League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 48

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   @Riot: A Dominion Story (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1941589)

Phourc 03-21-2012 08:04 PM

@Riot: A Dominion Story

Once upon a time, many players were excited about this new game mode called "Dominion".

Yet at it's launch there was great despair, for it's problems were many!

Lo! Brackhar looked down from on high and said: "Let the rubberbanding be fixed! Let Gunblade be nerfed! Let Gold and Exp gains be reduced, so that carries may no longer dominate! Priscillas? What a mistake! Get that thing right the heck out!"

And the players looked, and said "Dominion's in a pretty good place now."

And Brackhar looked down again, and said "I must away! But ranked will be turned on when you mature, someday."

And so, they played and they waited, expectant for ranked - but instead they got silence!

But then, a light appeared! The valiant Jabe, riding his mighty Jabe-steed, found that if a bot were to look at your profile, it would know your Dominion normal Elo. He gifted this great power unto his creation, the all-knowing "Jabe-bot".

The players rejoiced! While they did not truly have a ranked mode, they could compare their skills, and strive for self-improvement! A golden age of Dominion Elo-lightenment was born!

But then, the dark Tuesday of march 20th, the Evil Yordle Lulu came to the League. And in her Fae madness, she stole the gift of Dominion Elo from Jabebot! The players could no longer see their ranks! Fear and anger ensued, as the players floundered around without his knowledge to guide them!

Is this the end of Dominion as we know it?!?

Now, I get it - I really do. Riot has learned the value of playing the silence game after disappointing the community with the Magma Chamber project, and the stealth rework. Riot doesn't want to say something that could be interpreted as a promise, and then fail to follow through - us gamers are a notoriously hard to please bunch.

What I'm trying to say here is not "RIOT U OWE ME EXPLANASHUN!!!1" or even "Y U NO RANK DOMINION!?!". I am saying that I need some reassurance that dominion has not been forgotten if *I* am to continue playing it seriously.

Are you working on Dominion currently, Riot? Do you have a plan for it? Can we get our Dominion Normal Elo back in the meantime? I'm sure since it required a bot to view, showing us our Elo wasn't intended - but still, how did it hurt you to have this information available for us while we waited for ranked?

Look at all the openness and communication that Riot engages in - Xypherous explaining his newest champ (70+ posts worth!), Devs communicating left and right about upcoming changes and balance goals (Seriously, I could read morello-posts all day), Lyte talking matchmaking and Tribunal - Look, you guys are the best and most open **** game company I've ever seen.

But there's one thing you haven't talked about - Dominion. We lost our Elo, and I feel that helped the community a heck of a lot. Now I don't know how the rest of the community feels, but I know how I and a few of my friends feel - and it really feels like we're the unloved stepchild of game modes.

So!

I'm going to bump this once a day for the next week, and if I get a red response, cool. If not, I assume we get nothing, and I'm not going to invest myself nearly as much in this game (I love LoL too much to quit, but if there's no point to playing I'm not going to do it nearly as much).

And, since I know some reds search the forum for their own names - *deep breath* Brackhar, Geeves, ricklessabandon, Lyte (was apparently talking about Jabebot a while back), RiotAmes, Morello, Xypherous, FeralPony, Phreak, running out of names here, Tamat, Guinsoo, Pendragon? (don't ban me, bro!)

TL;DR: I was a 1550 Dominion player, I will never be 1600. Wat do?

B1AZE L0RD 03-21-2012 08:10 PM

I agree i like the story and i like dominion alot of though i lagg alot in it it is still really fun but would u mind making ranked in it

Imwetoddid 03-21-2012 08:10 PM

And the parrot! Someone mention the parrot's name!

JakeTehPwner 03-21-2012 08:12 PM

Agreeance.

Stez007 03-21-2012 08:21 PM

We need rioters to come into the DominateDominion chat channel and see the community we have. We're growing and we're competitive.

(also props to RiotBahamut who popped in earlier today!)

Slyfoxdragon 03-21-2012 08:23 PM

Bump for teh justice.

DaRatmastah 03-21-2012 08:30 PM

I love this.

Tenant 03-21-2012 08:32 PM

A little too dramatic, if you ask me. =/

But yeah, I do agree that ranked Crystal Scar should come out soon. But that's all I'll say.

Sorayai 03-21-2012 08:34 PM

normal Elo should never be shown IMHO, it led to way too many people *****ing about it and causing problems in champ select "hurrr you're 100 elo lower than me, noob" -- *get in game, proceed to carry the 'higher elo' players*

people let it get to their heads too much and I'm glad Riot took it out.

however, i want ranked dominion =D

seeing your dom elo was cool, but when elitist dumbasses started talking about it in every pre-game chat, it got annoying. idiots ruin all the cool stuff, ya know? still, I don't really think it matters for the most part....

TL;DR - WTB ranked dominion

Summer Wars 03-21-2012 08:37 PM

What's dominion?