League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Need Advice, always under level as support. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1894507)

boonjamin 03-07-2012 05:23 AM

Need Advice, always under level as support.

Hey all,

I always find myself under level as support even if I'm not dieing. Is this typical and does anyone have advice? Do I need to pickup the + exp for kills and assists in the utility line?

thanks!

Bigpuddintatters 03-07-2012 06:23 AM

As the team support you are, by rights, the team SAINT: how dare you want exp. you take your gold per 5 items and your two bits of who-hash, too small for rats, and sit in the corner and think about what you've done. I suppose you want a rabadons death cap too, huh?

If the game would allow: if you COULD donate gold and exp to your team, then as a support you SHOULD. (metaphorically speaking: I know there would be flaws in that)

boonjamin 03-07-2012 06:30 AM

I'm sick of being under level for mid game team fights. Thanks for the cute response, it was cute. Anyone have something useful to say?

Soundchaos 03-07-2012 06:32 AM

It's pretty common to be the lowest level on your team as the support (if you're not, something is going very wrong for someone). Not only are you in a duo lane, you also spend a considerable amount of time placing and clearing wards throughout the match while your teammates are still farming their lanes/jungle. While you're out of xp range, you are giving your carry intermittent periods of solo xp, which is an indirect way of supporting him/her. Expect to be about two levels behind your carry at the end of lane phase and three to four levels behind your solo lanes depending on how long the lane phase lasts.

uRLgR3Y 03-07-2012 11:37 AM

If you don't already you should take Utility masteries. Bonus start gold and gold per 5 helps and on top of that you can take bonus exp. Also maybe consider buying experience quints? You'd be able to stay on par level wise better.

Arlowne 03-07-2012 11:43 AM

I personally find the kills and assist exp talent very lackluster. A bonus 40 exp per kill or assist is equivalent to ~1 to 2 creeps and will rarely make a difference unless you're in a kill lane. (In which case it still won't be monumental.) On the other hand, it does cost only a single point.

As a support though, you do want to give your duo lane partner as much solo-exp as possible while still not being too far behind. During a teamfight, unless you're going Leona, Nunu, or other type of supports that need to be in the thick of it all, you shouldn't be at all close to the fighting. Learn better positioning to offset the fact that you're thin as a toothpick.

Josh09I 03-07-2012 01:03 PM

God bless you for playing support in the first place. more people need to. and While the exp ulitity tree doesnt help out a huge amount simply being there for every team fight you will level up with everyone. And worst case senario they enemys target you instead of the carry because you are squishier. honestly I love when i get focused as support beause the carry that i fed because of it will destroy the enemy team. And as for the laning phase just stay in the bushes within the exp range. the exp quints are a waste of ip and a rune slot tho.

Yossarianct22 03-07-2012 04:05 PM

that's the nice thing about most supports you retain utility even when your level and item count are low I've even seen supports with winning lanes purposefully zone themselves to give the carry more experience.

boonjamin 03-07-2012 07:12 PM

Thanks all, nice to know that this is common.

IshiFox 03-07-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boonjamin (Hozzászólás 21788920)
I'm sick of being under level for mid game team fights. Thanks for the cute response, it was cute. Anyone have something useful to say?

Awareness in the utility tree... It's not rocket science!