League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Duo Bot Counter Picks? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1862741)

PrincessIrelia 02-26-2012 11:15 AM

Duo Bot Counter Picks?

I was just hoping for people's oppinions on team comps and their picks for duo bot. I feel like Ez is countered kind of hard by trist, but Trist has problems vs graves. I think Ez counters graves though. I think Corki hard counters ashe, because of his E and constant R on ashe, so she's constantly being out damaged. Ashe seems more of like a utility champ, to be played with some one like nocturne, tf, or karthus. MF counters kog, but kog counters lanes without sustain.

I don't know sivirs counters too well, but I know she counters taric in lane. I was also wondering about ranged AD kennen, and who does he counter in duo bot.

If ya'll have any more tips, just write them here :)

ADGarner 02-26-2012 11:34 AM

Hey PrincessIrelia,

There's a pretty good site put up by Curse that only allows articles by professional players to write. In every category you can read about counters. It's called LoLPro. Check it out.

However for Duo Lane I really think the counters are more determined by the support picks. Caitlyn for example has a really long range and can safely harass from a distance. If she's paired with Taric she can really lay down the hurt with all those stuns with out ever putting herself at risk.

Soraka could keep Taric Silenced and can heal+armor most of Caitlyn's harass away. So she's a pretty good pick provided she can survive the occasional Taric Stun.

PrincessIrelia 02-26-2012 12:02 PM

I agree with that, but also I would say madreds on some of the heavier dmg ranged ads works well vs cait. For example, you can get madreds/wriggles on trist or kog to counter caits dmg. I'm not 100% for sure, but I feel like you can dive a lot of the time on on cait once you get the wriggles if there aren't many minions, and the lane has been going even with cs.

PrincessIrelia 02-26-2012 12:06 PM

I saw a progame recently where one team went ad kennen vs sivir bot lane. Any sivir players think this is viable/annoying? I know the kennen won the lane, but I can't say if kennen would always win the lane. It seems like something people wouldn't practice much against.

ADGarner 02-26-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessIrelia (Hozzászólás 21428477)
I agree with that, but also I would say madreds on some of the heavier dmg ranged ads works well vs cait. For example, you can get madreds/wriggles on trist or kog to counter caits dmg. I'm not 100% for sure, but I feel like you can dive a lot of the time on on cait once you get the wriggles if there aren't many minions, and the lane has been going even with cs.

By Madreds I'm assuming you actually mean Wriggles. Cause Madreds in lane doesn't provide enough damage against the poke. Wriggles is often used when you're expecting the lane poke to be very aggressive. You slow down your item build in favor of sustain. I've seen this a lot on Kogmaw. Also helps relieve ward pressure on your support.

However no matter how you look at it. Madreds 13 damage and costs more than Pick Axe 25 damage. Madreds builds in to Bloodrazor or Wriggles. Pick Axe builds in to Infinity Edge. Wriggles 1600 gold. BF Sword 1600 gold.

Item picks can slow you down if you try to pose them as your only counter. In your original post you asked about counters I was assuming champion counters. I still stick to my thought that in general it's the support that defines bottom lane. If Sona is non stop harass and healing off the trade that defines the lane a lot. It's a matter of trying to find ways to make those trades unfavorable for her. I've seen Nunu for example played against Sona to make her regret non-stop poke.

PrincessIrelia 02-26-2012 12:27 PM

Madreds does give you 23 armor, and you don't have to build it into a bloodrazor/wriggles. Also the lifesteal it gives you, makes it so you have really good lane sustain. I do agree with you on the BF sword or pick axe, but I feel almost as if there is a small time, where you will have the odds of sending your opponent back right before they get the gold for a BF. I also think you have the lane advantage a lot of the time if they do go for just the pick axe.

PrincessIrelia 02-26-2012 12:33 PM

I think a lot of the supports are picked off of which ranged ad you pick though. I do see soraka getting picked often if there is a karthus though, same for sivir. I feel like the bot lane is the most important lane, because it has 2 champs, and generally atleast 1-2 assists each time there's a kill.

PrincessIrelia 03-01-2012 10:35 PM

What about support cass?