League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Insta-Locking and Solo Queue. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1942149)

P├Ądwani 03-22-2012 01:21 AM

Insta-Locking and Solo Queue.

I find myself extremely frustrated when I play this game solo. I normally play with 1 or 2 other people, but not always, you guys know when you want to play but no oens on.. yeah that time of the day.

Outside of the Level 30s who clearly don't know exactly what their doing, people trolling with builds, or just being plain useless, I find instant-locking the most pain in the rear thing about this game.

Is there a way they can delay insta-locking for the first 30 seconds of the Normal non-draft pick games?

and the other question being, how do you guys survive solo queue all together?

Fwob 03-22-2012 03:10 AM

If you want to try hard, go to normal draft mode.

Hushyomouth 03-22-2012 03:13 AM

We dont allways survive and lately i think people are playing with 1 hand behind the back and 3 broken fingers on the other hand

Slashinghardest 03-22-2012 04:45 AM

Play drafts if you dont want insta lockers. All in all drafts is much closer to ranked without the elo risk. I really only play non drafts so i can autolock whp i wanna play.

Donthealme 03-22-2012 05:14 AM

The 30 seconds will make no difference at all, so you sit there unable to autolock, now what? Look if someone autolocks nothing will make them play anything else.

Stippy 03-22-2012 08:20 AM

IMO its not draft, so I play the game BECAUSE I have a character in mind to practice with.

That or I am with friends.

If your more serious then play draft.

Rawrful 03-22-2012 12:54 PM

Instalocking in normal is pretty standard. It forces you to learn to play different roles and try new champions. I mean, it can be annoying if you solo queued with playing one champion in one lane in mind and someone else instalocked that champ or lane, but that is life.

I often pick a non-standard (But still viable) champion for whatever roles I get stuck with if everyone else instalocks and doesn't want to talk or work together. For example, if I really don't want to play a 'standard' support but I'm stuck supporting at bottom, I grab Gangplank, Blitz, Yorik or Nunu. Non standard, but viable and fun to play. You make the instalockers grumble a bit without hurting your team.

Kurohyou 03-22-2012 01:09 PM

My biggest miff with instant lockers is only when they think its your job to play someone you dont want to because they are so special and dont want to play that role. E.g. "Im veigar im mid, you HAVE to pick tank now" All because i had the courtesy to not instant lock. Thanks for being a egocentric jerk auto lockers :D if you wanted a tank pick it. Dont put it off on the rest of the team so you can be the only person to have fun.

ThatSriLankanKid 03-22-2012 04:37 PM

I always instalock in normal blind. Why? Because I use to test out a new champ for ranked. Sure, the skill level in normal blind might be somewhat lower than ranked (depending on you normal elo) but if gives you a good feel for what the champion you are testing can do.

The only thing I ask for is a jungler because the only champions I usually test are solo top champs. Its difficult to get a feel for a champion if you are 2 v 1ing in top lane.

MrOhSoAzn 03-22-2012 06:55 PM

This is one of my biggest pet peaves. My comp is a bit slow loading to rhe champ select screen. By the time my screen loads all 4I of my teammates have champs picked. If I don't pick the role rhat isn't taken, I am IMMEDIATELY insulted and threatenedI with reports. To add on to that, if the game is lost y team will blame me.