmg with magic resist.

There is no counter to % penetration......Which is why I do not like the stat.