League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Que dodge is an odd thing. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1900461)

BurntWalrus 03-08-2012 11:51 PM

Que dodge is an odd thing.

So this is an odd story. My friend que dodges all the time for w/e reason. If he feels the slightest possibility people are bad or that he doesn't get his char he's gone.

However he never gets a punishment. I instantly que up with him after.
------------------

Now i just got done playing a 30 minute game with a lvl 30 and his lvl 7 friend who FED LIKE HE WAS DOING IT FOR CHARITY. I believe his death count was 18 by minute 20.

So you know what, after the game i simply went on my way and re-qued.

Lo and behold i get the same person and his still level 7 friend. So i que dodged. I was not going to play another match with his friend who was supposedly "good". (yeah, right) I simply quit and i came back. I pretty much never dodge unless i just 100% know i will not enjoy the game.(meaning i have to know the players).

[5minute ban]
--------------------------------------

Now talking this over with my friend I was curious as to why i get a small infraction and he never gets anything. I guess repeat offenders get a discount, idk.

The question i have for you all is:

Should que dodging get punished when feeding, afking, quitting, and such are not?

I mean i have not once seen an afk ban for any amount of time, neither have a seen a quit ban or any other from my friends.

Should que dodging get a ban when afk/feeding/quitting doesn't?

Bttc 03-09-2012 12:54 AM

You did not get banned for queue dodging. You can queue dodge all you want, all you face is the 5+ min sitting out period.

Phistagon 03-09-2012 12:39 PM

he is asking why sometimes people get a 5 minute sitting out period and sometimes there is no sitting out period. they can instantly reque after a dodge

BurntWalrus 03-09-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikolaou13 (Hozzászólás 21873506)
he is asking why sometimes people get a 5 minute sitting out period and sometimes there is no sitting out period. they can instantly reque after a dodge

well also that and how come there is no minute ban for afking/quitting.

FatTurtle 03-09-2012 06:32 PM

There is... It's at least 1440 minutes.

SephĂŻroth 03-12-2012 05:37 PM

Should be 15 minutes for afk/leavers and 1 min for que dodging. Que dodging should be almost have incentives. People who are obvious trolls ruin the game, it will keep them from being so annoying from the start.

Blood of Oring 03-12-2012 06:59 PM

Don't you lose Elo for Dodging Ranked Q's? Or is all this talk just about Normal Q's?

SacredWinds 03-12-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blood of Oring (Hozzászólás 21981176)
Don't you lose Elo for Dodging Ranked Q's? Or is all this talk just about Normal Q's?

I believe he is talking about normal queue dodges.

deirin 03-13-2012 08:56 AM

i actually get more than 5 min for que dodging...

idk why...its kinda weird sometimes when u que dodge a lot u get higuer time i dont get it...like 10-15 min (never got a ban though)

but i kind of never heard of ppl with no timer or no elo lost after que dodging

and i dont think there is any timer for afking/quitting.

SC x CptTwuitles 03-13-2012 10:21 AM

Some times I get 5 minutes and some times I don't get a time out at all. I think that the client for LoL may try to see if you DC'ed or if you actually quit out of LoL and then gives you your time-out based on what it finds. I don't know if that is true, but that is the only reason I can think of.