League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dominion Tier List for this day of 03-10-2012 (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1905586)

Geryth 03-10-2012 12:59 PM

Dominion Tier List for this day of 03-10-2012

It's no longer 03/10/2012, this tier list is no longer valid. Move along.

Just calling it as I see it, for this particular point in time, for solo queueing in the 1850 range. I'm not claiming legitimacy or correctness, heck, I probably missed a champion or two. But here's my two cents, and I think anyone new to Dominion might benefit from it.:

Edit: Moving the following paragraph ABOVE the tier list, so people might actually read it before commenting:

The tiers aren't exactly in any particular order. I couldn't really list them in a best-to-worst order in the same tier because of different roles like Janna vs. Pantheon, completely different jobs and team comps lead to completely different results. For example, Shyvana is "at the bottom" of tier 2, I'm not calling her worse than say Lee Sin or Morgana. They are all equally deemed "Tier 2". Please consider this before commenting "Wtfz Shaco should be above Jax."

Tier 1 - These are champions that are banned or picked nearly every match, have very little counters, and carry teams to victory. You want them banned or on your team:
  • Rammus, Warwick, Kassadin, Wukong, Urgot, Poppy, Yorick

Tier 2 - This tier is big, because so many champions are actually viable in Dominion. These are champions that solidly perform every time and mix in just about any team comp:
  • Pantheon, Shen, Blitzcrank, Jarvan, Maokai, Ryze, Talon, Irelia, Gragas, Malzahar, Fiora, Udyr, Jax, Skarner, Riven, Vayne, Kog'maw, Ezreal, Graves, Alistar, Karthus, Ahri, Leblanc, Cassiopeia, Janna, Soraka, Sona, Karma, Morgana, Fizz, Lux, Shaco, Singed, Lee Sin, Kayle, Rumble, Caitlyn, Ashe, Shyvana

Tier 3 - These are champions that either take more skill to be successful with or work as good counter picks, but enemies generally have more options to deal with them.
  • Ziggs, Akali, Gangplank, Mordekaiser, Miss Fortune, Fiddlesticks, Sion, Sivir, Brand, Twisted Fate, Twitch, Renekton, Garen, Xin Zhao, Nocturne, Heimerdinger, Volibear, Malphite, Master Yi, Tryndamere, Katarina, Kennen, Swain, Nautilus, Teemo, Nasus, Nidalee, Viktor, Xerath, Nunu, Olaf, Sejuani, Evelyn

Tier 4 - Champions that I haven't really seen perform exceptionally well
  • Orianna, Annie, Veigar, Vladimir,

Honorable mentions: Champions I'm sure can place well but I haven't personally seen them action enough to know where they fit.:
  • Mundo, Anivia, Amumu, Cho'Gath, Corki, Galio, Leona, Zilean, Trundle, Tristana, Taric,

Whi 03-10-2012 01:06 PM

Somewhat decent tier list but i feel like it's not in order though.

Geryth 03-10-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whi (Hozzászólás 21907192)
Somewhat decent tier list but i feel like it's not in order though.

Champions in the wrong tier or a single tier in the wrong order? I didn't order each tier individually, a list would better serve by listing tiers per role in that case (i.e. Bruisers: Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3; AP Carries: Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 etc.)

Yaladilae 03-10-2012 01:15 PM

Its funny how Gangplank was used to be heavily banned has now become tier 3, because 4% crtical chance was removed from mastery???

Geryth 03-10-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaladilae (Hozzászólás 21907446)
Its funny how Gangplank was used to be heavily banned has now become tier 2, because 4% crtical chance was removed from mastery???

Gangplank has never been the same since atmogs was removed from dominion.

Staralfur 03-10-2012 01:26 PM

my poor nidalee :(

Hugs From Momma 03-10-2012 01:30 PM

Doesn't seem right to have J4 and Pantheon in the same group with Karthus and Morgana.

Geryth 03-10-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma (Hozzászólás 21907818)
Doesn't seem right to have J4 and Pantheon in the same group with Karthus and Morgana.

Karthus is probably misplaced but Morgana can hold her own in bot and is great for top.

Viktoree 03-10-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geryth (Hozzászólás 21908202)
Karthus is probably misplaced but Morgana can hold her own in bot and is great for top.

Karthus is a beast in Dominion, he belongs right where he is.

CommodoreSkippy 03-10-2012 02:23 PM

Amumu should definitely be moved to Tier 2. He is VERY hard to move out of place if played right.