League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   My switch to support. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1911497)

Eion 03-12-2012 05:18 PM

My switch to support.

So, I have played this game for close to 6 months now with my friends who were much much better than me (all level 30 and playing in ranked games) and I tried what seemed like EVERYTHING AD carry, AP champs, Tanks, even jungling. I was honestly ready to give up about 2 weeks ago. I gave it one more chance last thursday and I tried Soraka I always thought support sounded boring and would be something I would be no good at. I instantly fell in love with this character, an average game for me before this would be something like 3/12/6 or something like that now I average over 30 assists a game and my team almost never loses.

necrose281 03-12-2012 06:22 PM

yep, thats why i support, you are a game changer, watching one of my alies about to die and throwing a kayle ult on them..... priceless

Hyosun 03-12-2012 08:46 PM

Yeah I've played this game for years and had not played support until just a few months ago. The more you play support the more you realize how much control you have over various aspects of the game if you play the role properly.

I have two suggestions: try Janna out sometime as well. Also get gold / 10 quints and perhaps even seals, and stack that on with philo stone and HoG. When your income is that high the wards and the team items you get are that much stronger.

metric crapton 03-13-2012 01:12 PM

I was playing in a game as Noc in a non-ranked. He's a 2nd tier champ for me. I love him but he doesn't love me. I do OK but not great. I ended up laneing bot with a Taric. I dunno where this guy was from, maybe he flew in from hi ELO land or something.

Walked up and right out of the gate warded the river and our close bush. It was like sunshine! He proceeded to let me last hit EVERYTHING, stunned stuff, buffed me. I crushed the lane. We downed the tower and I started roaming. WTF is that behind me? Holy ****! It's Taric!

He stuck with me the entire game and I rolfstomped everything. It was the most amazing game with Noc I've ever played.

Pro support changes everything

Kirielis 03-13-2012 04:57 PM

Supports are seriously game changing. It's awesome.

Zerthai 03-13-2012 05:34 PM

Still be able to play other roles but support is a pretty important role.

Asyrite 03-13-2012 05:38 PM

I am a 2.1k elo player. In order to get there I started with support. It's the role which teaches you positioning, map awareness, and game sense more out of any other (with jungle being a possible exception). Grats on finding your love in support! It would be ideal if everyone started there then worked their way up. I've now expanded into ad and ap but support still taught me the basics I needed to excel

Asyrite 03-13-2012 05:39 PM

btw, you should really try janna. She's the strongest support and her ultimate can be the difference between a victory or a defeat on many occasions

FoeHamm3r 03-13-2012 05:43 PM

I recently found love in Morgana as support. Its great because you keep the team alive and your usually not the first focus in a group fight so it give you time to think and react for more survivability.

Started off with squishy damage dealers but I found I like more hearty characters more.

Support FTW

Quick Rawr 03-13-2012 06:21 PM

Janna, Sona and Nunu are ones that you should try checking out! Playing in draft games I get forced into positions from time to time, support being a popular one, so I've come to love the position and learn a little bit more about how to force it in my favour. I love it (:

Sure is frustrating when you have a silly AD carry though that you have to babysit.