League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Ears, Open. Eyeballs, Click. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1919769)

KonFewShuN 03-15-2012 02:22 PM

Ears, Open. Eyeballs, Click.

For anyone here who may have a thought that crossed their mind for joining the military, specifically, the USMC. these video's are for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytbkZ...EE12BACC76D5E2

FearCatalyst 03-15-2012 02:50 PM

The only branch I've ever considered joining is the Chair Force. I don't think I'm bad ass enough for the Marines.

KonFewShuN 03-15-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearCatalyst (Hozzászólás 22078051)
The only branch I've ever considered joining is the Chair Force. I don't think I'm bad ass enough for the Marines.

haha Chair Force :D

The Marines are my choice, i leave in May. But for me, it has nothing to do with being bad ass, but you are considered one. if you earn the title.

Colonel Justice 03-15-2012 04:27 PM

There's nothing really all that badass about the marines. They just have a stigma in the general publics eyes because that's how they advertise themselves.

Your average joe marine isn't all that impressive. The hand to hand combat training in boot camp is laughable. You'd get more out of a krav maga or muay thai class than boot camp. The endurance stuff is also pretty laughable. The Crucible is not difficult. The whole system revolves around making marines *feel* like they are badass so when someone says "Go into that building with lots of armed *******s cause you're a badass." Joe marine goes: "Derp.. aye aye sir! Hoorah!".

Now this does not include specially trained military such as force recon, snipers, delta force, rangers, and green berets. Those guys are badasses.

TheDisTuRb3D 03-15-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Justice (Hozzászólás 22081525)
There's nothing really all that badass about the marines. They just have a stigma in the general publics eyes because that's how they advertise themselves.

Your average joe marine isn't all that impressive. The hand to hand combat training in boot camp is laughable. You'd get more out of a krav maga or muay thai class than boot camp. The endurance stuff is also pretty laughable. The Crucible is not difficult. The whole system revolves around making marines *feel* like they are badass so when someone says "Go into that building with lots of armed *******s cause you're a badass." Joe marine goes: "Derp.. aye aye sir! Hoorah!".

Now this does not include specially trained military such as force recon, snipers, delta force, rangers, and green berets. Those guys are badasses.

I'd laugh my Fukin ass off watching you fail boot camp. I can see your skinny little face thinking your all cool and ****.

KonFewShuN 03-15-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Justice (Hozzászólás 22081525)

I don't think you know a single person in the Marine Corps. Nor do you have any actual knowledge of any branch in the military. Marines are all trained to kill, regardless if you go to MCT or SOI. Also, Marines also become MMA teachers/experts. My recruiter is a black belt in BJJ.

Also, Crucible not hard? C'mon man, stop trolling.

FearCatalyst 03-15-2012 07:18 PM

I know several marines, and a few army guys. Most of them are pretty cool. Very cocky, but generally nice people.

KonFewShuN 03-15-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearCatalyst (Hozzászólás 22087547)
I know several marines, and a few army guys. Most of them are pretty cool. Very cocky, but generally nice people.

Most of the military type people i know are marines, i know some army people. Really though, people give every branch flak for all sorts of reasons, But at the end of the day, they all have each others backs.

Insidious Ghost 03-16-2012 01:10 AM

My brother is a Scout Sniper. He is currently in the homeland but he trains people on base. He always has awesome stories about how hard he pushes them and stuff. Who knows, maybe I'll end up joining them. I've definitely thought about. Heck, I've even signed up for all the information. I also get a lot of encouragement coming from a family with plenty of military background.

Dragoeth 03-16-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KonFewShuN (Hozzászólás 22086721)
I don't think you know a single person in the Marine Corps. Nor do you have any actual knowledge of any branch in the military. Marines are all trained to kill, regardless if you go to MCT or SOI. Also, Marines also become MMA teachers/experts. My recruiter is a black belt in BJJ.

Also, Crucible not hard? C'mon man, stop trolling.

The MMA style of fighting they teach in combatives is **** for real world situations. Its fighting based on a points system with rules... In a real life situation if someone put me in a rear mount, instead of trying to break the hold like they told me I would reach back and rip and ear off or stick my finger in one of their eyes (this is just one example...) Krav Magra is something that we need to teach instead. Its why so many special forces and military around the world learn it instead.

Also hes right. Marines aren't that bad ass on an individual level. Rangers, Delta, Seals, SF, Snipers and those sorts are scary as ****. I've met rangers before and done some specialized trainining in the army with SF as my instructors and an every day marine is a joke in comparison. Marines have the hardest basic training but thats about it... after that all the training and basics are the same as it is for the army combat MOS's. Really they are ALL stigma at this point. Its slightly harder to become a marine than it is to be in a different branch because they are more selective however at the end of the day half of their training is just being told over and over that they are better than everyone else and the best fighting force that ever lived and little pvt joe is going to believe that.

Got all the respect in the world for the marines but don't put them on a pedestal.