League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Riot Games should start banning IPs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1829756)

Dawn of Oblivion 02-16-2012 08:33 AM

Riot Games should start banning IPs

I just had the worst experience ever on League of Legends. In the draft queue, a summoner who was fourth pick called solo top even after I (while i was first in the draft) stated I was trying to get gangplank, I let him grab riven cause I didn't wanna fight about it and figured it was probably his best character or something. Then once we get in game he immediately feeds the top Tryndamere first blood and then sits in the base the whole time chatting not even just afking. He then proceeds to troll us for 25 minutes talking about how this is his griefing account and he doesn't care if he gets banned. Then just when our team finally starts making a come back and pushing over 3 towers within 2 minutes on 1 push, he comes back into the game to start intentionally feed. We end up losing the game after we had a near victory and this kid, even if his summoner does get banned, will continue to get to play on his "real' account until his griefing one is unbanned again and then he can continue to grief. I am a proud supporter of Riot Games I first started on the EU servers and then transition to the NA servers once it finally started picking up in NA and I have spent at least 150 dollars on this game so far, so if you want Riot to find other ways to ban Summoners than just their grief accounts, give this post a thumbs up.

anecrophagist 02-16-2012 10:06 AM

I think that if your team didn't surrender, you are just as bad as the player you mentioned.
You might think that's harsh and untrue, but if you had such a player on your team, then the game only needed to last 20 minutes. How can you be upset at him for wasting your time when you wasted the exact same amount refusing to move on and play without the troll that you desperately seem wish distance from.

Just think about it.

Forrestfire15 02-16-2012 10:09 AM

I'm sorry you got a troll in your game. However, if Riot implements IP bans, I know for a fact that it screw over less trolls than normal players. What about college students on a shared internet, multiple people in the same house, etc?

Contrary to the popular opinion, the majority of players are NOT loners who live in their mother's basements. All IP banning would do is screw over players who have people to play with.

anecrophagist 02-16-2012 10:12 AM

p.s. RP isn't stock, if you spent a million dollars at WalMart, you can't seriously hope to bring that up if you were trying to persuade them to see things their way.
If they do incorporate IP bans, they won't seriously be doing it just because players that play this game with their money's delusions.

Good luck, however.

Hyosun 02-16-2012 11:21 AM

get over it. There are enough trolls and bad players in this game to keep you upset for a long time if you let it. It's just a part of the game and a part of life like the old lady who drives 25 on a 45 mph road in the left lane or the ****** who pulls up to a drive-through window without ordering. There are a lot of idiots in the world so the best thing you can do is ignore them and move on with your life / game night. Riot banning IP addresses would be ridiculous and a potential loss of revenue since said troll might buy RP and skins. No company is going to potentially ban a repeat customer.

jurast 02-16-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anecrophagist (Hozzászólás 21053536)
I think that if your team didn't surrender, you are just as bad as the player you mentioned.
You might think that's harsh and untrue, but if you had such a player on your team, then the game only needed to last 20 minutes. How can you be upset at him for wasting your time when you wasted the exact same amount refusing to move on and play without the troll that you desperately seem wish distance from.

Just think about it.

How is he bad for wanting to win the game and not just give up on it if they have a chance to win, i'v won 4v5's before its hard but rewarding at the end. Unfortunatly as stated above me Riot will probably never ban ip's because that person has the potential to spend money on RP. Sometimes i wish they would though.

anecrophagist 02-17-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurast (Hozzászólás 21062065)
How is he bad for wanting to win the game and not just give up on it if they have a chance to win, i'v won 4v5's before its hard but rewarding at the end. Unfortunatly as stated above me Riot will probably never ban ip's because that person has the potential to spend money on RP. Sometimes i wish they would though.

Well you see, I will kind of dumb it down...

5v5, 10 players total, a good game [gg] will start with 5 players on each team, and end that way.

So now, say the game lasted one hour, you were about to win but you lost, however the game was evenly matched for most of that period... that is still a good game. Next game, you do bad, you surrender at 20 minutes; still a GG.

Now look at this example :O

Game lasts 75 minutes, and you have had a disconnected player all game, and never won a single team fight, and enemy team had baroned every time it was up and nobody on your team was ever aware of their presence outside your base for 40 minutes of the game. You can blame the leaver all you want for your bad experience with this game; just as much as you can blame Santa for your parents buying BF3 on XBox 360, when you asked for it on PC... but after that 20 minute mark, instead of playing a new game that you actually stood a chance; just qq all game and beg to report some troll when it was up to you the entire time just how long the game really had to last.

If you want to win, surrender and fight against a team with 5 players with 5 players.

Hellow 02-17-2012 08:49 AM

you couldve been better

Newatdizbrah 02-17-2012 08:58 AM

IP ban, seriously? Easy **** to get around. Hence why they DONT IP ban already.

C0rrupt S0ul 02-21-2012 08:13 AM

their system is flawed, so many ppl getting banned creating so many jerk nerfs chasing away so many new players. Alot of bans are from "omfg, look at our ap carry and his merc treads please report" such **** even if he's doing that as way to live enough to deal damage to counter the way games going or needing that extra tenacy.

I however agree, in cases like this, there should be stiffer penalties as it is an open and shut case of an alpha troll

Had a recent game in TT where I said to our 3rd player to next team fight, try getting there while we're still fighting instead of after we're all dead so that we can ace them instead. So she in all chat said "Im feeding you guys cause my team are faggets' this was at begining of game after first team fight in the mid by red buff. She stayed up top push lane instead of help.

Any way all game long she just ran at the nexus and enemy to feed them. We used him as decoy at times to kill enemy while they were killing him, "wow, more useful now then when she wasn't in fight at all" we didnt give up despite a 1-30-0 score ally as we knew our first 2v3 fight went really well. Paid off as there we were pounding on their nexus soon, ally eventually went up and got last hit on it.

Another case where they should be even more penalized, but they do need to also lighten up on the wrong types of reports.