League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How to join the PVP chat with pidgin (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1868165)

WhatTh3Fork 02-28-2012 02:49 AM

How to join the PVP chat with pidgin

First of all, if you Roiters donīt like it here, just delete it. If you will not delete this in the next week Iīll assume I can post this elsewhere too and that its legal to use. So here we go:

Hey guys,

The topic says it, this is a guide on how to access the PVP chat with the open source chat program pidgin. You will be able to do this with other chat programs which are able to handle XMPP.

So the first thing you need to do is download pidgin. You can find it here: http://www.pidgin.im/download/
Now add a new account.
Change the protocol to XMPP.
Username is your league of legends log in name.
Domain is "pvp.net" without the ".
Resource is xiff.
Password is AIR_"your league of legends password" so if your league of legends password is 1234 its AIR_1234.
Connection security (donīt know how its called in english because my pidgin is installed in german) you have to set to "Force SSL (old-style)".
The Port need to be set at 5223.
Servers are Server: chat.na1.lol.riotgames.com (for NA) chat.eu.lol.riotgames.com (for EU West) Server: chat.eun1.lol.riotgames.com (for EU Nordic/East)

To this point all credits need to go to Jabe because all its written here he made up first and I got most of the information by him!

So now you are able to join the PVP chat and chat. But from at this point you canīt go for any public chats.
You can get a list searching all chats at conference.pvp.net but there all cryptic names and stuff. You canīt sort them anyhow and you will see TONS of chats. I had big trouble solving this problem but the german wrenchmen AmShager was able to help me here.

All public chats have the same first part. This is: "pu~".
The second part is the chat name you want to join but you have to set all big letters to small letters. So if you want to join "DominateDominion" you have to set it to "dominatedominion". Now you need to hash it with the SHA-1 method. Just googled one website which helps us here: http://www.hashgenerator.de/. Now we know the second part is "e60006fb1aaec9264557b8203839407f17825b78".

Now we can put both together and this in join chat. Room is: "pu~e60006fb1aaec9264557b8203839407f17825b78". The rest of the options should be in there already. If its not just choose the XMPP-LOL account and it should do the trick.

The third part is another one i didnīt make up myself. Its made up by several guys at reddit but donīt know anyone of them anymore. So i canīt give the credits but I want to point out that I didnīt invent this stuff.

Your status needs to look like this:

<body><profileIcon>28</profileIcon><statusMsg></statusMsg><level>1</level><wins>1337</wins><leaves>0</leaves><queueType>RANKED_SOLO_5x5</queueType><rankedWins>1337</rankedWins><rankedLosses>0</rankedLosses><rankedRating>1337</rankedRating><tier>PLATINUM</tier><skinname>Annie</skinname><gameStatus>inGame</gameStatus><timeStamp>1317686957096</timeStamp></body>

profileIcon can go from 1-28.
statusMsg you can put in whatever you want to.
level weirdly enough can go from -30 to 30.
wins, leaves, rankedWins, rankedLosses, rankedRating, timestamp you just can put any number you want.
tier is self explaining i guess.
queueType is shown as the game you are actually in.
skinname is the champion which is shown like you are playing it in that game.
gameStatus should be self explaining too.

If you mess up with any of this, this can make you shown in chat with a blank status.

I hope this helps. Iīm from Germany so english isnīt my native language and the NA server is just for chatting here because you guys at dominatedominion chat rocks!

WhatTh3Fork 02-28-2012 10:46 AM

bump

WhatTh3Fork 02-29-2012 06:35 AM

bump

WhatTh3Fork 02-29-2012 12:19 PM

bump

WhatTh3Fork 03-04-2012 02:25 PM

bump

GBolt 0 03-18-2012 05:06 AM

This was quite useful. Quite exploitable, though. Gonna be worked up soon. Meanwhile...

basod 04-01-2012 12:50 PM

Bump. For mac users, you can use adium.

It is possible to go on both accounts in NA and EU but you'll need different usernames.

Wisknort 08-21-2012 01:37 AM

B-b-b-b-bump!

I got told most of this, but had to find the chat server myself.
Oh, yeah, that isn't actually stated explicitly: For chats, once you've given them the pu~<sha> name, they're @conference.pvp.net
(People should be able to figure it out from this post though.)

Anyway, who wants to learn how to write plugins for Pidgin? With this info, we could write up a Jabber-based protocol that gives extra things - such as proper handling for receiving chat requests, and no CDATA around messages in chat rooms.

Oh, and now it's not working under Xubuntu for me... I've poked in everything correctly. Old-style SSL gives me an error about the SSL connection, anything else just gives me a "could not connect" message.
Pidgin version: 2.10.3
Xubuntu version: I don't know. But after restarting to complete the update to 12.04, the problem has gone away. I'm in!

Cholelsterol 11-01-2012 10:24 PM

sweet. is there a way to make it remember chat rooms so I dont have to keep hashing every time?

Shadow of Time 12-12-2012 09:44 AM

I can't seem to join the dominion chat room. I would use my lol client, except the machine I'm using has 20th century graphics card, meaning it doesn't have pixel shadder 2.0.
When I try and join said room at the conference.pvp.net I get a new chat room with just little me in it. Some clarification on how to join public chats would be most helpful :)