League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Yorick help! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1859607)

2hKO 02-25-2012 12:07 PM

Yorick help!

i bought yorick and i have won 2 game and lost about 4 games with him which is bad. Late game he's really **** and I can't kill anyone. In one game trynd beat me in top lane and then destroyed our whole team. I kind of regret buying him as 6300 IP just got wasted. Help is extremely appreciated

karliots 02-25-2012 02:03 PM

In solo top with yorick u just need some mana.
If u keep summoning your death people they ll destroy your enemy.
Also try gank and tank mid tower with your ulti ghost so u can give a kill to your mid.
Yorick is a very good champ

2hKO 02-25-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karliots (Hozzászólás 21396614)
In solo top with yorick u just need some mana.
If u keep summoning your death people they ll destroy your enemy.
Also try gank and tank mid tower with your ulti ghost so u can give a kill to your mid.
Yorick is a very good champ

i need a good build.

GOD SlN 02-25-2012 04:08 PM

Start with a meki pendant and two health potions. First back buy tear, ward then boots whenever you have money. Build tear into Manamune. Build Atmogs. Build Trinity and GA. Press R on your carry and win.

HipHopIsDead 02-26-2012 01:36 AM

dont start mana items ever, always start boots, i go 21 defense and 9 offense. TP/flash as summoners and you want to build tear first and thanalways build accordingly. Since your probably top lane and are against AD, I usually go for a glacial shroud after manamune to synergize the mana with ad. Shurelyias isnt actually that bad of an item on him for the mana regen, and utility. It can help you kil; a lot of ppl in lane and escape. IF your winning your lane I usually rush a trin force, if im losing i rush warmogs. Build him like any bruiser and generally you want to ultimate your ad carry to get the most dmg out of your ghosts. Yorick ruins so many ppl in lane its halarious.

HipHopIsDead 02-26-2012 01:38 AM

also smartcast your spells, it makes using your e and combo for survival and kiting so much easier

Dub Rio 02-26-2012 03:46 PM

I was wondering about Yorick's Ult. I saw that it summons a ghost of a champion, and if that champion dies the ghoul sacrifices himself to keep the champion alive. A few questions:

Who is it best to use that ult on? A bruiser or AD carry? If you use it on yourself, will the ghoul sacrifice for you?

Also, since Yorick seems to benefit from AD, is to best to build AD items or just stick to defensive tank builds?

Since you want to build an early Tear, do you teleport back once you have enough gold for that so you can start snowballing mana?

PhreakInfinity 02-26-2012 05:10 PM

3v3 or 5v5: Build an early tear, get merc treds. finish manamune, Atmogs or trinity after that, players preference.

Dom: Same build, however if you prefer it is sometimes more viable to get Tiamat than manamune. As Tiamat is slightly cheaper and mune is only better at full stacks wich may not happen in shorter dom games.

With regards to his ulti, It's best to use it on an AD carry. Best case they ignore it and it dishes out high damage, worst case they burst it down quickly and are forced to wait for cooldowns.

Furthermore some players have problems with his ult as they view it as a defensive mechanic. It is useful in that regard but can really increase Yorick's DPS as well. I find the best time to use it is not when you fear death, because most players will just book it from your reincarnation since there really is no benefit for them to kill it. Instead use your ulti at the start of or towards the middle of a fight that way it get's hits in as a ghost and catches a lot of players off gaurd.

With regards to yoricks ulti a simple way to think about it is: It's cool to get kills after death, it's cooler when you don't have to die to do it.

EDIT: Also remember that his Q boosts his movement speed, use it on minions to both close distance and escape. Since yorick is kinda tanky sometimes when running from combat it's best to pop q, turn around and hit your pursuers and then flee.

Carados 02-26-2012 05:12 PM

You shouldn't get a tiamat, what the ****.

The way you build Yorick on Dominion is Boots+Prospector's Blade, into either Spirit Visage Trinity, depending on your lane. Then get your Trinity Either get tankier through things like Frozen Heart and Atma's or Wit's End or Odyn's or FoN, or get a Sanguine Blade.

PhreakInfinity 02-26-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carados (Hozzászólás 21439247)
You shouldn't get a tiamat, what the ****.

The way you build Yorick on Dominion is Boots+Prospector's Blade, into either Spirit Visage Trinity, depending on your lane. Then get your Trinity Either get tankier through things like Frozen Heart and Atma's or Wit's End or Odyn's or FoN, or get a Sanguine Blade.

I assume, you haven't tried it.

Tanky v. DPS yorick in dom is really player preference. If you prefer tanky late game dominance then follow the build carados suggests. If you prefer a more aggressive laning phase and weaker late game. Go mune or tiamat.

Buy pickax first. Also you may already know this but as evidenced by Carados, no one thinks Tiamat is worth a **** so you may catch flak from your team while you are still figuring it out.