League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Posted this on the GD boards (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1833794)

Viktoree 02-17-2012 12:49 PM

Posted this on the GD boards

I need some support from the dominion community to try and grow our player base. I can see from reading the GD boards that A LOT of people are sick of SR and the current meta. This seems like a great time to start aggressively trying to expand our playerbase by pointing out how Dom is different and less restrictive than SR.

Sick of the Meta? Sick of getting reported for playing the champs you wanna play? Sick of the bland, passive playstyle? Sick of farming for 20 minutes only to lost the game because X player died twice to the same person and now that person is fed? Do you find yourself raging all the time over games due to frustration? Are you having fun anymore?

Here's the link: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9#post21097449

Here's what I wrote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viktoree (Hozzászólás 21097449)
Sick of the Meta? Sick of getting reported for playing the champs you wanna play? Sick of the bland, passive playstyle? Sick of farming for 20 minutes only to lost the game because X player died twice to the same person and now that person is fed? Do you find yourself raging all the time over games due to frustration? Are you having fun anymore?

Are you sick of Summoners Rift?

Come join the Dominion community, there's a tight knit, friendly group of skilled players waiting to show you the ropes of Dominion. In case you didn't know, it's a CTF/KOTH gametype with fast paced action and lots of varying styles in how to approach it and you can be successful with ANY champion.

If you're interested I suggest you check out the official Dom forums, the dominatedominion.com forums and join the in-game dominatedominion chat room where the heart of the community hangs out, including most of the top tournament players and community leaders.

I'd love for you guys to support the thread by bumping, upvoting, and adding reasons why people should be reconsidering the switch to Dominion.

The only way the Dominion community is going to grow is if we put the effort into growing it, and the faster it grows the faster we get ranked play ;-)

Zavy 02-17-2012 12:58 PM

I tried playing SR for the first time since Dom came out just a few weeks ago. What a miserable experience. Some jerk on my team was screaming about soloing top because "the meta says so", and people were roaming the jungle before start and.... yeah. SR has changed too much. I'm sticking with Dom. =)

Viktoree 02-17-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zavy (Hozzászólás 21097985)
I tried playing SR for the first time since Dom came out just a few weeks ago. What a miserable experience. Some jerk on my team was screaming about soloing top because "the meta says so", and people were roaming the jungle before start and.... yeah. SR has changed too much. I'm sticking with Dom. =)

If we ever want to get Dominion to get the respect it deserves we're going to fight uphill for it, we're going to deal with nothing but trolls, naysayers and SR fanboys but if we all stick together and go hard at this we're going to be able to aggressively grow our community player by player.

RealWolf M 02-17-2012 01:47 PM

We're winning. Keep that main post bumped and +'d

Viktoree 02-17-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealWolf M (Hozzászólás 21099721)
We're winning. Keep that main post bumped and +'d

I love how all their arguments are nothing more than "dom is bad" with nothing to back it up.

Viktoree 02-17-2012 02:40 PM

+15 upvotes keep em coming before the trolls and SR fanboys downvote us into oblivion.

Viktoree 02-17-2012 02:46 PM

We need some more of the players from the Top teams to step up and start fighting for Dom with us.

Mad Suppordle 02-17-2012 02:56 PM

I put down some quick thoughts in the thread. I think it would be great to see more people trying out dominion.

Viktoree 02-17-2012 06:43 PM

bump

RealWolf M 02-18-2012 01:52 AM

bumpin the main thread with good posts and explanations, feel free to help out dominion, so far we're doing well at keeping this thread both informative, positive, and +'d