League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 31

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   League of Legends WORKING on Linux (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1946188)

iGnAnnihilate 03-23-2012 03:04 PM

League of Legends WORKING on Linux

################################################## ####################################
Could any Riot Staff please sticky this forum so that more Linux users can benefit from this easy method?
################################################## ####################################

Before I start, YES, I did get a lot of help from other forum posts. However, I found there was no single forum post that effectively led me all the way through. I had to figure out a lot of this by myself.

Working as of: 25 March 2012

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is a VERY EASY guide on installing and running LoL on Linux.
(I will be using Ubuntu, but if you modify the code a little bit, it will work for any distro)

Step 1: Install Wine1.4 and Winetricks

code: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
(adds ppa repository of wine)

code: sudo apt-get update
(updates the database/list)

code: sudo apt-get install wine1.3
(installs wine1.4)

code: sudo apt-get install winetricks
(installs winetricks)

Step 2: Install Winetricks Extra Components

code: winetricks vcrun2005
(installs visual c++ 2005)

code: winetricks wininet
(installs inet)

code: winetricks ie6
(installs internet explorer 6)

code: winetricks d3dx9
(installs directx 9)

code: winetricks corefonts
(installs several windows fonts)

code: winetricks adobeair
(installs adobe air)

Step 3: Change Wine1.4 Settings to "Windows 7"

code: winecfg
(opens wine config)

Then, change the Windows Version Setting to "Windows 7"

Step 4: Move a Previous Install of LoL

You should place the folder (Riot Games) into the following location:
(/home/[USER]/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/)

Make sure you replace [USER] with the correct name.
ALSO, .wine is sometimes hidden from view, so you may have to find it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that you have completed the above tasks, you will now have to open the LoL Launcher. To do that, you will have to type the following two lines of code into a terminal every time you want to play LoL.

code: cd "/home/[USER]/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/system"
(changes directory to where you have LoL folder installed)

code: WINEDEBUG=+ntdll wine "rads_user_kernel.exe" run lol_launcher $(ls ../projects/lol_launcher/releases/) LoLLauncher.exe
(runs program under debug mode)

(make sure to replace [USER] with the correct name)

The League of Legends launcher should now appear and begin updating.

CONGRATULATIONS on your new install of League of Legends on Linux!

IF this worked for you, please LIKE this, so that other people will be able to see this post.
IF it didn't work for you, or you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment. :)

Known Bugs: Because this is NOT meant to be played on Linux, there ARE bugs.
-Store in Lobby/Launcher (NOT IN-GAME) does not work. If you press it, LoL Launcher.exe crashes.
-Health Bar on HUD remains full, no matter how much health you have.
-Recall Bar remains full while you recall.

urmamasllama 03-23-2012 11:14 PM

this is a hell of a lot cleaner than my guide nice job

fiSt9mbWF2OJxFRT 03-24-2012 05:45 AM

i ve done all the steps as described here but when i attempt to run lol, he seems to starts and than it fast closes. Do you have any idea of what is happening?

iGnAnnihilate 03-24-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiSt9mbWF2OJxFRT (Hozzászólás 22393531)
i ve done all the steps as described here but when i attempt to run lol, he seems to starts and than it fast closes. Do you have any idea of what is happening?

Hey,

Thanks for following my guide! :) I'm really sorry it didn't work. If the client ran, that means that everything you did was correct. That means that instead of a Linux problem, it is a client problem. Might I suggest re-installing your LoL Client? I THINK that is the problem, as others are having the same problem. (ex: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1420868)

Best of Luck!
SxeAzn

urmamasllama 03-25-2012 12:17 AM

before ever doing a reinstall always try to use the repair function in the patcher that is if you are getting there

Suhnee 03-25-2012 01:17 AM

I Dont Have A Previous Leagues Folder.. A.K.A Step 5..

Suhnee 03-25-2012 01:18 AM

I don't even have a previous leagues folder. a.k.a step 5..

Sleekman 03-25-2012 11:30 AM

Hit up the AppDB
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=19141

I now have a fully working game using instructions found there, including ingame store.

The only thing I have noticed that doesn't work is the recall bar doesn't move as it's casting, but it still recals fine.

iGnAnnihilate 03-25-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisKoreanGuy (Hozzászólás 22420126)
I Dont Have A Previous Leagues Folder.. A.K.A Step 5..

Hey,

If you don't have a Leagues Folder, then download the installation .exe file from http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/redownload and just install LoL to the correct folder through wine.

Thanks and Good Luck!
SxeAzn

themaddscientist 03-26-2012 10:50 AM

I followed the steps you posted but I'm having a problem with the launcher. It is acting like it is updating but I haven't seen any progress at all. I went back through the steps to be sure that I did everything right, and I found two issues:

1. My linux version is oneiric and when I use the sudo apt-get update the files do not give me an update for my version of linux. I am assuming they are giving me the natty updates but I do not know if this is causing the problem.

2. When I run the WINEDEBUG command when the launcher loads up I looked at the terminal and it does appear to be finding any of the d3dx9 files. I have copied what I believe the problem is below.

warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\Program Files\\Riot Games\\League of Legends\\RADS\\projects\\lol_launcher\\releases\\0 .0.0.54\\deploy\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)
warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\Program Files\\Riot Games\\League of Legends\\RADS\\projects\\lol_launcher\\releases\\0 .0.0.54\\deploy\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)
warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\windows\\system32\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)
warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\windows\\system\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)
warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\windows\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)
warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\windows\\system32\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)
warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\windows\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)
warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\windows\\system32\\wbem\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)

I do not know if either of these is the problem but when I get to the launcher it acts like it's doing something but doesn't seem to be actually updating. Any suggestions?