League of Legends Community
123

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dominion in the air (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1820469)

Silverstab 02-14-2012 02:38 AM

Dominion in the air
 
It's getting boring.
Not everyone can play draft mode.
It's WAY to easy to create a perfect, untouchable team team in Dominion.
I've told this in the Nautilus spotlight comment, but It just keeps on bothering me.

Does this game have diminishing returns? If yes - not enough of them, if not - they should definitely put them at least on knock-ups and knock-backs.

I've recently fought a team of Jarvan, Alistar, and Wukong. 3 aoe knock-ups + 1 knock-back, all unaffected by tenacity. All from tanky, tanky champs who in Dominion have 'tons of damage', including aoe. There is no way of countering them, other than making a similar team.
You can't use items with on hit effects - you are in the air, dying.

Now Nautilus shows up.

So, how do you counter a team of Nautilus, Jarvan, Wukong, Alistar, and, lets say Poppy (they don't even need Rammus).

4 aoe knock-ups, knock-back and a nuker. Just keep everyone in the air all the time and let Poppy kill them one by one. GL stopping any of them, cause by the time they use the ultimate-type knock ups, Alistar has a fresh one off already off cd.
It's only annoying in Dominion, cause you cant cut them off from exp and gold, like you would do in Summoner's Rift.

Knock ups were fine when they were unique, now they are op when chained.

Yaladilae 02-14-2012 02:56 AM

How does Jarvan AOE knockup??? I am curious, i must be missing something

Semiel 02-14-2012 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaladilae (Hozzászólás 20954577)
How does Jarvan AOE knockup??? I am curious, i must be missing something

His gap-closer knocks up.

AbsolutePK 02-14-2012 02:59 AM

I'm surprised Blitz isn't listed anywhere in there, since he's essentially the master of CC on Dominion.

Also, I'm fairly sure knock-up can stack. I've been killed before I've even touched the ground because 2 knock ups were used on me, and I'm fairly sure it sent me higher than I normally would have gone.

May require some testing.

Yaladilae 02-14-2012 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Semiel (Hozzászólás 20954610)
His gap-closer knocks up.

Thanks, i can never remember, since they usually put the standard down and wait a bit before they pull, so there is time to get the hell out

ProSauce VT 02-14-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsolutePK (Hozzászólás 20954626)
I'm surprised Blitz isn't listed anywhere in there, since he's essentially the master of CC on Dominion.

Also, I'm fairly sure knock-up can stack. I've been killed before I've even touched the ground because 2 knock ups were used on me, and I'm fairly sure it sent me higher than I normally would have gone.

May require some testing.

I too have seen this when I was blitz and had an Allistar on my team. I don't know for certain whether its just the animation that shows the champ higher or if they actually are physically sent higher (thereby meaning it stacks so to speak).

Silverstab 02-14-2012 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsolutePK (Hozzászólás 20954626)
I'm surprised Blitz isn't listed anywhere in there, since he's essentially the master of CC on Dominion.
.

He doesn't have aoe knock up, and the silence can be shortened. But sure, you can replace Poppy with Blitz, why not.

AbsolutePK 02-14-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverstab (Hozzászólás 20954800)
He doesn't have aoe knock up, and the silence can be shortened. But sure, you can replace Poppy with Blitz, why not.

Poppy isn't really a master of CC. Unless you count death as CC.. I'd replace Jarvan with Blitz. Sure Jarvan has an AoE knock up, but Blitz damages enemies just by being near them, AoE silences so they can't flash away, grips anyone that TRIES to run away or can position them in front of a wall for an easy poppy gib.

I've also always felt knock ups were an extremely powerful CC since Tenacity doesn't decrease time spent in the air, so I see what you're worried about when they just keep introducing this form of CC to more champions.

All I can say is Blitz or Alistar will probably be among the list of permanently banned champions in the coming weeks.

Something along the lines of Rammus, Yorick, Shaco, Alistar, Wukong, Kassadin would probably be a normal set of bans. Alistar is banned sometimes anyway, and I'm surprised more people don't play Blitzcrank even though I've seen a few the past couple days.

Silverstab 02-14-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsolutePK (Hozzászólás 20955258)
Poppy isn't really a master of CC.

Well, I've put Poppy there not cause of her cc, but because of her burst. Team I've mentioned would greatly benefit from someone like Poppy, who can smash almost anyone, while the rest keeps everyone busy. I think she will just kill faster than Blitz in that set. That's all :)

AbsolutePK 02-14-2012 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverstab (Hozzászólás 20955367)
Well, I've put Poppy there not cause of her cc, but because of her burst. Team I've mentioned would greatly benefit from someone like Poppy, who can smash almost anyone, while the rest keeps everyone busy. I think she will just kill faster than Blitz in that set. That's all :)

Well not to get too into it, but that setup also calls for sending 5 people top.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:39 PM.
123


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc