League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   How do you support THAT? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1903459)

Bukumber Express 03-09-2012 07:51 PM

How do you support THAT?

Occasionally I have to play support for someone who doesn't appear to have any intention of fighting enemy champions. I tell them that my job is to pretty much make sure they don't die, even if it means taking the fall for them. But I still get players who are adamant on hugging the turret and only venturing out to kill creeps if there is no enemy champion in sight. I end up pushing the lane more than the AD/AP carry and I feel like that's a bit of a problem. Plus, if they're not trying to attack at any point, then I don't really benefit either, so what we end up with is an unfed carry and unfed support while the opposing team has two nicely fed champions.

So my question is, what should I be doing as support in these types of situations? Is it okay if I just abandon them to help feed a champion who is actually being productive or should I stick it out and just let the opposing team romp our lane while playing "defend the turret"?

Haen 03-09-2012 07:57 PM

That depends on who you're supporting as well.

If you're supporting Vayne in a lane vs MF. Then farming all day and not going for kills is absolutely the right choice for Vayne. MF has a way better early game. If you can farm equally, really it means you win.

Do you place wards out? If they're not venturing out from tower, is it cause they don't feel safe? I mean if something is warded, I have no idea why an AD carry or anyone wouldn't feel safe pushing out at least a little.

Foodhi 03-09-2012 10:01 PM

Feeding an AD carry does not mean getting a bunch of kills. There is nothing wrong with sitting under a tower for the first 20 minutes of a game if they are getting equal or greater CS than the enemy AD carry. Now if you're talking about a guy who is too scared to even attempt to last hit and is falling behind in CS then I would say roam, gank, and ward for all the lanes.

P4R4D0X 03-09-2012 11:41 PM

This doesn't happen to me occasionally, this happens roughly 80% of the time I support. I end up having to play AP Soraka because whatever idiot I get stuck supporting refuses to move from the turret. I try warding, buying support items, and holding their **** hand, but nothing ever works. Some people are absolutely determined to suck at laning, I swear to God.

angryWelchMan 03-12-2012 11:33 AM

I can't decided which is worse; ad carries who don't last hit so were at their turret all them time or this?

BlackJesus101 03-12-2012 08:28 PM

NEVER EVER push the lane as support if ur ad carry fails its bad luck but if u push u will make it even worse i cannot stress this point enough people

PS: unless of course they are elsewhere in mid-late game and ur team is trying to push lanes but still dont take cs when other people on ur team could take it instead

Galivet 03-13-2012 09:49 AM

Against some champ combos in bottom lane a support + carry will just feed if they try to be aggressive. In particular Vayne has a weak early game against most every other champ and can only be aggressive if an enemy champ gets into a position where she can condemn for the stun.

During champion select you should pay attention to what the other team chooses and which AD champ your team chooses. It's not always the right choice play a support like Janna or Sona. Sometimes Alistair is better, and sometimes it's better to play a non-support altogether. You have time during champ select to ask the AD whether he plans to be aggressive or whether he plans to focus on getting CS and adjust your own plan accordingly.