League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 30

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Malzahar and his ult (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1869731)

Randomocity132 02-28-2012 03:24 PM

Malzahar and his ult

Yes, I know it's old news, but it's still not fixed.
Champions like Nautilus and Udyr are still auto-attacking malzahar to interrupt his ult.

I understand if it was Annie shooting a stunned fireball in mid-air as I begin to ult; that makes sense. But not melee.

Malzahar's ult is a SUPPRESSION. Melee champions should not be able to interrupt that with an auto-attack.

The stun either needs to prevent Malzahar from ulting, or the target's auto-attack needs to be cancelled. There is no reason for an Udyr to be able to Bear stance stun his way out of Malzahar's ult.

For clarity: The target of the suppression should not be able to use an ability or auto attack to interrupt the suppression. If Malzahar ults a fiddlesticks, and then Udyr hits Malzahar, that makes sense. If Malzahar ults Udyr, and Udyr hits Malzahar, that doesn't make sense.

tl;dr Suppression not working as intended, make suppression applied as soon as the cooldown is used.

Edit: Nautilus is fixed, but as of Dec 21, Riven's broken wings knockback is still managing to break Malzahar's ult, when Riven is the target of Malzahar's ult. Riven should not be able to cast a spell while suppressed. Since she still casts it, she isn't suppressed. Since she isn't suppressed, Malzahar didn't manage to get his ult off. So WHY does it go on cooldown when it is broken in this fashion? This event happened 3 times in the course of my last game. Udyr is also a repeat offender. Suppression either needs to be applied sooner and stop their action, or, if their action goes through, he should still have the CD. The target of a suppression should not be able to free himself with cc unless it's delayed CC like Zyra's, or GP's oranges.

Edit 2:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Randomocity132 (Hozzászólás 34040601)
Like the 2 other channeled suppressions, being Warwick's and Urgot's, they make the champion channeling stationary and unable to take any other actions for the whole duration of it, to get off a really strong effect. They are risky, powerful, there are not many of them, and they are all ultimates. They need to take precedence over other abilities already in motion.

Other examples would include a Warwick jumping to a Singed or Udyr with his ult, and them flinging or bear-stance stunning him, which is also absolutely absurd.

This is less of an issue about Malzahar, and more about suppression as a mechanic. Malzahar just happens to be the one most frequently suffering from the way suppression currently works.

Edit 4: Most recently, I played against a Malzahar as Fiddlesticks in an ARAM, and while he was ulting me, I managed to break his ult with my fear. This does not have a travel time, obviously, and I know that I broke an ult already in progress because I took the first tick of damage from nether grasp. This is a problem.

Edit 3: Don't be one of these people. Don't post if you don't know what a suppression is.
Quote:

Originally Posted by L2P Mate (Hozzászólás 34262840)
So you're saying Udyr shouldn't have a reliant stun? You are so fking stupid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garwai (Hozzászólás 33354578)
I hope you understand that Udyr's autoattack is a STUN and that's just Nautilus' passive. It can stop Katarina's ult too, but you don't see anyone else complaining.

Quote:

Originally Posted by florrie (Hozzászólás 32712959)
It's actually working exactly as intended, so with your logic then Katarina/Karthus/any other channeled ult should be un-crowd controllable.

HeartlessXiao 02-28-2012 03:26 PM

If his autoattack and your ult go off at the same time, it's going to get canceled just like with any channeled spell. If you think Malz is bad, imagine what Galio must feel like. At least Malz only gets his ult canceled if you don't have the reaction speed to catch them before they get in your face.

A Small Neko 02-28-2012 03:26 PM

Palzahar just wants some friends. ):

Randomocity132 02-28-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeartlessXiao (Hozzászólás 21513292)
If his autoattack and your ult go off at the same time, it's going to get canceled just like with any channeled spell. If you think Malz is bad, imagine what Galio must feel like. At least Malz only gets his ult canceled if you don't have the reaction speed to catch them before they get in your face.

I don't think malzahar is bad.

I think that suppression stops champions from attacking.

If udyr really was suppressed, he wouldn't be able to attack. No stun. Full ult.

If udyr is not suppressed yet, my ult has not gone off. Stun. Then full ult.

He is not getting suppressed if he's interrupting Malzahar's ult with an auto-attack.

Malzahar's ult has 0 channel time before it comes out. It's not like Morgana's where you can miss it in that .5 channel before damage. Malzahar's suppression is the instant you click them. And then it channels for damage.

Also, a taunt is pretty much the opposite of a suppression, since they are SUPPOSED to attack you.

thumbnail9 02-28-2012 03:34 PM

Are you sure you didn't accidentally cancel it cause I did that like a jillion times.

SkttLes 02-28-2012 03:36 PM

I've had this happen so many times, its so frustrating. The best is landing E > W > R on like a singed or something and having them go lolno and flipping you anyway.

Randomocity132 02-28-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumbnail9 (Hozzászólás 21513653)
Are you sure you didn't accidentally cancel it cause I did that like a jillion times.

It's easy to do, yes. But when twice in the same game I dump all my abilities into Udyr, and then ult, and then press no keys, he makes a bear sound, and I get the stun swirls above my head, I'm pretty sure I didn't cancel it.

Absogotdanglutel 02-28-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apathetîc (Hozzászólás 21513310)
Palzahar just wants some friends. ):

heard mumu was friendly

Cromathor 02-28-2012 03:37 PM

It's a turn speed problem I'm pretty sure.

The time it takes for Malzahar to turn around sometimes makes him cast before he's perfectly in line, but the supression doesn't go through until he is.

Randomocity132 02-28-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cromathor (Hozzászólás 21513771)
It's a turn speed problem I'm pretty sure.

The time it takes for Malzahar to turn around sometimes makes him cast before he's perfectly in line, but the supression doesn't go through until he is.

Not really sure what you mean by this.