League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Laning TNT - How to (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1919541)

Kronikor 03-15-2012 12:55 PM

Laning TNT - How to

Tips N Tricks For Laning

Hello LoLers - Ive been playing LoL for over a year now, thousands of games - and I just wanted to put some of the things out there I have learned through playing every champ that have helped me carry a lane. And in return ask you guys for some input on how to improve these things if possible, and what YOU have learned that is a good "rule of thumb" when playing in ANY lane.

1. I'll just start with the basic, single most key item when laning - CS....yes CS - if you ask yourself, "what's CS?"...pay VERY close attention because you're game is about to immediately improve...creep score... Last hitting creeps is what gives you gold...gold buys powerful items...therefore, the more last hits the quicker you get powerful items and so on...(the only exception to wanting a high CS is if you play support, then you want to give all last hits to your carry)

2. A very advanced laner will allow his lane to push to his turret, and zone his opponent from xp range, and from last hitting, thus crippling them while simultaneously setting up his lane for the jungler to gank. Since you cannot deny creeps like in DoTA or HoN - you must be more pro and force them away. This is an art form and takes MUCH practice to learn to do effectively against any champ...but mastering this tactic is one of the most surefire ways of establishing an advantage in a lane.

3. WARDS - JHC BUY WARDS!!! It is not the jungler's sole responsibility to buy wards for you...Buy your own wards, and there wont be a problem, 75g, 3 last hits (on anything but jungle mini creeps, they give 6...which sux), get over it and purchase them...they WILL save your life countless times I PROMISE!

4. But what about when you're 2v1 top!? This can be troublesome for certain champs, and circumstance varies greatly with and w/o a jungler - making last hits very difficult sometimes. Wards become key here, I usually purchase 2 at 6:00 or first back if I can, place one in river(if blue) or tri bush(if purple), place other in my top bush - that way you always know what they are up to, and IF there is a jungler, you see him coming. You will not like this next part, but... you WILL get dove on eventually, it's gonna happen. Don't get discouraged not even towers can save you from 3v1 dive it's ok...but the wards will minimize the success of a dive because they give you time to prepare and position yourself.

5. Speaking of diving!
If you get dove - DO NOT RUN from the turret unless escape is absolutely 100% certain, you're getting dove, you're probably already dead - do as much damage as possible to the turrets target, force them to come all the way into the turret and kite them around it, you will 95% of the time turn a dive into a trade, making it a waste of their time and resources (unless they down turret, then...meh you killed one, but they will unlikely be able to kill you and take turret after your pro move)

If you are diving - A key mistake novice players make is diving the turret for a champ that is 1-2 hits away, then getting killed by the turret .../facepalm... Sometimes it is correct to let the kill go. Your biggest resource in determining whether a dive is appropriate or not is the size of your creep wave, if you have creeps to take turret hits while you run in, could be worth it - be aware tho, once you attack champ the turret hates you, so get the kill and get the hell outa there!! Also, be sure you know where the hell the jungler is when you dive...cuz if he shows up, after 3-4 turret hits, you likely will be an easy kill...The next mistake, is chasing PAST the turret - this is the recipe for a free jungler kill do not do this....

6. How to go back CORRECTLY! Yes you can go back incorrectly, let me ask you this, how often do creep waves spawn? Do you know? If not - you are probably going back incorrectly every time...the answer is 30 seconds, at every :00 and :30 interval a wave spawns after the 1:30 minute mark - do you know which creep in a wave does the most damage? That one was more intuitive, the cannon obviously....pro tip - kill the cannon, and you can leave the lane assured your creeps will win automatically (if not being aggressively farmed), couple this with the timing of :40 seconds, and the NEXT wave will arrive in time to keep the lane in balance - i try to just see if there is a wave on the way before I leave, and if my creeps are winning. Then B. No tower damage on return :)

Ok so this was probly TLDR but if you actually read and took something from this, I hope it helped and please post some improvements and ideas of your own, I feel like I'm pretty good, but I don't know everything, help me out!

Yanzina 03-15-2012 01:06 PM

Good tips. But the creeps aren't just for your CS. You can control the lane with creeps. As in you can let the creeps push your own lane if you think the enemy jungler is trying to set up a gank. Freezing your creep lane before the tower can hit is also very important. Also if you let your own lane push get pushed to much, you will lose CS to tower. In which you will lose CS and if the other laner has flash or a way to escape from a gank.They will be able to a gank 90% of the time. Also 2 hits from a tower to armored creep will leave them ~7% health to be able to hit. Clothy minions, unless you can steroid yourself to hit them from 40% of life, you will miss that CS. The best way to try and make the best of this situation is to go into a custom. choose a hero you play often, and practice hitting off the turret. Lastly, you don't want to let your lane get pushed to your tower is that, if you don't have a creepwave, your tower will suffer dearly.

Kronikor 03-15-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yanzina (Hozzászólás 22074697)
Good tips. But the creeps aren't just for your CS. You can control the lane with creeps. As in you can let the creeps push your own lane if you think the enemy jungler is trying to set up a gank. Freezing your creep lane before the tower can hit is also very important. Also if you let your own lane push get pushed to much, you will lose CS to tower. In which you will lose CS and if the other laner has flash or a way to escape from a gank.They will be able to a gank 90% of the time. Also 2 hits from a tower to armored creep will leave them ~7% health to be able to hit. Clothy minions, unless you can steroid yourself to hit them from 40% of life, you will miss that CS. The best way to try and make the best of this situation is to go into a custom. choose a hero you play often, and practice hitting off the turret. Lastly, you don't want to let your lane get pushed to your tower is that, if you don't have a creepwave, your tower will suffer dearly.

So true thanks for the input!!

Agulot 03-15-2012 02:04 PM

Nice. Thanks for the tips.

Xystril 03-15-2012 02:17 PM

Tips...pantheon icon...I get it......

no?

Anyways, great advice to every player +1

SubDraco 03-15-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xystril (Hozzászólás 22076923)
Tips...pantheon icon...I get it......

no?

Anyways, great advice to every player +1

lol

Kronikor 03-15-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agulot (Hozzászólás 22076514)
Nice. Thanks for the tips.

No, thank you! Always happy to be able to contribute something beneficial to the community.

Glad everyone is finding this informative and helpful :)

The Diad 03-15-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronikor (Hozzászólás 22074320)
Tips N Tricks For Laning
6. How to go back CORRECTLY! Yes you can go back incorrectly, let me ask you this, how often do creep waves spawn? Do you know? If not - you are probably going back incorrectly every time...the answer is 30 seconds, at every :00 and :30 interval a wave spawns after the 1:30 minute mark - do you know which creep in a wave does the most damage? That one was more intuitive, the cannon obviously....pro tip - kill the cannon, and you can leave the lane assured your creeps will win automatically (if not being aggressively farmed), couple this with the timing of :40 seconds, and the NEXT wave will arrive in time to keep the lane in balance - i try to just see if there is a wave on the way before I leave, and if my creeps are winning. Then B. No tower damage on return :)

I am a fairly new player, and I admit this never really occurred to me. At least, not the precise timing. I had been just taking a quick look to see if there are reinforcements on the way, then B-ing. Now I can up my game!

PDiddy 03-15-2012 05:40 PM

is there an ideal time to back? The first back I mean.

tarlune 03-15-2012 06:46 PM

good tips specially the timing on when to go back