League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Can someone please carry a terrible support? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1915597)

Homomancy 03-14-2012 12:10 AM

Can someone please carry a terrible support?

I'm 1036 elo, I keep losing. I'm trying my best to learn and I'm admitting that I'm extremely bad. I ward stuff, buy the right items, and try my very best but I just can't seem to win. I just keep losing over and over again.

Is there any kind soul out there who is good, or at least in terms of elo help teach me this game more?

I'm so bad none of my friends want to even play this game with me...

aphronyaa 03-14-2012 12:20 AM

Just know, that at 1036 elo, you are better than many, many players still.

Homomancy 03-14-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WukongNyaa (Hozzászólás 22024394)
Just know, that at 1036 elo, you are better than many, many players still.

But my friends are still higher, and I just want to enjoy this game.

Hyosun 03-14-2012 03:29 AM

if you are that bad then you need to do things on your own. Just because some ad bot carries you doesn't mean you'll get better. Any ad carry who does carry you a bit will eventually leave and you'll find out you learned jack **** about all the things you need to know.

Learn to play Janna and search youtube for pro support vids like Xspecial or NhatNguyen ( spelling? ) and follow their guides.

SirTimbo 03-14-2012 05:36 AM

If you want to raise in elo play the easiest role, ranged AD support. All you need is to last hit. Support is probably harder than any role except maybe jungling as you need to be aware of all lanes and warn the carry ahead of time if they're coming and to keep the 22 enemies off your support so he can farm more easily.

If you really wanna support learn most if not all of them as they work well with different carries. Janna is decent all round if you don't know which one yours will pick, otherwise look for this.

Vayne: Taric, Alistar, Blitz, leona are the ideal laners as they can both catch and peel or reposition the enemy for your stun to compensate for your lower range.

Cait: Janna, sona, Ashe. With caits extra range she can harass more safely than any support so the extra damage from shield/aura is great. Support ashe works with her by adding in extra vfision, great poke, a perma slow (since ashe isn't getting damage items, leveling your slow is great on her) and very strong harass level 1-6. Also gets a great initiate if your team lacks it end game.

Kog: Soraka, Nunu. Either sustain to keep his spells up or a slow plus ms/as steroid to help him kite.

Sivir: Nunu, Janna, taric, leona, blitz. Sivir doesn't worry about harass too much, but does need a peeler with no CC or escapes of her own.

Corki/Tristana/ezreal: All three have great escapes and poke so will work well with almost any support.

Urgot: Taric/janna/soraka. Taric would be the best here as he can land the stun so Urgot can land his E everytime it's up, although a janna can also slow/knockup and put a shield on urgot for good results. Soraka can just help him keep spamming spells.

Twitch: This is a tough one, alistar if he plans to stay in the lane to peel off him, blitz if he wants to roam and gank, or janna to hold the lane if he plans on solo roaming alot early on, like say he hits level 3 and wants to mostly gank. You can also pick a strong solo laner if he doesn't plan on getting much CS like cho.

Kirielis 03-14-2012 05:43 AM

I'll play normals with you. Bet I can find a few things wrong before 5 minutes have passed.

I'm only a kind soul insofar as I'm willing to actually do this. I won't be nice in game, but I WILL tell you what you're doing that's so stupid. You have been warned.

Cpt Burrito 03-14-2012 10:49 AM

If someone carries you you don't get better. You should find an AD carry and consistently play with them. Work on comps, communication, and strategy. That may help you improve your game.

TheScouser 03-14-2012 10:55 AM

If you want to carry yourself learn how to play Irelia. 971 to 1146 elo in 4 days

Homomancy 03-14-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirTimbo (Hozzászólás 22028110)
If you want to raise in elo play the easiest role, ranged AD support. All you need is to last hit. Support is probably harder than any role except maybe jungling as you need to be aware of all lanes and warn the carry ahead of time if they're coming and to keep the 22 enemies off your support so he can farm more easily.

If you really wanna support learn most if not all of them as they work well with different carries. Janna is decent all round if you don't know which one yours will pick, otherwise look for this.

Vayne: Taric, Alistar, Blitz, leona are the ideal laners as they can both catch and peel or reposition the enemy for your stun to compensate for your lower range.

Cait: Janna, sona, Ashe. With caits extra range she can harass more safely than any support so the extra damage from shield/aura is great. Support ashe works with her by adding in extra vfision, great poke, a perma slow (since ashe isn't getting damage items, leveling your slow is great on her) and very strong harass level 1-6. Also gets a great initiate if your team lacks it end game.

Kog: Soraka, Nunu. Either sustain to keep his spells up or a slow plus ms/as steroid to help him kite.

Sivir: Nunu, Janna, taric, leona, blitz. Sivir doesn't worry about harass too much, but does need a peeler with no CC or escapes of her own.

Corki/Tristana/ezreal: All three have great escapes and poke so will work well with almost any support.

Urgot: Taric/janna/soraka. Taric would be the best here as he can land the stun so Urgot can land his E everytime it's up, although a janna can also slow/knockup and put a shield on urgot for good results. Soraka can just help him keep spamming spells.

Twitch: This is a tough one, alistar if he plans to stay in the lane to peel off him, blitz if he wants to roam and gank, or janna to hold the lane if he plans on solo roaming alot early on, like say he hits level 3 and wants to mostly gank. You can also pick a strong solo laner if he doesn't plan on getting much CS like cho.

Thank you for the advice

Homomancy 03-14-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirielis (Hozzászólás 22028193)
I'll play normals with you. Bet I can find a few things wrong before 5 minutes have passed.

I'm only a kind soul insofar as I'm willing to actually do this. I won't be nice in game, but I WILL tell you what you're doing that's so stupid. You have been warned.

But you're not level 30 though, what do you plan to do?