League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Fiora is bad in SR. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1874378)

BurntWalrus 02-29-2012 05:00 PM

Fiora is bad in SR.

Ok first off lets take her abilities.

Duelist-Passive: regen on hit.

-This passive BLOWS. It not only incredibly bad, its pretty much worthless. Why? Because it has supremely bad regen. I mean really, really bad. It doesn't stack for minions.
So you know how warrick gets that nice minion regen? Think that only 1/10 and its not per hit, its per second.(literally).

Lunge:
-This move, is quite useful. But should never be done over 1 till you later. Why? Because the most damage it has is 180 per hit.(able to use twice). Thats 360. Now i know your thinking "but it gets you close to an opponent". True......but at what cost?
1. Fiora is not tanky in the least bit.
2. If you lunge for initiation you willy most likely die.
3. Overall damage wise its horrible in comparison per rank.

Riposte: Attack dmg increase and can reflect an auto attack back dealing magical dmg.

Your anti-ad skill. AWESOME RIGHT? No.... Its trash. Why? Because:

1. You aren't going to win 1v1 auto vs anyone since you are one if not the most flimsy AD with absolutely no escape mechanism whatsoever, or regen.
2. Any proper AD will have at least a lil bit of MR to counter the heavy AP champs.
3. The base AD bonus......sucks. Its great for the first level but then goes up by 5 the next. You basically gain some bonus AD which isn't bad, but isn't something to shout home about either. 50 AD is nice, but compared to passive attack speed its kinda shotty.

Burst of speed:

Awesome increase AS and totally kickass increase in movement speed.......for 3 seconds. It resets if you kill but... for 3 seconds.

Do i need to say more? Its nice but its for 3 seconds. Meaning any escape mech will work. So goodbye nice shiny attack speed/movement speed buff. You last so short that rarely if ever will you actually beat anyone else in dps. You know for working for 3 seconds, unless you build AS its pretty much only 2-3 hits more than your regular auto. Not only that, it doesn't reset on minions, so yeah, goodbye cs.

Blade Waltz(ultimate):

Like master yi's alpha strike only it does.......more, has a super long c/d and whats this: is reduced for attacks against the same person.

While this also seems pretty great, its pretty weak sauce in comparison to most carries or ad champs ult's.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In summary: this champion has less utility, less damage, a HORRIBLE passive(seriously, its pretty bad when its not even above +15 regen at lvl 18), and is an extremely painful character to build AD as her anti-minion abilities are zilch and vs champions she is easily done in.

Riot, please try harder next time. If you still allow champions like tryndamere to run rampant, at least make the new champions "competitive" in a sense or at least make a high skill high reward.

Seenan 02-29-2012 05:14 PM

>high skill high reward.
>Fiora = second Yi.

Lol.

BurntWalrus 02-29-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seenan (Hozzászólás 21562432)
>high skill high reward.
>Fiora = second Yi.

Lol.

Uh........ fiora is an auto attacker she's deffinitely not high skill.

xXxchoujixXx 02-29-2012 05:59 PM

Honestly shes quite over powered. the point behind being a not so tanky meele is so that she has to sacrifice some rune slots and some mastery points into being tanky.

Secondly yes she takes skill, the whole point of Fiora is to -like a duelist- find the most opportune moment to strike and take the fight. she completely overpowers a lot of champs excellent jungler and an even more amazing laner. shes an overall good character. i would suggest nerfing some things. First maybe her burst of speed could last less or it could be at the sacrifice of your attacks dealing 80% dmg. but otherwise if you did not win with her you are just a bad player who need long sessions of practice against bots.

BBTimeless 02-29-2012 06:10 PM

1. You are forgetting how much damage Riposte adds in addition to ability itself. It is HUGE and active is just icing on the cake.
2. Three seconds is a LONG time at 60%+ attack speed. Have you tried it on a tower?
3. Her ult can hit multiple targets for a large sum of damage, multiple times, takes you out of tower agro, makes you untargetable, AND applies on hit effects. Seriously dude, wtf else do you want?!
4. Anti minion is nothing, really? That huge boost to attack speed isn't enough? Tag on some life steal and you can lane forever.

My guess is you tried her once, had a bad game, and here you are. Just my .02.

WThrall 02-29-2012 07:34 PM

Fiora is so ****ing OP...when u ult u get a bajillion seconds being untargetable and making alot of damage....her regen is also insane if u consider that skill that makes her atk rly fast for 3secs...

BurntWalrus 02-29-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBTimeless (Hozzászólás 21564640)
1. You are forgetting how much damage Riposte adds in addition to ability itself. It is HUGE and active is just icing on the cake.
2. Three seconds is a LONG time at 60%+ attack speed. Have you tried it on a tower?
3. Her ult can hit multiple targets for a large sum of damage, multiple times, takes you out of tower agro, makes you untargetable, AND applies on hit effects. Seriously dude, wtf else do you want?!
4. Anti minion is nothing, really? That huge boost to attack speed isn't enough? Tag on some life steal and you can lane forever.

My guess is you tried her once, had a bad game, and here you are. Just my .02.

1. Yeah its 35 AD. Big woop.
2. Uh.......any auto attack can take down a tower fast. Hell you can take it down with an ap fast later too.
3. Her ult is great, except you kinda missed the part where its a long cooldown and being untargetable is nice, but most AP's have a better aoe to BEGIN WITH not to mention they can do it more often and its not their ult.
4. 3 seconds. You can't even take out a minion wave in 3 seconds with an auto attack, even if you 1 hit them.
----------------------------------------------------------------
now i'll admit in dominion she's pretty nice.

But in SR, she's a late bloomer and not anywhere near the other guys.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe i should make this clear:

Yeah she's GREAT if you get every item you want!*(the meaning of carry)

But still not as good as the other carries, has no utility, and has a horrible passive. Not to mention she has mana........

pkGosu 02-29-2012 08:20 PM

I looked this person up and has only played AI games, and isn't level 30....

Dark Ajax 02-29-2012 09:03 PM

A couple of fioras i played against yesterday were okay but a few got a few early kills and just snowballed... she looks pretty strong and yeah its all about timing getting into the fight...

Solonor 02-29-2012 09:46 PM

I have heard she is op but I remember the true op champs I remember old jax old twitch old xin just to name a few... this new champ is nothing next to them.